Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Oliver the weakest link in the series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smithy698
    Well, we will have to disagree. I happen to think that anyone who puts themselves in front of a bullet or arrow WITHOUT powers is pretty special. THAT'S real heroism - a HUMAN heroism.

I have to agree as well. Nicely put too btw

Comment

• Um no1 is saying it isn't heroism, go back to the last page and review what we are debating because I am not repeating myself again.

Comment

• Right off the bat- I've been a big fan of JH as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow since his introduction of S6. Although I think that in the series the execution of the character has been off several times IMO the good FAR out weighs the not so good. He is not the weakest weak.

The big thing that I've always liked about have Queen on the show is that for the first time Clark really has someone that he can talk to and feel that the person understands him b/c that other person is like him. Throughout the course of the series Clark really hasn't had a friend like that. Either we all knew that it was going to go seriously wrong- Lex Luthor, the friend was the second-banana type- Pete Ross, or there was a romantic/sexual tension- Chole, Lana, Lois, etc. That isn't the case with Queen. He's an Alpha and Clark's an Alpha. Granted GA isn't superpowered but he knows the dilemmas that Clark has to deal with by being who he is. They can understand each other.

All that stated my BIG gripe when it comes to Oliver Queen on SV is that the show hasn't played the friendship between Clark and Oliver the way I believe it should be. I have no problem with them having different opinions but so many times during the coure of the series they have Queen just slamming Clark and I don't think it makes sense or works. I didn't take the scene in "Shield" between Oliver and Clark in a negative light b/c I thought it was an honest disagreement between them.

All in all I think Oliver Queen brings a lot to the show and I wish they could really "mine" the potential that the character brings them. It should be a Superman-Batman vibe. And sometimes it gets close to that but more often than it should it falls short. BTW- I would watch a Green Arrow series in a heartbeat.

Comment

• So let see chole is gone let take oliver out and then tess i am sure the show would be somemuch fun clark an lois talking to them slef and then superman save lois form a pen oops clark not superman yet so wait min he those need other ppl to talk to oder them his enemy which we can take out too ..

i dont think oliver is week link hell i dont think any character on this show is week link they all braing deep understanding ( clark tence to take a little longer for some reason) to show and there diffrent point of view on each situtaion which make it intresting so imgaing no chole ,oliver ,tess or villian them it SHOW OF LNC an rem that cant happen yet cause clark not superman yet hell thoes anyone even know if clark is qualify jorunalist ....

look lois is lois clark is clark oliver is oliver tess is tess an chole is chole there all diffrent character which make show diffrent

no body a weekkink in SV cause with out each charatcer this show would not hae last 10 yr with just 2 characters....

so let see just try enjoy the epsoide sinice this is last season an just because u dint like a character that those not me somebody else dont we all have our own point of view and it because we all like diffrent character ON SV that has make it last 10yr no it that clark or lois or oliver or chole or tess or pete or lana or lex ormrs kent etc that alone make show enjoyment it all the charatcers

that came together an make SV possible..............

xxoo
          ONE OF THE FEW SV fan who like all charters as they are an the actress n actor who portray them
          Last edited by rehana/chole; 10-07-2010, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyanara
            Um no1 is saying it isn't heroism, go back to the last page and review what we are debating because I am not repeating myself again.
            First of all, two great posts above this one, which I entirely agree with.

Secondly, I have been responding to a comment which said "how pale the hero" is in comparison to a superhero, with reference to Oliver. Well, I'll say it again - there is nothing "pale" about putting yourself in front of a bullet, when you know that bullet could kill you. Call that being a hero, being a superhero, it doesn't really matter - it is something pretty special, and certainly not worthy of a casual dismissal as "pale."

Comment

• Originally posted by smithy698
              Well, we will have to disagree. I happen to think that anyone who puts themselves in front of a bullet or arrow WITHOUT powers is pretty special. THAT'S real heroism - a HUMAN heroism.
              Haven't they all in some form made the same sacrifices? Lois jumping into a glass roof to save Clark, equally Clark lethally infected by green k taking a bullet. He made life sacrifices with no powers, Salvation he sacrificed his life. Chloe literally exchanging her life for Lois's, putting herself at risk in bloodline it's like 2nd nature with these folks. They all have a basic need to act on instinct to protect using their selves as shields for another. Ollie has also done this, however, there's a contrast to heroic deeds, and that's his downfall resulting in murder, pumping himself with strengthening drugs, resulting in tossing lois onto a glass table, drugs, alcoholism. The murder of Lex, or his clone, was for the sin's of Lex's father, not that Lex had really done anything to Oliver. It was petty vengeance, his basic instincts no doubt heroic, but when he gets to thinking, like shooting Clark with an kryptonite arrow in the back, is not a heroic deed, it's cowardly and controlling. I think he's a tragic man, on the road to redemption, but heroic acts don't excuse his darker deeds. And I don't think it's meant to as he couldn't even believe in himself. He has that quality to be a hero, but, for know I still think he in the potential stage jmo But the emo stuff has to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by badraven
                Right off the bat- I've been a big fan of JH as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow since his introduction of S6. Although I think that in the series the execution of the character has been off several times IMO the good FAR out weighs the not so good. He is not the weakest weak.

The big thing that I've always liked about have Queen on the show is that for the first time Clark really has someone that he can talk to and feel that the person understands him b/c that other person is like him. Throughout the course of the series Clark really hasn't had a friend like that. Either we all knew that it was going to go seriously wrong- Lex Luthor, the friend was the second-banana type- Pete Ross, or there was a romantic/sexual tension- Chole, Lana, Lois, etc. That isn't the case with Queen. He's an Alpha and Clark's an Alpha. Granted GA isn't superpowered but he knows the dilemmas that Clark has to deal with by being who he is. They can understand each other.

All that stated my BIG gripe when it comes to Oliver Queen on SV is that the show hasn't played the friendship between Clark and Oliver the way I believe it should be. I have no problem with them having different opinions but so many times during the coure of the series they have Queen just slamming Clark and I don't think it makes sense or works. I didn't take the scene in "Shield" between Oliver and Clark in a negative light b/c I thought it was an honest disagreement between them.

oliver never really understood clark period, there is this notion that if someone is like you they will understand what u are going through, (like clark & ollie being both superheroes), but it not always true. people who u think are like u, do not always get u, oliver has shown many times he just doesnt get clark. they have been complete opposites, in terms of understanding, outside out clark's parents, chlow has been the best person who actually tried to get clark.

though oliver is the season's weakest link, he is not completely useless, he serves for comic relief , and the show needs a joker after Pete, Jimmy , but there is always lois, so he is pretty disposible.

Comment

• No, he is only the weakest link when tied to Chloe. On his own, he is a good foil for Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by kneel4justice
                    Totally! I love the fact that Oliver does this, I think it makes him a really good hero, I'm not taking anything away from Clark since he has powers its just it seems so much more risking and meaningful for someone w/o powers to try to save people, IMO of course. Thats one of the big reasons I like Oliver so much, as well as Chloe. They do what they can!
                    This I freakin love Oliver on the show

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎