Quotes from "Shield"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that this was the best quote on this episode. I've heard that philosophy before and it reminded me again on this episode. Life is now. Live in the now.

Originally posted by Steve-El
    Carter Hall: You know, the philosopher Nietzsche believed we shouldn't live for the future, but for the present. He thought that people who chased after some far-off future dream were really running away from their true destiny.
    Lois Lane: Yeah, well, Nietzsche can call me a chicken if he wants, but he has never dated someone like Clark Kent.
    Carter Hall: It wouldn't have mattered. To him, the true hero was the person who embraced the life that he or she was given and made it better. He called that person "ubermensch."
    Lois Lane: A Superman.
    Carter Hall: Nietzsche believed we could all be one. In our own way.

Comment

Lois: I really hope this story is worth it, because so far my dream assignment is turning into a Thousand and One Arabian nightmares.

Oliver: Chloe's gone.
      Tess: Well, you've been with her for five months, right? Sounds like things are right on schedule.

Clark: You wanna tell me what you got caught up in? Someone did just try to kill you.
      Cat: I was valedictorian. I mean, trust me, nobody wants to kill a valedictorian.

Rick Flag: You should be thanking me. I just handed you the hit of a lifetime.
      Deadshot: Why would I thank you for something fate gave me? Somewhere out there, we all got a bullet with our name on it.

Tess: I guess our target was never after Hello Kitty.

Cat: Why are you doing this to me? I didn't do anything.
      Deadshot: Funny thing about fate. You can't outrun it. Either it's your day or it's not, sweet pea.
      Cat: Please, no. My son... he's just two years old. I'm all he's got.
      Deadshot: Trust me. He'll get over you. Three or four years, he won't even remember your face. People about to die always think that that special loved one won't be able to go on without 'em. But the truth is, that person just finds someone else to love. Everyone is replaceable.
      Cat: I used to think everyone could be saved. Even those superhero freaks. But now I realize... some people are just born dead.

Cat: People need to see someone's heart to believe in them. We need to be inspired by people who stand out in the light. Not people who shrink into the shadows. We need a good old American hero: red, white, and blue. Or at least red and blue.

Deadshot: It's about time.
      Plastique: I'm sorry. What's redneck for "bite me"?

Comment

Tess: You're not going to like anyone sitting in Lois' chair.

And ah Lois.

I was raised by a very grounded four star general who believed in what you can see, touch, blow up.... you look up and realize the guy sitting across from you is Ra...

One minute you know you know what you know and the next you realize you don't really know anything but you want to know everything.

Comment

Carter Hall: This is going to require something stronger than tea.

Comment

*This might not be exact*
            Carter's text to Clark: "Lois Lane is safe. You owe me big time."

Comment

Carter: "She was there all along but he didn't recognize her because the time wasn't right. He needed to wait because it made their love stronger and their kiss that much sweeter."

Favorite line of the season so far because of the perfect parallel to Lois/Clark. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Superman
                Carter: "She was there all along but he didn't recognize her because the time wasn't right. He needed to wait because it made their love stronger and their kiss that much sweeter."

Favorite line of the season so far because of the perfect parallel to Lois/Clark. =)
                Totally agree. It doesn't get that much more accurate when describing Lois and Clark's relationship on Smallville.

Comment

Carter's txt: Lois Lane is safe. You owe me big time.
                  Lois: I get that the Egyptians were big on the afterlife but burying your pet bird. Someone needs therapy.

Carter: That is the sun god Ra bringer of light and life. He was reverred.

Lois: He has the head of a parakeet.
                  Lois: A god reborn with the sun.
                  Cat: Why would anyone want to kill me?
                  Clark: *rolls eyes*

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Mrs. Superman

That was one of my fav lines too
                  Last edited by angie_casas; 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Cat Grant: My granddaddy always told me seatbelts save lives.

The expression on her face was just hilarious and then the car explodes.

Comment

Originally posted by IvanDA
                      Lois: "How can he stand driving in a car, when they move so much slower than he does? That would drive me crazy!"
                      Lmao this was one of my favorites! Most of Lois' lines were amazing. Lol

Comment

Why don't you ask Clark

Originally posted by IvanDA
                        Lois: "How can he stand driving in a car, when they move so much slower than he does? That would drive me crazy!"
                        My favorite was Carter's response to that (while handling her "Something stronger than tea."),

"Why don't you ask Clark?"

The look on her face with that line. I just loved the huge amount of information that passed between them, and the massive shock value of that line.

I try to imagine what went through Lois' mind in that second.

He knows.
                        He knows that I know, he knows that Clark doesn't know that I know.
                        Just how many people know?
                        How big a hero is Clark that someone in Egypt knows who he is?
                        How is it that so many people know and I don't?

I don't think any single line in any episode has had a much shock value as that one.

Comment

Originally posted by CynDLou26
                          After Carter kisses Lois:

"Try that again, and the next thing kissing your lips will be my fists."
                          Gotta love Erica's delivery.
                          I so love that line!

Comment

Lois: "It's just... You can live your whole life without any proof of something, like a-a God or... whatever.. and then one day you look up and realize the guy sitting across from you is... Ra!"

That scene really makes me laugh
                            I liked whole this Africa storyline and Cat&Clark had some good quotes as well

Comment

Originally posted by F..l
                              I liked whole this Africa storyline and Cat&Clark had some good quotes as well
                              I personally thought Cat should have been a regular, I thought the character added a bit to every episode she was in.

Sure she might have been annoying but annoying in an entertaining way

Comment

I am not sure if is a good idea to make Cat a regular cast in every episode, I think, that she would be definitely annoying
                                But I know what you mean..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎