No announcement yet.

Carter/Hawkman and Lois Lane

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herolee10
    we also have to remember that none of us saw on what was going on with Lois when Carter was walking in, and it's most likely she was getting weirded out when carter was getting closer, and judging by her fast reaction to the kiss, which was more like a peck on the lips because she moved away so fast, i'd say that it was something that literally caught her off guard.

Lois knows that her lips only enjoy one man's lips in the universe..: Clark Kent.
    true, to be honest if Clark had been in the same situation and was kissed by Zatanna when she was having a vision and he was not in a relationship with Lois I would not have had a problem with it. Difference is Zatanna wanted Clark and made it obvious when he already was with Lois, Carter had a vision of his wife while trying to get Lois to go back to Clark when she and Clark were apart. To blame either Carter or Lois for the almost kiss is strange to me when neither were in a committed relationship and neither wanted to kiss each other. And as for telling, if say Cat had kissed Clark impulsively as a thank you and Clark couldn't have stopped it, I don't think he would owe any explanation to Lois either, they are apart plain and simple.
    Last edited by jbshmdfb; 10-02-2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
      we also have to remember that none of us saw on what was going on with Lois when Carter was walking in, and it's most likely she was getting weirded out when carter was getting closer, and judging by her fast reaction to the kiss, which was more like a peck on the lips because she moved away so fast, i'd say that it was something that literally caught her off guard.

Lois knows that her lips only enjoy one man's lips in the universe..: Clark Kent.
      AMEN!

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by jbshmdfb
      true, to be honest if Clark had been in the same situation and was kissed by Zatanna when she was having a vision and he was not in a relationship with Lois I would not have had a problem with it. Difference is Zatanna wanted Clark and made it obvious when he already was with Lois, Carter had a vision of his wife while trying to get Lois to go back to Clark when she and Clark were apart. To blame either Carter or Lois for the almost kiss is strange to me when neither were in a committed relationship and neither wanted to kiss each other. And as for telling, if say Cat had kissed Clark impulsively as a thank you and Clark couldn't have stopped it, I don't think he would owe any explanation to Lois either, they are apart plain and simple.
      Exactly. Once again we are mixing oranges and apples. Lois and Clark aren't dating. Does that make the Carter incident acceptable? No, and she slapped him, so that was that. However, she slapped him because he was invading her space and forced a kiss on her and not because she is dating Clark and it would be rude to him (and her together as a couple).

Lois isn't dating Clark and doesn't owe him any kind of reporting on what happens between her and Carter. If she tells him, fine, if she doesn't, still fine.

But to compare what happened between Cater having a vision and unwillingly kissing Lois, who is currently single, to Zatanna willfully trying to seduce (and sexually force herself on Clark by drugging him with magic) while he is in a relationship with Lois is ridiculous. Not to mention that we didn't even SEE the kiss between Lois and Cater while we not only saw the kiss between Clark and Zatanna but we also saw her straddling him and being overtly sexual.

Again, apples and disgusting oranges.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Exedore
      Erica and Michael have amazing chemistry. But it felt odd that they were so open about Clark's secret
      Frankly, it felt as odd as it felt to continually have Lois out of the loop on the whole secret thing for the past two years. I feel she should have known and all of this should have been out in the open and yet time again she was neglected that opportunity and all of that felt odd (and forced).

Now getting that opposite felt odd (and ridiculous) but at least it felt right, like finally Lois can talk about Clark and his powers and his 'other' life.

when they both knew perfectly well that he isn't ready to share his secret with Lois yet and apparently still thinks she doesn't know (sigh).
      The scene could have been written better, no doubt, but the scene we were given, as thin as it was, still made sense.

Lois does not directly say she knows Clark's secret but alludes to it. Carter is astute enough to connect the dots of her 'what if' story and realizes she knows the secret. Once he knows this, there is no reason for him to keep up the facade himself, what would be the point? So, he asks if she knows about Clark. Then Lois realizes that Carter knows, and now the cat really is out of the bag so why should she still keep pretending?

They acted like two people who both knew a secret and normally wouldn't have spoken the secret but upon realizing they both knew it already decided to talk open and freely about it.

So, the writing itself, again very thin, but solid. I don't think you can accuse either Carter or Lois of having loose lips because they only discussed the matter openly once they had perceived the other knew.
      Last edited by Candice; 10-02-2010, 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Best Lois episode in a while. I'll say since season 7. A lot of yakking about Clark but she was fiesty and funny. I think pairing her up with someone who doesn't give a damn about her drama because he's got his own worked very well.

Comment

Honestly, we absolutely needed to know what does Lois think about Clark and the superpowers and how is she dealing with it and it was rather nice to see Lois being finally able to ask these questions aloud rather then bottling them up. Personally, I think Hawkman was ideal choice of confidante, because he is a leader of a superhero group, he is, while smartass, wise enough and he has experience he can share with Lois and put her on the right track. And he was the one who basically told her "yea yea, I know its Clark you are talking about, no need to continue the "what if/maybe charade"

Comment

question

hawkman comments on a poet named Nichi (no idea how this is spelled) any idea the full name of Nichi is?

Comment

Originally posted by Faby
              He was not hitting on Lois, he was seeing someone else. His dead wife maybe?
              Yeah, didn't he say that he is supposed to start seeing her in visions when he was nearing the time of his death or something.

The dude was hallucinating, and he was also a bit drunk.
              For one scary moment there, I thought they were insinuating that Lois was Shayera's reincarnation...

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by sjlott
              hawkman comments on a poet named Nichi (no idea how this is spelled) any idea the full name of Nichi is?
              Friedrich Nietzsche. 19th century German philosopher. His book, "Beyond Good and Evil" has been referenced numerous times throughout Smallville's history.
              Last edited by Kneel before Zod; 10-02-2010, 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by batlanternarrow
                (added to better understand after title change) "Hawkman talking about star crossed lovers"
                Is that to much
                Or was it a reference to S4 Lucy end barn scene?

Comment

Love Shanks and Durance chemistry now more than ever since they play lovers on Saving Hope and are engaged so committed to each other now I wished they had a real kiss on this episode Lois was not with Clark anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎