Collapse
No announcement yet.

JOr-El disowned Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the same Jor-El AI that wasn't overly fond of Kara in the first place? [/Understatement] The same AI that invented a Kara in Clark's AU dream (7x18 Apocalypse) whose first instict was to attack Kal-El?

Comment

Ok, i think the idea behind Jor-el disowning Clark is that Clark isn't superman just yet. what i mean is that until now, Clark has really taken great steps to serve and protect but he hasn't overcome any of his issues. And it is those issues that will make him vulnerable to Darkseid's powers. Since last year Jor-el tried to make Clark leave his old life behind and essentially shape an new future. That didn't happen and now we have reached a point where Clark can actually become Darkseid's greatest weapon. Perhaps this is the only way Jor-el has to give Clark the jolt he needs to move forward. It is quite harsh but until now it seems pretty effective. Clark is now for the first time in a position to actually reflect on his past choices and stop avoiding them and start overcoming them.

Comment

If Jor-el had such a problem with Clark's behavior then shouldn't he have called him on it while he was doing it last year while they apparently spent all this time offscreen doing his training? We don't even know what the heck that training was. The only thing for sure that Clark has learned since starting his training is that he can have sex with Lois now. He didn't learn how to fly, we haven't seen any massive leaps in Clark's intelligence or anything like that. He's always gotten stronger as he got older, so what gives?

Comment

OUCH. That was harsh.
          This is the one thing that bothers me.
          Even if I understand where the writers are trying to go with this plot, it just doesn't justify Jor-El being suck a d*ck.

Comment

What I don't get is that Kara said that Jor-El said that Kal-El wasn't his son anymore, but that he also said that he wasn't ready. Those two statements kind of contradict each other.

I mean, if Jor-El thinks that Kal-El will never be the hero he envisioned, then what's with this "he's not ready" crap? I don't uinderstand at all.

Comment

I'm hoping for that AI Jor-El is Braniac scenario because this $@_* is just getting ridiculous. Clark should have disowned Jor-El years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by NightwingRobin85
                He will take over Clark! That is one thing that will force Clark to become Superman. When The Blur is no longer a hero, Superman shall rise from his ashes!
                I agree with you but i also think Clark will go all evil and maybe try to take over the World and th Justice League and Lois will try to stop him and he'll defeat them but of course his love for Lois will stop him, THIS IS JUST MY THEORY.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by rconner
                Maybe Jorel is mad at Clark for abandoning Shelby?
                LOL
                Last edited by Kal-el 26; 10-09-2010, 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=Kal-el 26;6775455]I agree with you but i also think Clark will go all evil and maybe try to take over the World and th Justice League and Lois will try to stop him and he'll defeat them but of course his love for Lois will stop him, THIS IS JUST MY THEORY.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I can see that happening around sweeps week. It will last about two episodes and be rushed through. The writing of this entire thing has been fustruating as well as hackish especially with the Iron Man Ollie scene. Again, Kryptonite will stop Clark and why people are sweating this I have no idea. All it will do is prove Jor-El right, Clark wrong and all of us fans angry that they continue to play this game of stalling Superman for the sake of that final shot as Superman. Also if Clark does become the face of Darkseid, it will kill everything when he becomes Superman. If he was already Superman when it happens then it would mean something. Now, he is going to be the guy some alien possessed who almost destroyed the world. Yeah.

Comment

Jo erl disowned clark??

good riddance!!!!, Clark already has a father

he name is jonathan Kent

Comment

Jor-El is a douchebag.

Comment

He is the kind of father that would make anyone say:"thank God I'm an orphan."

Comment

Jor-el has been a horrible father figure to Clark this season because of the verbal abuse he has given Clark. All Clark wants is to hear how proud he is of him but instead he gets the exact opposite of what any son wants to hear.

After everything Jor-el and Clark have been through together I find it hard to believe Jor-el would give up on him. Clark has done more questionable things in the past than show too much pride.

Jor-el needs to be smacked in the face because he thinks he is all that.

Comment

I really hope they have a good explanation for this. The real Jor-El was a good man and the A.I. is mean and hard. There is a disconnect between the real and the phantom Jor-El in the Fortress of Solitude who is traumatizing Clark. Let's hope that this is actually explained by series' end and not just plot hole into forever.

Comment

Originally posted by alicia chipy
                              he is the kind of father that would make anyone say:"thank god i'm an orphan."
                              rofl!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                                Jor-el has been a horrible father figure to Clark this season because of the verbal abuse he has given Clark. All Clark wants is to hear how proud he is of him but instead he gets the exact opposite of what any son wants to hear.

After everything Jor-el and Clark have been through together I find it hard to believe Jor-el would give up on him. Clark has done more questionable things in the past than show too much pride.

Jor-el needs to be smacked in the face because he thinks he is all that.

this douchebag dude has been verbally, pyschologically, mentally & emotionally tormenting clark for a long time , the kents did a good job raising the boy, clark deserves better than jo el, and thank god for that

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎