Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Lois considered pure but Clark isn't?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin24
    He blocked Chloe's memories so that she would have a happier life. Honestly, the way things are going for her it actually looked like the best course of action for her. She would have avoided everything that happened to her and I think even Jimmy would have survived? This happened in season 8 right?

Also to use Red K to try and discredit Clark is a bad move. He had no control over it and it doesn't really show Clark's true feelings either. I bet if I was on Red K and I found a girl attractive I would probably try to pick her up despite having a girlfriend. If I wasn't on it I'd just look at the girl and think shes cute then go on with my day.

What I'm trying to say is it makes Clark do things he wouldn't normally do or think. Also, I can't remember the precision reason why Clark did that to Tess but I think it was to save someone.
    Red K actually has been said time and time again to show his true desires, which was to slap Chloe, and then murder ...Zod? I believe at that time. He doesn't have control over it, but if you need to control yourself to NOT murder and NOT slap the petite little blonde girl in the room then you are NOT "pure of heart". We see Lois fight more than Clark really, and by fight I mean with her fist, not special powers - but it's always in self defense. We often see Clark being agressive and violent without it being in self defense.

Also just because Clark has to lie to himself to justify trying to control Chloe's life doesn't make it so. It just means Clark isn't only lying to everyone around him, but himself aswell. It was bound to happen seeing as he is a compulsive liar. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lunarsun
      Clark wound up on the table next to Lois, and was inside of her head. Clark had no trouble waking up and simply being okay with her memories being erased. Lois is the one who didn't wake up right away, of course. And who knows? I mean he dangled Tess over the roof of a building just to get his way, when Lois wants questions and answered she doesn't have to resort to attempted murder like Clark...So I guess that sorta answers the question in this thread lol.
      You should seriously rewatch that ep. Clark stumbled into that needle and it was Chloe who prevented Dr. Emil from disconnecting them. Clark came out of it only after the future memories ended, like in "The End."

Comment

I do not think Lois is pure and that is the point I was trying to get across in this thread. I think they could have worded it better because nobody is truly innocent in this show.

They have all done questionable things ethically to help people. That doesn't absolve them from the wrong they did to achieve their goals of helping people. We can justify it but in the end they did do something wrong to do something right. Just tonight Lois deceived someone to blackmail them to get what she wanted. Is that really something a pure person would do?

This is what I was trying to get at that they are all not pure.

Although, after talking with Libby I see that they meant to have unshakable faith in something. Which is completely different from being pure.

P.S. Just because someone isn't pure doesn't mean they are evil either. Clark and Lois in my opinion are not pure but they are really great people. They have a lot of good virtues but they are also guilty of things.
        Last edited by Kevin24; 10-08-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

This is the anti-life equation below and is the key to what Darkseid most desires: the suppression of free will.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

Darkseid wants to tear people down, make them feel bad, make them doubt themselves, make them lose hope so that they give way to despair. Once he has broken your free will, he can command you. (Self=Darkseid, just like we saw on the show.)

Now, looking at Clark through the anti-life equation, I think it is obvious why he was so vulnerable. He simply feels lost and insecure; he's not malevolent or evil. He had what Jor-El called "pride" and Darkseid called "bravado", but he had not yet mastered these "dark" aspects of his soul: the doubt, the loneliness, etc. (I'd say he judges and condemns himself very harshly for past follies, too, and Darkseid certainly played on that in this episode.) I don't know, but I think viewing Clark's journey through the lens of the anti-life equation puts things in better perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
            You should seriously rewatch that ep. Clark stumbled into that needle and it was Chloe who prevented Dr. Emil from disconnecting them. Clark came out of it only after the future memories ended, like in "The End."
            ROFL. He stumbled on a needle, and wound up on a table hooked up to the machine? Only to sit up after he got what he needed, perfectly okay? ROFLLLL.. okay. So again, what about stalking Lana for YEARS....abusing Tess when it wasn't needed, and trying to control Chloe's memories?

Comment

well i'm not saying that Lois is a bad person, but last time that I checked, she had her fair share of insecurities as well...so I wonder as to what Darkseid was trying to say when he said that she was "pure"?

Comment

Lois has a pure heart without doubts because she knows that Clark needs her, hawkman told her that

Clark doesn't have a pure heart because hes scared of revealing himself, and doubting his powers (fly)

Comment

Originally posted by 0Raiser
                  Lois has a pure heart without doubts because she knows that Clark needs her, hawkman told her that

Clark doesn't have a pure heart because hes scared of revealing himself, and doubting his powers (fly)
                  perhaps, but last time that I checked, I'm sure she still has some insecurities in regards to her own family problems since her relationship with her dad and sister wasn't exactly the best.

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
                    perhaps, but last time that I checked, I'm sure she still has some insecurities in regards to her own family problems since her relationship with her dad and sister wasn't exactly the best.
                    However that is not holding her back from supporting Clark, she doesn't even mention it for like the last 5 seasons?

She is trying her best to help Clark so he can be the hero everybody wants him to be

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                      I do not think Lois is pure and that is the point I was trying to get across in this thread. I think they could have worded it better because nobody is truly innocent in this show.

They have all done questionable things ethically to help people. That doesn't absolve them from the wrong they did to achieve their goals of helping people. We can justify it but in the end they did do something wrong to do something right. Just tonight Lois deceived someone to blackmail them to get what she wanted. Is that really something a pure person would do?

This is what I was trying to get at that they are all not pure.

Although, after talking with Libby I see that they meant to have unshakable faith in something. Which is completely different from being pure.

P.S. Just because someone isn't pure doesn't mean they are evil either. Clark and Lois in my opinion are not pure but they are really great people.
                      Sorry but waiting around for some sicko to lead you to his own sicko club, where he's at risk for anyone to snap a shot of him at any time (assuming this was Gordon's personal interest, and not darkseids rofl) isn't blackmail, she wasn't making threats to publish the pictures, she did it right there infront of him, balls out, to discredit any story he could write about Oliver. Blackmail is "ohhh I'll post these pictures of you if you don't do what I want!" not "Hey look I just sent these pictures to be published, tough luck mofo". LOL

MOD EDIT

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

What does being insecure about family relationships have to do with being "pure of heart"? Clark's daddy issues aren't the reasons given as to why this "pure of heart" thing didn't apply to him. So why make assumptions? For all we know, Lois being the only one constantly there for her family, and friends (such as oliver, multiple times) could be why she's considered pure of heart, while clark didn't even give a damn enough to tell Lois when Oliver tried to kill himself.
                      Last edited by Vergon6; 10-09-2010, 01:53 AM. Reason: Violation of Rule #10, 14-flaming another board member, telling them to 'get real'

Comment

Originally posted by 0Raiser
                        However that is not holding her back from supporting Clark, she doesn't even mention it for like the last 5 seasons?

She is trying her best to help Clark so he can be the hero everybody wants him to be
                        well i wasn't talking about her ability to help Clark, I was just talking about insecurities in general. Clark doesn't appear to doubt his relationship with Lois, but Darkseid knew that he had other doubts as well.

And Lois is still a human being, so i'm sure she has doubts about stuff that aren't clark related.

Comment

ROFL. He stumbled on a needle, and wound up on a table hooked up to the machine? Only to sit up after he got what he needed, perfectly okay?
                          Simply watch it. Don't make accusations just because you don't remember correctly.

So again, what about stalking Lana for YEARS....
                          Watch the pilot episode of Lois & Clark. Watch Superman Returns. Clark has always the tendency to be a sneak-peaker.

And I hated the writers for erasing Chloe's memories. It was just before the mid-season break and I feared that they tried to "align" with the myth (people not knowing and stuff). But what Clark did was in good faith. Even Chloe admitted that she had the feeling as if a huge weight had been pulled off from her.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                            So the question is: what does Clark Kent have faith in at present? Who or what does he believe in no matter what?
                            Lois. It will be their commitment to each other that will propel Clark forward.

After Dr. Fate tells her that she'll be the one that he needs, and Carter saying pretty much the same thing, I have to believe that that is the path the writers will take with this.

Comment

I think that what they meant is that the person is feeling right where she is. Right now, Lois knows who she is and what she wants. She is not questioning herself any more or doubting herself or her future. That might be the key.

Everyone will always have doubts and fears, but there are paralizing fears, and the fears that you deal with, and go on. Right now, Clark has parallizing fears, that are preventing him of fully reaching his potential.

Do I agree with this approach? No. But this is clearly what they mean, and it might be [SPOILER]the whole purpose of Homecoming next week, to overcome those fears.[/SPOILER]. Clark will always have fears, we all do. But finding his own place in the world means to deal with them, and eventually beating them.
                              Last edited by liana; 10-08-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I don't think they meant she was pure in that she has never done anything wrong in her life. Lois would be the first person to say she has done plenty wrong in her life.

In the context of the epsiode from what I'm starting to understand is that she has unconditional faith in the Blur. She does have doubts and insecurities but she also has faith in the blur. It is that faith that separated her from Clark.

Clark seems to not have faith in anything right now and is open to be corrupted by the darkness.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎