Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Wish they could have brought back Sam and Dean's father!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish they could have brought back Sam and Dean's father!

The whole episode you had people popping up, back from the dead, and I kept hoping that by the end of the episode somehow John Winchester would show up.

But instead we get Grandpa and the cousins.

Yeah I wished they did show John Winchester as well.

Comment

While that would have been awesome the creators have said Jeffrey Dean Morgan (the guy who plays their dad) is pretty big time now and he's got a lot of stuff going on and he just couldn't fit a return to Supernatural on his plate. So I'm guessing originally they probably wanted to bring him back too but just weren't able to arrange it with his schedule.

Comment

As the above poster said, they can't get the actor back. I'm sure if they could he would've been on this season instead of grandpa.
        That being said, I don't really care. John was a terrible father imo..
        But they should've thought up better characters for this season. The cousins are terrible, I don't know if it's the acting or knowing that they're hiding something. Don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman_Prime
          The whole episode you had people popping up, back from the dead, and I kept hoping that by the end of the episode somehow John Winchester would show up.

But instead we get Grandpa and the cousins.
          That would be great, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a busy guy.
          I heard that he was open to the possibility of returning, but I wouldn't expect to see him back anytime soon.

If he does return, it will probably only be for an episode or two.

Comment

I've always missed John too, thought they killed him off WAY too early. And I disagree with Lisa that he was a terrible father. Given the extraordinary and tragic circumstances, he did a decent job.

Something about these fathers named John/Johnathan just dooms them to early demise.

Comment

IF JDM wasn't such a huge star, I bet bringing back John Winchester would have been the first thing to come to the minds of Eric and Sera.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎