Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Shield"

Talk about the episode's special effects!

Deadshot bullet

It went through the reflecters is that cool or what

Comment

The car explosion was freakin' AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Yeah, the car explosion for sure! I never get tired of super speed, etc., but it's always nice to see something different!

Comment

i thought deadshots weapons were good effects. Then the car expoloison was good too. Also those tags were interesting.

Comment

This episode's effects blow the effects of "Lazarus" out of the water. They were cool and exciting. My mouth dropped open with the car explosion. They really did an amazing job.

The only effect I didn't like much (but wasn't enough to take away from my enjoyment of the scene) was the final shot of Clark standing on top of the Daily Planet. It was just a little too obvious that most of that shot, the building, was CG. But whatever, I still loved the end and I loved the effects of the episode.

Hopefully, as Kara will be back next week, we'll have some good shots of her flying. For the most part they did really well with her flying scenes in S7 (and the one in S8), but they also had more money back then. Most of the flight effects in S9 weren't that great, so here's hoping we get some good ones in the next episode.

Comment

The car explosion might be one of the neatest scenes in the shows history. Very cool. But, I shrieked at the final scene. Eek.

Comment

I thought the effects were overall really good. Loved the bullet going through everything to the car engine. Reminded me a bit of the end of Wanted. I liked the scene when Clark saved Cat too though I missed the blur vibration wave things behind him but that's a minor complaint . Yeah the end shot did seem very obvious CG but I still think it looked cool

Comment

The bullet and car explosion were very well done, some of the best effects of the series.

Comment

yea even with their limited budget they still pull off some good stuff on a tv budget.

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty cool, but Deadshot was boring!

Comment

Excellent car explosion. The bullet with Clark and the marking were very good.

Comment

Other than the totally fake Land Rover at the top of the episode...those SFX were amazing tonight.

Comment

I *loved* the scene with the bullet going through everything and hitting that ugly car...lol. It was amazing.

Comment

The hole car scene, Explosion and all!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎