No announcement yet.

Campbell Family

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campbell Family

So what did you all think of the Campbell family?

I'm not sure I like them...I need to know what their ulterior motives are before I decide though. Wonder what they are up to and why they are keeping Sam, and now Dean, in the dark???

definitely something creepy with those guys

Comment

I agree they're hiding something & are probably working against the Winchesters. I was hoping they'd have the uncle who was mentioned as setting up Mary's grave back in Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things appear in this episode. It would be cool if that uncle shows up alive & to have been working on Azazel's behalf.

Comment

I think there was too many character introduced in the premiere. They didn't have any time to give them any personality or anything else. Can't really judge since they were just thrown in. Though I can definitely see them possibly betraying and hurting Sam & Dean.

Honestly I really don't like them. There were too many characters to be able do anything with them imo.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenArrow11
          I think there was too many character introduced in the premiere. They didn't have any time to give them any personality or anything else. Can't really judge since they were just thrown in. Though I can definitely see them possibly betraying and hurting Sam & Dean.

Honestly I really don't like them. There were too many characters to be able do anything with them imo.
          I totally agree with this! I would have liked it better had they not been introduced so soon. I would have liked just Sam/Dean/Bobby in the premiere. As it is, we still know almost nothing about them.

Like I said, I guess I will withhold judgement, but something tells me Dean, and hopefully Sam, won't contine to see eye to eye with them.

Comment

There is definitely something going down with the whole Campbell's deal. Biggest outstanding question; did they say how Sam met up with Samuel and the Campbells, or just did after being resurrected? Or even how Samuel found the cousins after he got "dropped" from Heaven??

Next biggest question(s); I, along with Dean, was like "who?!" when introduced to all the cousins and also, "I thought all of mom's relatives were gone?".

Another good question is why capture and take the Djinn's vengeance seeking daughter instead of just offing her, and keeping the Winchesters out of the loop while doing it?

I agree with the comment about "too many people introduced at once". Shoulda kept it to just Gramps Samuel for the premiere and introduced the others either as indivduals gradually or devoted one of the first few eps to the 3 younger Campbells. Mighta been harder to capture the Djinn daughter with no help, but doable. This almost felt like a Smallville premiere; devoting a good amount of time to wrapping up from last season finale and then not enough time left to deal with the introduced plot(s) for the new season, thus not having the time to really flesh anything out.

And while it was just one ep so far, I gotta say that even though I favored the idea of "family" out there for the boys, I could now do without altogether. Samuel was way too laid back and removed & the cousins were all arrogantly sarcastic A-holes.
            Last edited by SVfan26; 09-24-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I don't know, these Campbell members seem kinda 'random' to me. Like "Hey, we have distant family members even though we were told that there was no one alive from Mary's side..." (excluding the uncle mentioned in season two who buried Mary??)

For a family they seem kind of bleak right now. I don't fully trust them...

Comment

The cousins were just plain weird. I can't see those people being related to Sam and Dean at all. (With the exception of grandpa; and even he seemed a little off in this episode o_0)

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                  The cousins were just plain weird. I can't see those people being related to Sam and Dean at all. (With the exception of grandpa; and even he seemed a little off in this episode o_0)
                  Yeah I agree that the cousins were weird how do we know that they are who they say they are. I guess time will tell.

Comment

At the end of the episode the Grandpa gave a weird look like he was evil so maybe he is a demon.

Comment

The whole lets get out of here before they get back bothered me. They're deffinatley hidding something.

Comment

Yeah, I thought there was something off about the Campbells. The cousins were forgettable, but Grandpa Campbell seemed off. I think there is something not quite right about him.
                        Last edited by DruVamp; 09-25-2010, 05:07 PM. Reason: further post is speculation

Comment

Am I the only one that found it creepy that the female cousin seemed to hit on Dean? Even though they are distantly related, it's creeptastic.

Originally posted by SVfan26
                          the cousins were all arrogantly sarcastic A-holes.
                          Well they ARE related to Sam and Dean.. must be genetic, lol. In a good way in regards to Sam and Dean of course.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                            Well they ARE related to Sam and Dean.. must be genetic, lol. In a good way in regards to Sam and Dean of course.
                            Sometimes I am terrible about articulating what I truly want to say, so maybe I should have said it differently. But I meant that even though Dean (& Sam) could be that way in the past, these people were just outright unfunny jerks. Well, at least the female one and Christian.

Loved Dean throwing it back in Christian's face; "... it's almost like, you know, I'm a professional or something."

Comment

There's definitely something fishy about them, but wouldn't Sam have tested them in every known way to him. Maybe they are working for an Angel?

I loved to see Mitch Pilleggi again, I miss the X Files.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎