No announcement yet.

Different opening credits used

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z-El
    If I remember correctly, I believe that an actor has to appear in at least 12 episodes in order to appear in the opening credits of a TV show (i.e. to be considered a "series regular"). From what I know, she's only appearing in 5-7 episodes (subject to change). I imagine they kept her in the opening credits of the season premiere either because, 1. The season premiere is (technically) Part 2 of the previous season's cliffhanger, or 2. To not spoil too much about where her story arc was going?
    Jimmy appears in 10 ep in S6, 11 in S7 and 11 in S8.
    Last weekend, Allison moved from NY to Vancouver to attend the Party and show her love to her fans and Smallville.
    Nice way to thank Allison and her fans.
    That producers keep saying they love Chloe and Allison, they prove it.
    They gave her only 5 minutes in her first episode. It's really rediculous and insulting to his fans.
    Last edited by BOUROUX; 10-01-2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BOUROUX
      Last weekend, Allison moved from NY to Vancouver to attend the Party and show her love to her fans and Smallville.
      They gave her only 5 minutes in 5 episodes of it will do. It's really rediculous and insulting to his fans.
      I think it speaks volumes that they included Allison/Chloe in the opening credits in "Lazarus" instead of simply listing her as a special guest star. They never did that before for any returning character that was not a series regular. I think that was a nice thing to do to honor her service and role on this series over the past 9-10 years.
      Last edited by Vergon6; 10-01-2010, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I think it was appropriate to not have AM in the credits. She is only going to appear in 5 episodes.

Comment

Guys this makes great sense... Alison is not a series regular this year.. she's only in 5 episodes. So If a viewer were to see last weeks credits... but no Chloe.. they would be confused and pissed off. So it makes sense that they did two different credits. They will use the one from last week, only when Alison Mack is on the show.

They did this years ago on the X Files when David Duchonvy only wanted to do half of his episodes in season 8. So they did one opening credit with him for episodes he was in, and one without him for episodes he wasn't in. This way the audience wouldn't be confused. Him having his own credits, means he was still an important member of the cast. Which is what Alison Mack is to Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
            I think it speaks volumes that they included Chloe in the opening credits in "Lazarus" instead of simply listing her as a special guest star. They never did that before for any returning character that was not a series regular. I think that was a nice thing to do to honor her service and role on this series over the past 9-10 years.
            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by onebighottie
              Guys this makes great sense... Alison is not a series regular this year.. she's only in 5 episodes. So If a viewer were to see last weeks credits... but no Chloe.. they would be confused and pissed off. So it makes sense that they did two different credits. They will use the one from last week, only when Alison Mack is on the show.

They did this years ago on the X Files when David Duchonvy only wanted to do half of his episodes in season 8. So they did one opening credit with him for episodes he was in, and one without him for episodes he wasn't in. This way the audience wouldn't be confused. Him having his own credits, means he was still an important member of the cast. Which is what Alison Mack is to Smallville.
              That's right, they did do that with David Duchovny on X-Files, that's a good point.

Comment

That's right, they did do that with David Duchovny on X-Files, that's a good point.
                Yeah, they couldn't put him in the credits for the last season while he appeared only in the final eps.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnR
                  Yeah, they couldn't put him in the credits for the last season while he appeared only in the final eps.
                  He also appeared in Season 8's opening credits in the few episodes he appeared there too.

Comment

Maybe since its the last season, they plan to change the opening credits per episode?
                    Or maybe use the one in "Lazarus" when Allison guest stars in an episode.
                    I hope we have Laura Vandervoort in the opening credits of "Supergirl"

Comment

Originally posted by AntiRellik
                      Maybe since its the last season, they plan to change the opening credits per episode?
                      Or maybe use the one in "Lazarus" when Allison guest stars in an episode.
                      I hope we have Laura Vandervoort in the opening credits of "Supergirl"
                      John Schneider didn't appear in the "Lazarus" credits though. So really I think they are just doing it especially to honor Allison's service on the show, being the only one other than Tom to appear in all 10 seasons.

Comment

they are just doing it especially to honor Allison's service on the show, being the only one other than Tom to appear in all 10 seasons.
                        I agree 100%. Basically, she's sort of being billed as a Special Guest Star without the tagline. They only do this sort of thing if it's a major character who is only in a limited number of episodes during the season. It really is sort of an honor, so to speak.

The only other time I can remember crediting like this was when Heather Locklear guest-starred on Melrose Place during Season 2. At that time, she joined the cast as a regular but got "Special Guest Star" billing that season and, actually, throughout the entire series's run since she became pretty much central to the show.

That's not to say that Chloe has become such, but since she's been a major character since the show's inception, it makes sense that she'd be included in the credits whenever she's in the episode.

I guarantee you that if and when Michael Rosenbaum decides to come back, he will probably not get a mention in the credits, but be billed as a "Special Guest Star." They also did this for Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour, Margot Kidder and Helen Slater.

It's just what they do when a character is important.
                        Last edited by Aries83; 10-01-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

On 7th Heaven, when every any of the children (like Jessica Beil) came back for an episode after they left the show, they were on the opening credits.

Comment

Originally posted by smallville84
                            Chloe did erase herself from existence.
                            Ha ha ha! You've got a good point there!

Comment

They gave her only 5 minutes in her first episode. It's really rediculous and insulting to his fans.
                              I was a little disappointed, but it wasn't that bad. It was more like a split second and then I moved on. I would have liked them to put the warrior scene or something at the end of Oliver's tag, but I don't think it means anything.

I think the fact that they put her in the first episode means more about how important she is to the show than this does. A lot more.

Comment

I do not see the advantage of this change because everyone was happy to see Allison in the credits.
                                I wasn't. And I know others who weren't. So, clearly, "everyone" wasn't.

I was surprised, as there were restrictions on these things, as I understood it. Given the new credits, perhaps there are.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Aries83
                                All they're doing is using an alternate opening whenever Chloe is NOT in the episode. Plain and simple.
                                Yeah, this makes sense to me. I'm more surprised why they're doing this for Mack when they DIDN'T do it for Kruek. People say it's an insult to Mack to have her out of the credits now. Isn't it an insult to KK that they're keeping Mack in the credits for her five, but they didn't do the same for Kruek?
                                Last edited by Jade4813; 10-02-2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎