Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carter/Hawkman and Lois Lane

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother said hawkman was coming on to her but I didn't believe it. He was right...he was right!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
      My brother said hawkman was coming on to her but I didn't believe it. He was right...he was right!

he wasnt he hallucinated his wife where lois was

Comment

Shanks was excellent as Carter (thank heavens he didn't use the 'Bale voice'). Erica and Michael have amazing chemistry. But it felt odd that they were so open about Clark's secret when they both knew perfectly well that he isn't ready to share his secret with Lois yet and apparently still thinks she doesn't know (sigh). Not to mention Lois just started babbling about Clark in front of Carter a few moments after meeting him. It was a bit...unsettling. And that 'kiss' was absolutely unnecessary.

As a Hawkman fan, I was really bothered by the use of the name 'Shayera' for Hawkgirl. The Golden Age Hawkgirl who is in a reincarnation cycle with Hawkman for millenia was/is Shiera, not Shayera! Shayera was the Thanagarian version. Now it wouldn't have been a big deal if they hadn't shown the name in writing since they are both pronounced the same. But they just had to go there. :| On top of that, the note was dated 1824 and yet mentioned 'Carter' and 'Shayera (Shiera)'. That makes no sense. That was over a century before their lives in the 20th century and they should have had different names. They don't have the same names each life. Unless they are saying that Hawkman has been living his current life for nearly 200 years!
        Last edited by Exedore; 10-01-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingrid
          Did anyone else really enjoy their scenes together? I loved their chemistry.

I did! They had amazing chemistry!

I also loved how how Carter just plain and simple told her that he knew she was talking about Clark. Anybody else would have tried to help her while pretending not to know she was talking about Clark, even though it would have been obvious. Also, anybody else would have just beat around the bush and said something like don't pressure him, just wait for him to tell you... blah blah blah. But Carter bluntly told Lois what if you're exactly what he needs?

I would have prefered that he did not kiss her but I'm not mad at him. He was caught up in the story of him and his wife. After all he did apologize which I'm glad for, he did not want to find out what Clark would do to him, and Lois forgave him. =D I think Carter and Lois would make a good pair, not romantically but as friends, like i said they have great chemistry! I hope we get them together in a scene again.

Comment

This star crossed lovers, your the one he needs thing was coming on a little strong. Looks like the writers want to tell rather than show and continuing down their route of everyone is on the CLois train from Maxima to Jimmy to Hawkman.

Comment

I liked the scenes and he was just getting caught up in the vision of his wife.

Comment

What is with Lois allowing him to get that close to her in the first place? He was invading her personal space but she didn't even do anything about it until their lips touched. I don't understand why nobody on this show ever stops the act before it happens. You could see it from a mile away that he was going in for the kiss but Lois just let it happen.
                Maybe now some people will ease up on Clark for letting Zatanna get too close.

Comment

She can handle her liquor though.
                  She wasn't infamous in collesge for nothing. It was mention that she could beat frat guys under the table with shots.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                    Maybe now some people will ease up on Clark for letting Zatanna get too close.
                    I don't know, Bev. I tried to say the poor guy was oblivious to Z's flirting and really was caught up in thinking about the role of a superhero while attending the convention but it seemed to me like no one believed me. Plus being ensorcelled.

Lois definitely had it easier-she had a discussion over shots. And she's the woman, so she could act the offended female and slap Carter. But Clark's not about to hit Zatanna, even if she wronged him with magic and a kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                      I don't know, Bev. I tried to say the poor guy was oblivious to Z's flirting and really was caught up in thinking about the role of a superhero while attending the convention but it seemed to me like no one believed me. Plus being ensorcelled.

Lois definitely had it easier-she had a discussion over shots. And she's the woman, so she could act the offended female and slap Carter. But Clark's not about to hit Zatanna, even if she wronged him with magic and a kiss.
                      To me, Clark was acting like he always had around women, naive to a woman's wiles.

I'm not sure about Lois since she can hold her liquor so I don't think that's it. Maybe she got caught up in the story and before she realized it he was in her space.

I do know Clark confessed Zatanna kissed him and Lois is going to shove Carter's almost kiss under the rug and not tell Clark.

Comment

To me, Clark was acting like he always had around women, naive to a woman's wiles.

I'm not sure about Lois since she can hold her liquor so I don't think that's it. Maybe she got caught up in the story and before she realized it he was in her space.

I do know Clark confessed Zatanna kissed him and Lois is going to shove Carter's almost kiss under the rug and not tell Clark.
                        Zatanna kissed Clark when he and Lois were a couple, Carter thought he was kissing his wife and Lois slapped him as soon as her went for the lips when she and Clark were broken up. So why should she mentioned it?

Comment

While watching the scene where Carter tried to kiss Lois I thought they were trying to say Lois is Carter's wife reincarnated.

Comment

Originally posted by jbshmdfb
                            Zatanna kissed Clark when he and Lois were a couple, Carter thought he was kissing his wife and Lois slapped him as soon as her went for the lips when she and Clark were broken up. So why should she mentioned it?
                            I'm not blaming Carter. He wasn't thinking straight, but he thinks Clark will be upset with him so there still must be some guilt even though he didn't seem in control. If it is okay because Lois isn't a couple with Clark, why would Carter act so guilty and want to hide it? Maybe Lois should have stepped back before he was close enough to reach her lips.

Comment

I'm not blaming Carter. He wasn't thinking straight, but he thinks Clark will be upset with him so there still must be some guilt even though he didn't seem in control. If it is okay because Lois isn't a couple with Clark, why would Carter act so guilty and want to hide it? Maybe Lois should have stepped back before he was close enough to reach her lips.
                              He feels guilty because Clark sent him to look after her not kiss her. Any guy who value his friend would not make a move on his ex especially one that he knows the friend is still in love with. The poor guy had no control over the vision but he did do something wrong without meaning to. As for Lois, maybe she didn't think a friend of Clark who is pushing for her to get back with him would make a move on her, it's not like he gave her a candle show to make a move, the whole time the guy was trying to get her to go back to Clark. Her fast slap was enough to tell me she didn't welcome it.

Comment

we also have to remember that none of us saw on what was going on with Lois when Carter was walking in, and it's most likely she was getting weirded out when carter was getting closer, and judging by her fast reaction to the kiss, which was more like a peck on the lips because she moved away so fast, i'd say that it was something that literally caught her off guard.

Lois knows that her lips only enjoy one man's lips in the universe..: Clark Kent.
                                Last edited by herolee10; 10-02-2010, 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎