View Poll Results: What was the biggest "Oh give me a break!" moment for you?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clark can beat a bullet from miles away, yet isn't fast enough to get to Chloe.

14 6.97%
  • Lex just happens to randomly know about Lois and Clark, despite being "dead" for years.

23 11.44%
  • Jor-El spends ten years preparing Clark to be a hero, then randomly changes his mind.

57 28.36%
  • Lex has basically become a mad scientist.

2 1.00%
  • Oh look, another organization hunting aliens...

3 1.49%
  • Clark somehow surives an impossible fall, despite being "human" at the time

32 15.92%
  • Lois decides to leave Clark to let him be a hero (haven't we seen this before?)

9 4.48%
  • "Lex" somehow orchestrates this crazy situation, despite escaping merely a couple hours earlier

8 3.98%
  • Other

9 4.48%
  • I hated all of these moments.

44 21.89%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by She-ra View Post
    While things will never "fall in line with reality" as we know it, the show should strive to have things "fall in line" with the internal reality it has created. That is the difference between bad writing and good writing... it is about details... I am not talking techno-babel here... I am talking about the writers just ignoring important elements.
    Very well said. Just because the show is a "fantasy" show doesn't mean that the storylines don't have to make sense within the show's own universe. It completely ruins the story, which is the reason we all watch the show correct?

MOD EDITTiny plotholes are one thing, major inconsistencies to the point where the storylines make no sense is something else.

MOD EDIT
    Last edited by Vergon6; 09-28-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Violation of Rule #10, 13

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    The only wtf moment for me was jor-el saying he was going to leave Clark in the freaky abyss.

Other then that the rest wasn't surprising and not that hard to figure what happened.

Lex was spying seen in requiem. We know he's not dead, regardless of what the Clones says. Because him knowing about Lois proves Lex is alive and spying in some capacity, or someone in that cadmus group is feeding information. Pandora rings a bell, which makes me suspect Hamiltion who's part of cadmus. Then we have issues, like toyman, metallo, the military, Hamilton's gotta be a spy too. Maybe it was Granny even who targeted tess, and is the likely person to have dropped her off at cadmus. I believe Lex was in a comatose state and was brought out by granny, or Darkseid since we saw the manifestation, which doesn't seem like a gradual into at all lol

And Lois leaving for Africa was because of her previous convictions of why the Blur shouldn't tell her who he is, Lex clone took her down from her high saying her death will break him. I think she just needs time to think. Most of these folks are allowing other's to influence their decisions. Lex being mad scientist is canon, and has been consistent through SV. Military is connected likely with checkmate, and we know of cadmus, likely Hamilton's role.

And Clark falling and not dying despite Blue-k reversing kryptonian properties, it's happened so many times, last season to Odyssey, stabbed in the heart with an arrow. lol it's just routine at this point.
    The bolded, I have to say, of ALL the things in the ep that maybe made me scratch my head, that one was a real clunker. I agree with everything else...not sure on the Hamilton spying thing. Although I do remember reading somewhere on this forum about Emil going to the bad guys for a while.

The only other thing about this episode was that the transitions were so odd and choppy that it took me out of the tension and excitement. And I watched sans commercials.

Same, and also the benefit of a doubt they did cut some scenes out for time, Clark's initial reaction to Johnathan for one
    I think this happens for most episodes. Some scenes like Alia being a Kryptonian experiment so she had powers in the red and yellow sun for example is on the cutting room floor. I wish they would show more of these cut scenes on the season DVDs.

jorel didnt just randomly change his mind, clark almost killed clone lex as clark got angry

jorel doesnt want clark getting emotionally involved in situations

"marthas miscarriage, not getting the stones cause he wanted to live a human life, resurrecting lana and creating lara"

so really 9 years of jorel has actually been consistent

I guess the messed up Lex knew Clark was fast, just he didn't think he was that fast. I don't think that's a big wtf moment, just that the Lex clone under estimated Clarks powers.

What is Rosenbaum doing now instead of Smallville anyway? I mean jeez, he spent 6-7 years on a show, why not come back for the last season so they can finish it on a high note..

What I really want to know, is how in the world did the Lex Clone paint such a perfect "S" on Lois' ribbed tank top, presumeably whilst she still had it on? He must have some mad paint by number skills to do that...

MOD NOTE: Please do not engage in fan-on-fan talk of any kind. If someone is calling out a fan or fans for complaining or anything else, do NOT respond. Simply report them. Engaging in fan-on-fan talk or responding to fan-on-fan talk is against forum rules

i voted for Jor-El but there are many others that i wanted like Clark's survival...

Forum Regular
    How about Clark talking about coming "back from the dead" like it's a new experience. This is at least the third time.
    Also think what happened with the fall was stupid. The cliffhanger was "Clark is falling from a skyscraper while blue kryptonite is making him human. How can he possibly survive this?!" The answer "He hit the ground, almost dies, then gets the dagger puller out of him" Not satisfying at all.
    Overall, quite a poor follow-up to one of the show's best season finales.
    Last edited by BIGBMH; 09-27-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    What I really want to know, is how in the world did the Lex Clone paint such a perfect "S" on Lois' ribbed tank top, presumeably whilst she still had it on? He must have some mad paint by number skills to do that...
    lex implanted an art program in the memory banks. Apparently before dying, evil Lex.6 was a prison artist in the Cadmus clone labs. They say his Lex, Monalisa is just uncanny! In his cell there are dozens of S's drawn all over, and you can see where he crafted and honed into making the perfect print copy S. Much like the clones, it was a work-in-progress, there are some pretty bad random examples, wron shape and color etc. But the end result is what was seen on Lois's chest. Bless the boy, he looked like a rotten turd plucked from the garbage but he knew how to draw a S His death, not in vain!

Funny though that scene went exactly how I thought it would be, it makes me wonder what else...

I voted a human Clark surviving the fall.

But I have to say my biggest WTH moment was a working Jor-el console, which Zod just destroyed in the previous eppy. Clark never had time to fix it or work on it. Total bunk.

lex implanted an art program in the memory banks. Apparently before dying, evil Lex.6 was a prison artist in the Cadmus clone labs. They say his Lex, Monalisa is just uncanny! In his cell there are dozens of S's drawn all over, and you can see where he crafted and honed into making the perfect print copy S. Much like the clones, it was a work-in-progress, there are some pretty bad random examples, wron shape and color etc. But the end result is what was seen on Lois's chest. Bless the boy, he looked like a rotten turd plucked from the garbage but he knew how to draw a S His death, not in vain!

Funny though that scene went exactly how I thought it would be, it makes me wonder what else...

I shrugged away Clark's fall with "Hey, it's Smallville" (He cought Chloe falling from a dam 5 feet above the ground without killing her).

When I watched the episode I didn't register the impossibility of Lord Voldelex orchestrating all that in that amount of time.

But first Clark almost killing someone and then Jor-El dressing down Clark totally out of the blue really p*ssed me off! Clark has seen red before, but that was always in connection with someone threatening his loved ones, not making vague accusations of his past failures.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Doena View Post
    I shrugged away Clark's fall with "Hey, it's Smallville" (He cought Chloe falling from a dam 5 feet above the ground without killing her).

When I watched the episode I didn't register the impossibility of Lord Voldelex orchestrating all that in that amount of time.

But first Clark almost killing someone and then Jor-El dressing down Clark totally out of the blue really p*ssed me off! Clark has seen red before, but that was always in connection with someone threatening his loved ones, not making vague accusations of his past failures.
    This is why i suspect he was lying about Lex, he was sickly and where he got Lois was in the barn with a sneak attack. I think cadmus is in smallville somewhere. Perhaps he didn't act totally alone? However, it seems like metropolis is next door, or rather down the street

Clark was not and is not human. The blue kryptonite takes away super powers. Kryptonians are still virtually indestructable, just due to their physiology.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast