Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Supergirl?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh well, hated the episode in parts and as a whole. Maybe not as bad as Sleeper, but it's still a 1/10 for me.
    Yes, they needed to get the new story plot going - the darkness and the doubts about himself that Clark will have to overcome to become Superman. Good. Very well. And applies to more than just Clark. But the way the story plot was introduced, the way the episode was written... Smallville, you should have done better in your final season!

Comment

• Like always Kal-El never really gets it straight= Fight like hell It´s always something with his mind that stops him... But final ep in season 9 was greatest fight in smallville!!!!
      But they should have more of those fights in more ep in this season

Originally posted by Este
      Oh well, hated the episode in parts and as a whole. Maybe not as bad as Sleeper, but it's still a 1/10 for me.
      Yes, they needed to get the new story plot going - the darkness and the doubts about himself that Clark will have to overcome to become Superman. Good. Very well. And applies to more than just Clark. But the way the story plot was introduced, the way the episode was written... Smallville, you should have done better in your final season!

Comment

• The only good scenes were the ones with Lois in it (with Clark, Oliver and even Kara). Everything else sucked #&@!! Especially Kara.

Comment

• Originally posted by cygnusx1
          thats funny but not even close to my longest piece. i think i'm getting better though because i was writing novellas and have cut them down to a thesis.
          You should read Cygnus' story Exile that's in the Clark and Lois forum and see how long those entries are.

Clark is so ecstatic to hear Lois’ voice you could have knocked him over with a feather. They hug and it reminds me of the Metallo reunion only this time its Clark’s smile that brings sunshine to a cloudy day. Clark composes himself and pulls away because their status is unknown at this point even though they both know it deep down. Now that she knows he is the Blur the banter is even funnier. I couldn’t stop laughing while she was questioning Clark about Africa and she seemed to enjoy twisting him into knots. I had to laugh at Clark changing the question and asking if they were partners again and Lois saying yes.
          I really love how you compared the two reunions. Pretty clever of you to quote the song My Girl by The temptations.

They need to resolve their status because the sexual tension between them is thick. I was surprised they didn’t slip into the alley for a proper welcome home. Their exchange about Cat was great and I liked that Lois mentioned that she got Cat a great assignment covering the Iditarod. Lois marked her territory I would say.
          I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by this scene at first. I thought they should have kissed. Now that I've had some time to re-watch it, I could understand why they didn't. I really loved this review.

I agree with the poster who said this review is a thesis.

Comment

• This is your LAST season! Go crazy!

Don't care much for this episode. Probably because I liked the last episode a lot. This episode just didn't excite me or anything. Nothing really happened action-wise.

It was nice to see Kara again. And I did like the scenes with Oliver Queen struggling with his decisions. Clark falling through the roof of his barn was fun, too.

The climax was just...not there. There was no immediate danger, in my opinion. It felt almost like the writer and director were holding back.(Which is weird, cause I read that they wouldn't do that this season) Its just that this is their LAST season. Every episode should be a WOW! not a meh...

This si like the final round in a UFC match. Don't hold back. Don't pace yourself. Go crazy! There isn't going to be another round(or season) after this.

Comment

• Loved it

Comment

• I loved most of the scenes with Lois in them but the bondage scenario was a bit too twisted for my liking. Kara's return was a major disappointment.

Comment

• I loved Supergirl. I didn't like the fact that Jorel and Kalel were really acting distant and Kara came to tell Clark that he had a dark side in him. And the [villain] can see right through your darkness. I loved the Chlollie and Clois moments but still made me yearn for Chlollie . I miss Kara and expect to see her atleast one more time . You can find my art for Supergirl in my art thread. http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...09&postcount=9

Comment

• It appears that Clark and Kara are not connecting and I find it hard to believe that Jor-El suddenly trusts her after the 7th season. Also, I was glad that Clark was learning to fly this time around because that's a correction of the 7th season's Veritas where he refused to learn how to fly twice. Good thing Kara wasn't called Supergirl in this episode, but it showed why she is. However, the way Clark and Kara parted really got to me and I have a feeling she will be possessed by Darkseid if she ever returns again.

Comment

• excellent ^^

Comment

• BS!

One of my least favorite episodes of S10 and the series!

Comment

• Originally posted by cygnusx1
                          As a non-comic reader I enjoyed this episode because it gave me some background on some of the characters introduced last week and an idea of things to come. On the other hand I was left shaking my head a few times. It’s time to review.

We go back in time three weeks and catch our first glimpse of the power of the darkness that has arrived on Earth. I liked the background story of Gordon Godfrey because it showed a small time radio talk show host who preached doubt and fear to his devoted followers by demonizing the strangers who they perceive to threaten them. He gave them a symbol that fueled their fears.

We fast forward to the present and I am struck by the new panoramic view of the city. I liked that there was no music playing because it set a dark mood. Godfrey has been overpowered by the darkness and becomes the number one demagogue in Metropolis because of his crusade against the heroes and has amassed a new legion of followers. They rally around his message of fear and prejudice like blind men in the market place buying what their told.

I’m waiting for the first Clois scene after she returns from Egypt and it doesn’t disappoint. I liked that Godfrey is basically giving Lois’ speech in defense of the Blur from Idol but twisting it to fit his darker message of despair. Clark is covering the book signing and looks stunned that the support of the heroes is slipping like sands through the hourglass. He looks as depressed as Godfrey’s speech until he hears an angelic voice behind him.

Clark is so ecstatic to hear Lois’ voice you could have knocked him over with a feather. They hug and it reminds me of the Metallo reunion only this time its Clark’s smile that brings sunshine to a cloudy day. Clark composes himself and pulls away because their status is unknown at this point even though they both know it deep down. Now that she knows he is the Blur the banter is even funnier. I couldn’t stop laughing while she was questioning Clark about Africa and she seemed to enjoy twisting him into knots. I had to laugh at Clark changing the question and asking if they were partners again and Lois saying yes.

They need to resolve their status because the sexual tension between them is thick. I was surprised they didn’t slip into the alley for a proper welcome home. Their exchange about Cat was great and I liked that Lois mentioned that she got Cat a great assignment covering the Iditarod. Lois marked her territory I would say.

I liked their conversation about Godfrey because Lois is becoming his confidant without him realizing it. He is going to need someone and it should be Lois. Godfrey launches into an attack on the Blur which calls Lois to action. I feel like I’m watching Idol again and Lois is about ready to take down D.A. Sachs only this time Clark really is going to come out of the shadows before she can defend him.

A billboard is unveiled and the crane knocks it over. I liked that Clark was ready to use his powers in front of his chief antagonist in the name of saving lives but is stopped dead in his tracks. He is bracing himself and the billboard stops in midair. Everyone is as shocked as Clark is to see a blond woman in a red and blue costume holding the billboard and flying away with it. Lois has the line of the day when she asks Clark if it’s his cousin.

Lois and Clark return to the Daily Planet and the banter gets funnier between the two. Clark cracks me up when he wonders out loud where Kara flew off to. Lois asks about Kara and watching Clark have to feign surprise and play dumb is comic gold. I liked that the comedy smoothly transitions into a serious discussion about Kara and to a lesser degree about the Blur. What I like about Lois knowing his true identity and him not knowing is the support she can give him and the perspective of the world that he doesn’t see around him.

Clark begins to question if staying in the shadows is the right thing to do after watching Kara win the crowd over in her public debut. I liked this part of their exchange because Lois is quick to point out that Kara made a mistake going public because she is putting herself and Clark in danger. She speaks from experience and Clark’s reaction is spot on because his fear of putting Lois in danger is what is keeping him from telling her the truth. Lois continues to advocate for staying in the shadows by reminding Clark that the media builds up its heroes only to tear them down. Lois drives the point home when she tells Clark the Blur needs a disguise before he emerges from the shadows and into the public eye. It looks like Lois has found the inner strength to carry the burden with Clark.

Clark and Kara’s reunion scene wasn’t quite what I expected. He needs answers and finds her on a rooftop doing a photo shoot in her hero costume. She looked great during the swimsuit portion of the Miss Cream Corn pageant but she looks stunning posing while the flag is waving in the background. Clark’s crack about returning to Earth to become a pin up model made me chuckle.

After exchanging pleasantries, Kara tells Clark she missed him and is getting her image around town for him. Clark isn’t buying what she is selling and quite frankly neither am I. Kara sends shockwaves across Metropolis when she tells Clark that Jor-El sent her on a mission to become the public hero that Clark isn’t ready to become. The hits keep on coming for Clark when Kara announces that Jor-El no longer considers him to be his son.

Wow! I know that Jor-El was angry with Clark for having pride in his accomplishments but this is unbelievable. It’s like pulling a pitcher who has a no-hitter through eight innings because he pumped his fist after striking out the side. He obviously isn’t concerned about the pride and faith she has in herself and why would he? She can complete her mission and leave Earth while Clark cleans up the mess and lives with the consequences of her actions.

I liked the scene between Lois and Godfrey in the church because it was an epic battle between the darkness that wants to consume Clark and the beacon of light that led Clark out of his darkness. Lois fires the first shot by calling Godfrey a hypocrite for bashing heroes when he was saved by one earlier in the day. To his credit, Godfrey tries to plant doubt in Lois by arguing that Kara put lives in danger and was trying to undercut the message of his book. He calls her a blind follower of them which is ironic considering he spreads his message of doubt and fear to his own legion of blind followers.

I get the feeling after this exchange that the billboard was rigged to collapse. If it falls to the ground and kills people his message becomes stronger and he becomes more powerful. If Clark stops the billboard from falling, the Blur is exposed and his book sales and popularity skyrocket. He wins and gains new followers either way it turns out.

Lois isn’t buying his message and he tells the intrepid reporter he has people investigating the heroes. He makes a mistake because Mad Dog Lane isn’t about to let him destroy what she believes in and threatens him with her own investigation into his life. I liked that he challenged her to find what wasn’t there because it told her something was there to be found.

I liked that he lured Lois into a false sense of security then tells her he knows Oliver is the Green Arrow. His arrogance gets the better of him and he announces he is going to release the final chapter of his book online that exposes Oliver then gets up and leaves. I liked that Toyman was referenced as the source. Lois is shaken but devises a plan to protect a hero’s secret identity.

Oliver and Lois have a scene in his office and I honestly don’t know what to make of it. The writers believe in giving equal time to the eye candy and for the ladies they present Oliver working out shirtless. Undoubtedly, some of the audience may be distracted by the bare chest of the emerald archer but I’m wondering where in the hell did Zod’s symbol go? My only guess is Tess gave him the number to her plastic surgeon because the work is flawless.

I liked the flashback scene with Chloe because it shows what is driving his rage as he shattered that board with his fist. Lois enters his office to warn him about Godfrey’s bad intentions. I didn’t care for the verbal smack down masked in sarcasm he gave Lois about cutting and running then hurting someone before they can hurt you. I get that he is hurting from Chloe leaving but that was harsh. I was left wondering if the sarcastic tone was Oliver expressing how he felt about their breakup because she didn’t come back to him like she has with Clark.

Lois rightfully let it slide because she feels Oliver has bigger concerns to worry about. I had to laugh when Lois told him that Godfrey thinks she is the ex-girlfriend of Green Arrow. Her expression while Oliver is telling her he has been through this before is priceless.

Lois brings him back to reality and tells him that Godfrey has proof he is Green Arrow and can’t believe Oliver doesn’t seem to care. Her passionate speech about saving people from the shadows was matched by Oliver’s apathy towards it. Oliver has lost faith in himself and wonders if the price of keeping the secret is worth the cost he has paid. I liked that Lois challenged him to do something about it or she would.

Godfrey is sitting in his limo and what I liked about this scene was his intentions became clear. Metropolis isn’t big enough for him and he wants his publicist to book him on every media outlet so his message of doubt and fear can go global. He is no longer content with being the demagogue of Metropolis but wants to transform himself into the media messiah of the wavering souls. His explanation of planting a seed of doubt and watching it grow into everyone losing faith in each other was chilling. If the weak lose faith in faith and don’t believe in belief they become faithless. In essence, he is using the things that people fear as a weapon against them. Once they lose hope, they will follow him down a path of despair. His message was so scary it scared the publicist.

Meanwhile, Lois is in the front seat and hears the entire plan. You have to hand it to her; she has a bigger set of arrows in the quiver then Oliver does. Oliver might have become faithless but Lois believes in hope.

Clark’s next scene with Kara has me very interested because it’s shaping up to be a battle between Clark’s humanity and his heritage. For some reason Clark is brooding over his Father giving up on him. I can’t help but wonder if he has forgotten that Jonathon has always put his complete faith in Clark and that is where he needs to draw his strength from.

Kara flies in and shows Clark the key to the portal he can’t find. I don’t know what to make of their conversation because Kara is showing doubt in Clark. She warns him what is coming and tells him he isn’t ready because he still hasn’t mastered his abilities. I can’t believe she is tearing Clark down after witnessing all the good he has done on Earth. Jor-El must be pulling her strings and convinced her how much he has failed.

I’m hearing the superman music in the background which means something epic is about to happen and it didn’t disappoint. Clark looks hurt and asks her why she would rather put the world at risk and trust Jor-El then believe in him. It was a great scene for me because even though she is a Kryptonian who doesn’t make decisions based on emotion Clark was able to find a sliver of emotion and inspire her to believe in him.

They are standing on a windmill in the field and I’m hoping they don’t show Metropolis off in the distance because I think it’s only a stone’s throw away from Smallville. I liked that Kara was trying to teach him how to fly by getting him to clear his mind and focus on one thing. I’m thinking right away that a special someone’s heartbeat is going to be his focus and then he is going to soar like an eagle. I’m getting excited because this is the moment the entire k-site universe is waiting for and then it happens. He takes off and soars toward the clouds then we get interrupted by a scene from the Greatest American Hero as he falls back to Earth and crashes through the ceiling of the barn.

I have to admit I hoped this would be what his first flight would be like and I wasn’t disappointed. He is visibly upset about me laughing about it and Kara starts piling on that he’s not ready. Her doubt in him is growing which segues into her warning about the darkness that came to Earth three weeks ago. Clark pieces it together and now knows what happens.

They arrive at the Gargoyle building and Kara finally explains what the darkness is that is coming and what it is capable of. Jor-El has lost faith in Clark because he has embraced humanity and thinks it made him weak. I seem to remember Kara embracing humanity and he doesn’t seem concerned about her. Kara fears that Clark will become engulfed by the darkness and destroy the world because of his powers. I didn’t get the message of the scene because she is basically saying only a Kryptonian who has fully embraced their heritage can stop the darkness but wouldn’t the darkness feed on her doubt and fear about Clark destroying the world if he became infected?

Oliver is at a church where he has a conversation with his parent’s photo. This poor guy is so lost in his own darkness I thought he was apologizing to them because he was going to off himself. He instead apologizes because he failed to protect Chloe. I thought the dark music added to the scene really well.

Lois drives Godfrey to a fetish bar named Dasaads and gets an eye-opening experience when she walks through the doors. She quickly discovers he has a dark secret and becomes Stiletto 2.0 in order to get the flash drive in his pocket. She is really going the extra mile to protect Oliver and I must admit my jaw dropped to the ground when she walked down the steps.

I quickly recover and I’m impressed by the lengths Lois will go to in order to get what she was after. She exploited Godfrey’s weakness of kinky sex and lures him to a private area. It was funny when she was asked what her favorite tool was and she said a torque wrench. It should have tipped him off that she didn’t work there but I can’t blame the guy for being distracted by the outfit.

I liked that Lois bailed when the game became too dangerous and received assistance from two young women who happened to be walking by. She showed her ability to adapt and overcome because if he was easily distracted by one woman he sure as hell is going to be distracted by two. While Godfrey is lost in fantasy, Lois is taking pictures of his dark truth. I couldn’t believe she revealed herself but that’s show biz.

Godfrey knows he is about to be torn down and tries to buy her silence. I liked that her silence wasn’t for sale because you can’t put a price on protecting your friends. She showed she was of strong will and pure of heart because he couldn’t corrupt her with mind games. He could feel her unwavering faith in her hero and couldn’t plant that seed of doubt in her. She believes in hope and love and maybe that’s faith enough for her.

Clark and Kara go to Watchtower and I am shocked to learn that Clark can operate everything without Chloe or red-k. I liked that Kara admitted that Jor-El underestimated him and he didn’t even respond. I get the feeling that Jor-El might be dead to Clark and he is putting his faith in Jonathon to guide him from within.

It was good to see Clark and Kara working together to figure out who is hosting the darkness. Clark finds Godfrey on the news and figures he’s a good place to start. I couldn’t believe Clark used his hearing and picked up the differing speech pattern and figuring out that Godfrey is the host. Kara is using the Watchtower technology like it’s a primitive device and finds Godfrey on a security camera. Uh-Oh, Clark spots the driver and it turns out to be Lois and he is gone before Kara knows what happened.

Godfrey has Lois tied up in a contraption that reminds me of an old Batman episode where the knots get tighter every time you move. She once again is put in danger for believing in the heroes but this time it’s her belief in Oliver that gets her in this mess. I had to wonder if he was expecting Green Arrow or someone else.

Clark and Kara arrive at the Fetish Bar and I had to laugh at Clark’s comment about blending in. He finds Godfrey and the showdown is about to begin. I don’t think he wants to reveal his powers because he is not sure what he is dealing with yet. Godfrey knows that Clark is one of the heroes and begins with the mind games. Clark is listening to Godfrey talk about the doubt and the darkness and finally lost his temper and demands to know where Lois is.

Godfrey is going in for the kill talking about the darkness that Lex talked about a few weeks ago. He is seeing the doubt about Clark becoming the hero he wants to be and I’m yelling at my TV to remember your humanity makes you the hero you are destined to be. I can see the resolve in Clark’s face when he refuses to help Godfrey then gets the darkness unleashed on him. As it is circling him I thought for sure he was going to ignite it like he did to the sandman back in season four.

Kara gets there just in time and uses her bracelet to either absorb or repel the darkness that is swirling around. Kara looks scared that Clark was infected and he only says that Godfrey could see inside him. He hears a whimper and goes to save Lois without being seen. I liked that he stayed in the shadows while Kara made sure Lois was alright.

I liked the talk that Lois and Kara had because it gave Lois the chance to ask questions she can’t ask Clark yet. I thought Kara made a bad mistake when she talked about not having anyone holding her back because that is Lois’ biggest fear with Clark. Kara more than redeemed herself when she talked about seeing the person behind the powers which hit home with Lois. I thought her last line about a hero needing someone to come home to assured Lois she was making the right choice.

Lois and Clark have a nice scene in the Daily Planet. I liked that Clark is concerned that Lois went too far protecting the heroes and she told him she did it because it was the right thing to do. I’m thinking the power of Lois’ pen is going to be a great asset to the Blur in the near future. Once again Clark begins to doubt that he can be the hero the world needs and Lois is right there to support him. I liked that she told him that heroes are human in the sense that they face everyday problems like everyone else but she knows the Blur is different. Clark is waiting for an answer and she gives him the confidence boost he needs by telling him that the Blur is her hero and she knows he will always be there for her. Maybe he doesn’t need Jor-El with Lois and Jonathon having complete faith in him

I thought the final scene with Clark and Kara showed Clark why he needs a disguise before he goes public. It looks like Kara learned a lesson from Clark about staying in the shadows. I liked that Lois talking about heroes having everyday problems was confirmed by Kara. She offers up some advice about fear that is almost exactly what Jonathon told him about trials. This is the second time Clark has been told that how he handles those trials makes him the man he is and he needs to learn it.

I didn’t get her last line about leaving the darkness to her. Does she still believe Clark isn’t ready to fight the darkness and only she can stop it? She just admitted that she has flaws that could cause her to submit to the darkness and she is worried about Clark destroying the world? I liked that Clark was looking at his crest and a passerby wonders aloud if they put too much faith in vigilantes. Clark is in the battle of his life to win back the hearts and minds of the citizens and he is going to have to do what he does best. Prove everyone wrong.

Lois returns to Oliver’s office and hands him the only copy of the Green Arrow expose’. It looks like Lois is hurt by his lack of gratitude before he finally thanks her. I missed the conversation where Oliver told Lois why Chloe left and it was good that Oliver came clean. I liked that Oliver mentioned that Chloe left because the burden of keeping Oliver’s secret became too much for her. I liked the contrast of the cousins in that one knows she can draw strength from sharing her burden and the other crumbled under the weight of hers. I liked that Lois defended Chloe by insisting she needs time.

I liked that they gave us a comparison between Oliver and Clark and how they dealt with losing the woman they loved. They both lost faith in humanity but Clark chose to dedicate himself to fight for justice while Oliver sulks.

It was nice for Smallville to pay tribute to Ironman with Oliver announcing to the world that he is Green Arrow. Lois was understandably crushed because she knows he didn’t think this through. I can’t believe that he could be so selfish that he wouldn’t consider the danger he is putting everyone in who ever came in contact with him. I’m curious to see how this plays out in future episodes and I can’t wait for the conversation between Clark and him.

I felt bad for Lois because she didn’t get the story even though I don’t think she would want it. His press conference looked like it was tearing her apart because she was watching a once noble warrior who lost the will to fight.

Best Offscreen Moment: The hilarious conversation between Lois and the Editor about why Cat would be perfect to cover the Iditarod.

Offscreen Headscratcher: How did that hellacious Zod symbol get removed from Oliver’s chest with not so much as a scar left?

Rating: I’m giving this 8 Supergirl costumes out of 10
                          No wonder you used a clock as your avatar!
                          Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 02-12-2011, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• I thought this was gonna be SUPER, but it wasn't lol.
                            I love Kara, and this episode didn't make her any justice at all IMO.
                            The club scene was a little too much and Kara teaching Clark how to fly was hilarious.

Comment

• Kara returns after a two year absense and we're introduced to the VRA plotline. Neither of which were handled very good.

First we've got the VRA. It's an nonsensical plot. There are already laws against vigilantism. What would more likely cause concern, is that some of them (like Clark) has superpowers, which would reveal to the world that there really are people in the world with powers. The general public would be concerned about what these metahumans can do, not so much that some of them are acting as vigilantes. It should've been the metahuman registration act, but that might've been too close to the mutant registration from X-Men, leading to allegations that they are ripping off something from the X-Men.

Then there is the return of Kara. This was the first of two S10 appearances and she was handled badly in both. In this one, she does little more than put Clark down and goes on about how Jor-El has rejected him and chosen her to handle the darkness, which she tells Clark to leave to her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎