No announcement yet.

Sam and Hell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam and Hell

I didn't quite get this. When Dean died four months our time had gone by and then we found out that was the equivalent of 40 years in hell. Now, 1 year has gone by since Sam jumped in the hole with Lucifer, but Sam said that he's been out for a 1 year now hunting. So long did Sam spend in Hell? Is 5 minutes in a cage with Lucifer, like 100 years or so, because it seems Sam is emotionally distant.

Are there different hell dimensions like in Buffy and Angel.

if he was in hell say a day that would be about 6 months. give or take. so 5 minutes would probably be 2 and a half weeks.

Comment

I'm not sure whether this is based on classic works like Dante's Inferno or biblical mythology but in the Hellblazer comics I seem to remember one character sending another to hell as a form of interrogation. He would cast him down, wait five minutes and then bring him back, during which months or years would have passed for the one with info. Then when he still refused to answer questions (and this is why I referenced Dante) he was cast down into a deeper circle of hell, where the time difference was much greater.

If this is the model they go with, then the level Sam would have gone down to to be in Lucifers cage would have been the deepest of them all, so even a few minutes topside could have been hundreds of years down below.

If the time dilation Dean experienced is uniform, then I worked it out to be 120-1. 40 years to 4 months is 10 years to a month, which is 120 months to 1 month. So 120-1.

1 minute is 2 hours in hell, 1 hour is 5 full days, and so on.

Comment

We really don't know how long Sam was in hell for because Sam didn't want to talk about it. But it's clear that it had some effect on him whether that's just mental like Dean or if it's not even really the same Sam coming back. He kept making comments about how he doesn't care and even his facial expressions when Dean hugs him are off.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          if he was in hell say a day that would be about 6 months. give or take. so 5 minutes would probably be 2 and a half weeks.
          Sam probably had a rougher time than Dean, considering he was stuck in the cage with a major pissed Lucifer and michael.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎