Special effects in Supergirl

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

we do know they are on a slashed budget last few yrs. And even with that they have done some good stuff in the last few yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
      we do know they are on a slashed budget last few yrs. And even with that they have done some good stuff in the last few yrs.
      Yeah. I completely agree. They've really done a good job at keeping the effects looking real nice even with lower budgets but I still think that billboard scene could've looked a bit better. Like someone else said, they didn't have to linger on the CGI shots for as long as they did. That was my only prob with the effects tonight though.

Comment

That first shot of Kara hovering in the air as Supergirl was awful. After that though, the FX got much better.

Comment

oh i agree it could have been better but it still was ok in my book.

Comment

The billboard was pretty bad. I thought the Darkseid smoke looked good though.

Comment

the effects this week were very bad but i still loved the episode!

Comment

they were not all bad

Comment

cringe-worthy... which is really disappointing since this is the LAST season. the show should be getting better, not worse! i cant take this seriously as a superman show if i'm so distracted by how phony everything looks. but maybe i'm just spoiled. cuz when superman first came to tv they didn't have anything near the effects we have today. but i probably wouldn't be so upset about it if the effects weren't so great in the earlier seasons. that was always one of the things i loved about the show. how well the effects were.

Comment

well i still think soem things are still good with the fx while their slashed budgets since 7th season and all.

Comment

That billboard scene was way too obvious...but I'll let that one slide b/c it's a tv budget. They just seemed to do so much better when it was the neon sign in Hostage.

The windmill scene was weird b/c it was greenscreened, but I really like the touch of the butterfly.

Overall, I did like the SFX used tonight. The Darkseid effects must have been a reused effect from the phantom episodes and Supernatural. But, good all the same. Especially the first one where he turns into the glowy crows.

Comment

The billboard was terrible and the red fabric sucked too, I'll let everythng else slide because its a tv show. Man I wish they could film on location! The fake cgi builldings are bothering me too!

Comment

well they have done some location shooting this season besides their little lot sets. I am sure we will probably get some more too in the end.

Comment

I cringed at Kara's opening scene. That, and the windmill scene (which was an obvious greenscreen). But, the rest of the SFX, including Clark's attempt at flight, were good.

Comment

What does SFX and IIRC mean. I see these things alot.

Comment

I would have preferred if Kara and Clark were just in a cornfield and not in the windmill.
                                Thing could have been done on location, and simpler... But yeah, I think it was cheaper and easier for them to CGI all of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎