Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Lois considered pure but Clark isn't?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Lois considered pure but Clark isn't?

From what I understood the darkness feeds on people who have doubts and fears. Doesn't Lois have doubts about herself? I mean at the end of the epsiode she fears that she is holding Clark back from fulfilling his destiny. She has been pretty down on herself lately.

The darkness told Clark that he sees the doubts he has that he will never be the hero he really wants to be. I don't understand why Clark was going to be taken over but Lois was seen as having a pure heart.

Can someone please explain that to me.

Can someone please explain that to me.
    They need something to stall Clark for a while. But not so much for Lois.

I really think thats as deep as it gets, unfortunately. IMO

Comment

I just didn't agree with the comment that guy said to Lois. When he said that she was pure of heart... I rolled my eyes. I understand that she is a good person and unselfish at times.....but to say she is more pure than Clark I don't agree with that.

Comment

These writers don't think much of Clark. Heck Kara's return was pointless and stupid. I'm not surprised they don't think him pure

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad

This.

Comment

ITA on the stall part especially.

Comment

I'm not really sure what the writers are trying to say, but I will say that Lois has never had to question whether or not she's wanted to kill before. All of the times she's gone over the top for something have been out of her desire to help someone she cared about and she acknowledged her flaws at the time. Lois acts to protect and shield herself and others from pain. I can't really argue that Clark doesn't do this too, but I do know that he's had to come face to face with some harsh realities and he's sometimes been in danger of crossing boundaries he shouldn't cross.

Comment

They need something to stall Clark for a while.
                Pretty much. There's no real reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                  From what I understood the darkness feeds on people who have doubts and fears. Doesn't Lois have doubts about herself? I mean at the end of the epsiode she fears that she is holding Clark back from fulfilling his destiny. She has been pretty down on herself lately.
                  I feel like she got rid of all her doubts after her talk with carter and she came back. She even told oliver she came back for "destiny". Just my take though.

Comment

I took it as she does not have any doubts about what her destiny is to be (at least when it comes to writing stores) as Clark is till unsure as to how on to carry out being a hero. i think the wat we saw him get mad over Lois was supposed to provide that point as to Lois protecting Ollie(even id it was usuless because he betrayed her imo) no matter what.
                    Last edited by doodie8808; 10-08-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

This episode was about faith. Those who have it and those who don't. Lois was said to be pure of heart because she has faith in something--heroes, particularly the Blur. Godfrey couldn't break her because she maintains her faith that the Blur will always be there for her.

Kara has faith in something too--herself--and that's all she can really have faith in because she has nothing and no one else really in her entire life.

After what happened in Doomsday, Clark lost faith in his own humanity. He lost faith in himself. For parts of last season and the beginning of this season, Clark did show faith in something: his fate. But as Carter Hall pointed out in Shield, Nietzsche believed "people who chased after some far off future dream were really running away from their true destiny." Throughout Supergirl, Clark is shown to doubt his ability to win over the people, or be there for them in the way that they need him to be. He's afraid of failure, and of falling off a high pedestal.

So the question is: what does Clark Kent have faith in at present? Who or what does he believe in no matter what?
                      Last edited by ginevrakent; 10-08-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I don't think it is pure darkness they are talking about. Just that Clark has some doubts and self-confidence issues. Where as Lois has doubts but she also owns those doubts. She'll go to a therapist or cry it out, or chat with Hawkman etc. Clark has yet to examine his doubts and maybe that's where the next episode comes in.

Comment

Beats me.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                            This episode was about faith. Those who have it and those who don't. Lois was said to be pure of heart because she has faith in something--heroes, particularly the Blur. Godfrey couldn't break her because she maintains her faith that the Blur will always be there for her.

Kara has faith in something too--herself--and that's all she can really have faith in because she has nothing and no one else really in her entire life.

After what happened in Doomsday, Clark lost faith in his own humanity. He lost faith in himself. For parts of last season and the beginning of this season, Clark did show faith in something: his fate. But as Carter Hall pointed out in Shield, Nietzsche believed "people who chased after some far off future dream were really running away from their true destiny." Throughout the Supergirl, Clark is shown to doubt his ability to win over the people, or be there for them in the way that they need him to be. He's afraid of failure, and of falling of a high pedestal.

So the question is: what does Clark Kent have faith in at present? Who or what does he believe in no matter what?
                            ITA and I hope we'll find the answer to that question starting next week. Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
                              ITA and I hope we'll find the answer to that question starting next week. Great post!
                              Thanks (although my sleepiness led to typos...oh well). I hope we find out more about what Clark has unshakable faith in soon, too. It kind of goes along with what Kara was saying about flying. Clark needs to find that one thing he can focus on--that one thing that lifts his burdens (doubts, fears, anger, guilt) until he's like a feather--then he'll be free of darkness, doubt, and be able to fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎