Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bondage Club=Too Much even for SV?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see this as a freedom of speech issue. Since a large part of TV is still in the public arena, regulation of content is entirely appropriate. Anybody who finds the regulations too strict can use a different medium (cable, DVD, etc).

While I didn't mind the bondage scene, I thought it was too much given the diversity of people who probaby watch the show. Smallville has never been quite a "family" show for all ages, but some parents probably do watch the show with their children on occasion.
    You don't need to portray evil that fully for the purpose of a Superman story.

I just don't think the show has a mission to challenge the audience in that way, and Superman is ultimately a fantasy about some good guy who is always able to save the day. We know that real life is not like that. I watch the show to escape from the real world for awhile each week.

Comment

• Originally posted by angie_casas
      Errr... I was like Kara. "What is this PLACE!?!?" I knew wat it was but I was shocked ppl dress like tat. Other than that i thought that scene was hilarious with Lois and her latex sisters
      I loved Clark's response: "It's hard to explain, just try to fit in!"

Honestly, I do not agree with the concept that this scene was too much. There was plenty of time for parents to shoo the kiddies off when they saw the invitation and had a commercial break. Considering what a bondage club is really like and the manner of things that go on in places like that, I thought the SV version was quite tame and even amusing.

I certainly can appreciate other people's sensibilities, so there is no need to flame me, but I wanted to add my two cents. I did not think it was overboard. I enjoyed seeing Lois way out of her comfort zone - Erica did well with the scene. It was an interesting way to introduce the dark evil of Darkseid (and indicative of perhaps the producers' efforts to take a few risks in the final season). I find it interesting that there has not been any cries of protest over the portrayal of consensual bondage as an inherently evil thing, but hey, maybe I missed a post... Then again, that would be akin to slapping a sign on your head that says, "Spank me, I LIKE it!"

Okay, so I am re-reading my post here and have to laugh at myself. How many of you who read this are going to make the assumption I am into this stuff? Just playing the Devil's advocate here, no patent leather is hiding in my closet...

One more question: Why couldn't CLARK have sported an outfit to go undercover too! Woo hoo, makes tights look tame, doesn't it Tommy?

Comment

• No, because there are persons that they like this and every who his things, it had his comical moments

Comment

• wasn't a fan

Comment

• I thoroughly enjoyed that scene!

But I live in New York City so seeing this was nothing compared to walking the streets of Manhattan at night.
            Last edited by pizzahead2490; 12-22-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎