No announcement yet.

Quit bringing old stars back: move on

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atomic girl
    I was really touched by Jonathan coming back. It reminded me of why I LOVED the first few seasons. I don't think bringing Jonathan back was the problem, I think killing him off was the big problem.
    If they only had killed L***, the show would've been so much better without that awful season 7!!

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
      Jonathan and Lex just remind me of the tortured delay in Clark's maturation process.
      Actually, Clark on the show was ahead of schedule.

The John Byrne rebooted Clark Kent became Superman at 25 (source: The Man of Steel #1).

Clark Kent on Lois & Clark had his legal birthday as February 28, 1966 (source: "Never on Sunday") and became Superman in 1993, making him 27 at the time.

Donnerverse Clark Kent became Superman at 30.

DCEU Clark Kent became Superman at 33.

The George Reeves version was shown to be celebrating his 25th birthday, some time prior to becoming Superman.

Based on information in "Hidden", "Aqua" and "Oracle", Clark's legal birthday is May 3, 1987. He becomes Superman in the spring of 2011, making him barely 24 at the time. If one counts the "Blur years" (which in-universe historians would), he was 21 when he made his public debut. Either way, he becomes Superman quicker than most other incarnations. It just feels longer, because the show starts when he's 14, while the others skipped ahead. If the other cited versions had started at 14 and shown his journey towards becoming Superman, it would've taken:

John Byrne and George Reeves Clark Kent: 11 years.

Lois & Clark Clark Kent: 13 years.

Donnerverse Clark Kent: 16 years.

DCEU Clark Kent: 19 years.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 10-04-2018, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎