Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different opening credits used

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starring Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Clark's Superpowers...

Comment

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
      SO Brian Peterson says the openings are expensive and he'd rather money be spent on effects yet they made two of them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-GwALcLQKM
      I think he meant brand new credit sequences. (I recall a lot of people asking for new ones, as in completely different.) This is re-edited, but it's not really "new".

Anyway, what they did tonight is not so uncommon for other shows. I remember Charmed did similar, using alternate edits when one of the contract players wasn't on. Soap operas do it as well, sometimes alternating on a daily basis depending on the size of the cast. Allison will likely be back in the credits in her episodes.

Comment

It has nothing to do with whether they want her in credits or not. The opening credits are governed by Screen Actors Guild rules and they cannot go against them.

Comment

they probably had this one so for the epiodes allison isnt in to be used.

Comment

SO Brian Peterson says the openings are expensive and he'd rather money be spent on effects yet they made two of them?

I think this is pretty cheep to do and put together by the editing department fairly quickly. It is getting the actors together for a new shoot that would be expensive.

Comment

If I remember correctly, I believe that an actor has to appear in at least 12 episodes in order to appear in the opening credits of a TV show (i.e. to be considered a "series regular"). From what I know, she's only appearing in 5-7 episodes (subject to change). I imagine they kept her in the opening credits of the season premiere either because, 1. The season premiere is (technically) Part 2 of the previous season's cliffhanger, or 2. To not spoil too much about where her story arc was going?

Comment

Originally posted by Z-El
                If I remember correctly, I believe that an actor has to appear in at least 12 episodes in order to appear in the opening credits of a TV show (i.e. to be considered a "series regular"). From what I know, she's only appearing in 5-7 episodes (subject to change). I imagine they kept her in the opening credits of the season premiere either because, 1. The season premiere is (technically) Part 2 of the previous season's cliffhanger, or 2. To not spoil too much about where her story arc was going?
                Exactly I agree with the bold from what I heard in the past,in order to be a regular in the credits. You have to be scheduled to appear in at least 13 episodes for the season,and as said in recent interviews. Allison Mack is only scheduled for 5 episodes not to mention as far back as Comic-Con 2010. It was said Allison will not be a regular in Season 10 so there is no reason.Why she would be in the credits for ten,the only logical explanation.

Is they assume the general audience doesn't read spoilers or don't want to spoil people. So if Allison automaticly was left out in the premiere credits it would tell everyone. 'Something happens to Chloe' which might get Chloe fans to switch to something else.As said by someone else on here in Season 8 when lana did five episodes. She wasn't in the credits and Allison was part of the show for nine years. So this would be no different so I strongly believe Allison will get the 'special guest star' label.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                  they probably had this one so for the epiodes allison isnt in to be used.
                  Exactly, although it kind of sucks but makes a little sense at the same time.

Edit: Using alternate credits when a recurring character isn't in the episode isn't that uncommon. I remember watching reruns of the 1960's Batman show and they used an alternate opening whenever Batgirl's character was in the episode. When she wasn't, the actress who played her wasn't mentioned in the credits.
                  Last edited by Aries83; 10-01-2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

That was for the actors' turn and pose shots, not the actual clips.

I FF'd...I'll have to rewatch. Darn.

Comment

There is not even a small scene of Chloe in all openning credit. It is as if the character no longer existed and had never existed.
                      If producers want the fans of Chloe is happy, they are not using the right method.
                      I do not see the advantage of this change because everyone was happy to see Allison in the credits.
                      They said that Chloe would be present in a certain way.
                      Make it disappear the generic is a big mistake.
                      Chloe fans are very disappointed.
                      Now the viewers think that Chloe left the series is likely to discourage many.

Comment

Originally posted by BOUROUX
                        There is not even a small scene of Chloe in all openning credit. It is as if the character no longer existed and had never existed.
                        If producers want the fans of Chloe is happy, they are not using the right method.
                        I do not see the advantage of this change because everyone was happy to see Allison in the credits.
                        Chloe did erase herself from existence.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                          I think this is pretty cheep to do and put together by the editing department fairly quickly. It is getting the actors together for a new shoot that would be expensive.
                          Right, and hence why they never reshot Erica for example after she was no longer using the blonde highlights in her hair.

Comment

Oh, please. This is a load of BS. All they're doing is using an alternate opening whenever Chloe is NOT in the episode. Plain and simple.

Comment

As I said in the other thread regarding this topic:-

It has nothing to do with whether they want her in credits or not. The opening credits are governed by Screen Actors Guild rules and they cannot go against them.

Comment

I'm a Chloe fan and I'm not disappointed. If they had her name in the credits for every episode, while she's doing only 5, people would still wonder why she is not around while still being in the credits. This isn't like how Erica or Aaron or John Glover used to be - they were in 12-13 episodes after all, while Allison is in only five. It really made sense that she wasn't in the credits even though she is still counted as a regular.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎