Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois a bad reporter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Smallville as a whole hasn't been the greatest at fairly representing or portraying what journalism is and journalists do. If we wanted it to be real-life accurate, Clark and Lois should still be monitoring the police radio for breaking news or doing streeters ie stuff that junior, cub reporters would be doing. A pair of journalism degrees or diplomas wouldn't hurt either!

We can set aside Clark's Flash-like speed in assuming his reporting prowess for now (That's a thread on its own. Yeah, a lightswitch ) -- the Last Son of Krypton having all but abandoned those skills back in Season 4 to pursue grid-iron glory, with his brief pen-to-paper foray as a student of Fine at CKU. And suddenly, we now accept Clark as at par with the top-tier of the Daily Planet's best and brightest .

Remember one of Lex's famous (infamous?!) quotes, waaay back in X-Ray:

"I'd question your integrity, but you're a journalist." Yeah, good burn Lex -- but thanks for painting all journalists with the same TMZ/National Enquirer sleazy brush. I love Lex, but frankly he ticked me off that episode once he said that. It might apply to those of the Inquisitor and their trashy ilk -- which Roger Nixon was. Lex conveniently forgets that he's complicit by using that same journalist as his own PR mouthpiece. The only caveat is that he said it during Season 1, with all its first-year stumbles, too many FOTWs, the birth of Clana, etc. Do as I say but not as I do. That's been Clark's maxim for many seasons.

As for bias, every single character after 10 years has demonstrated bias of some form and wading into that grey area where they could be either right or wrong depending on how it's spinned. And it's probably that very ambiguity that still keeps people watching, despite a plethora of vampire sororities, FOTWs and Adam Knight-esque dudes. The moment Clark and friends know exactly what they're going to do, the series will have run its course.

As for Bruce Wayne, he's quietly stockpiling kryptonite, wiretapping the Watchtower and getting Wayne Enterprises forensic accountants to look over Queen's books because he wouldn't trust any of them with a 10-foot pole, thanks to all those secrets and lies. But that's just my spin on it

Bruce: "I'd question your integrity, Clark/*insert SV character here* -- but you're from Smallville."

Comment

• Originally posted by President_Luthor
      As for Bruce Wayne, he's quietly stockpiling kryptonite, wiretapping the Watchtower and getting Wayne Enterprises forensic accountants to look over Queen's books because he wouldn't trust any of them with a 10-foot pole, thanks to all those secrets and lies. But that's just my spin on it

Bruce: "I'd question your integrity, Clark/*insert SV character here* -- but you're from Smallville."
      Heh.

I agree w/the OP that in real life, Lois exposing Darkseid's meat-suit for being anti-vigilant would be a cheap shot (and incidentally probably pretty ineffective; Godfrey is a media personality, not a politician, and the American public imo could care less how kinky their talking heads are). On this show however? Absolutely the right thing to do. My take on the series is that the only moral standard that has ever mattered is whether a character is willing to ignore Clark's obvious lies prior to learning his secret or protect Clark's secret to the death once it becomes known. Everything else is negotiable.

So perhaps it's a good thing WB has never allowed Bruce on the show. I don't think they could present him as a moral person and still keep him in character.

Comment

• Lois is not a bad reporter but according to the episode she is a bad girl that needs to be tied up gagged...not to mention a spank now and then...

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎