Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mackenzie Gray's performance as Bad Clone Lex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a very good performance.I could easily think he was MR 20 years older
    Last edited by Superman4lois; 09-29-2010, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MethosII
      Didn't this guy also play the deformed son of Lex Luthor in Lois and Clark the New Adventures of Superman?
      Not the same guy

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
        I don't remember a deformed son of Lex in L&C. Do you know what season?
        It was in season 4 of the show

Comment

I kinda feel like he just fit the role the way Michael Rosenbaum did, but the dialogue was good and would probably have been more effective if the real Lex had returned.

Comment

I think he did a very good job. He was creepy looking though. Kinda scared me a bit. LOL

Comment

I think he did a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
                Maybe the genetic mutation only kicks in after he reaches a certain age...? I guess it's just one of those things...
                Lex lost his hair in the meteor shower, so basically he should have hair ...

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  All I could think about when I looked at him in every scene was this:

Mr. Mackenzie did remind me of and old black and white vampire movie too. I guess that not everyone looks good bald.

Comment

It is difficult to make the same impact Michael Rosenbaum made als Lex Luthor.
                    I don't think I will ever get used to another actor playing Lex Luthor (whether it's in a movie or a tv-series). For me Michael = Lex

So the actor didn't get much of a chance, I was frustrated when I saw him. I miss Michael

I voted "okay"

Comment

Rosenbaum's latest interview about smallville

October 8th interview with Michael Rosenbaum about Smallville

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I wish they didn't kill him off after one episode. Having him to stick around for a few more episodes would of been nice.

Comment

I thought he was excellent, great job!

Comment

Late reply, but I just joined.

As a lot of other people noted, Gray does a great job of impersonating Michael Rosenbaum's Lex. Body language, vocal cadence, it's a solid impersonation, and he's very believable as Lex as 50+. More than that though, I found he also did something I figured he wouldn't be able to: make Lx-3 a character in his own right, while still doing his MR impression. He played a Lex who was more or less MR's version without the nice guy facade. I remember watching and thinking, "that darkness inside Lex he was always being warned about? I think this is what it looked like."

To avoid putting too fine a point on it, I was very impressed. He created a great new villain, referenced Rosenbaum, and creeped the heck out of me, and did it all in what, fifteen minutes screen time? That's pretty damn good. I'm with the people who wished he could have stuck around a little longer.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎