Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Clark showing too much pride?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who cares what jor-el has to say now? He's dead. Clark shouldn't be worrying about what his dead father has to say now. It's not like he raised him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadToad
      I absolutely HATE when this show creates a scenario where there is no perfect answer, and Clark does the very best he can do in the situation, and somehow something shows up to slap him in the head and tell him how wrong and stupid he was. I don't understand how thats good writing, or storytelling, or even entertaining. I really don't. 9 years of this stuff, and I find it exhausting and defeating and downright depressing.
      Originally posted by Dominicus
      Agreed. It is depressing, it was supposed to humble, but it came out very hurtful.

I LOVE it when any show does it. I can form my own opinions of right and wrong, good and bad, moral and not moral. Superman having to pay the price for his convictions is certainly nothing new. If living up to Superman's standards were easy, we would all be Superman....at least on the inside. Only Clark can do it and even he has to pay a price for it.

Readers/viewers can make up their own minds about whether or not Clark made the best choice. That's precisely why threads like this exist in the first place. It's precisely why it's good writing. We can agree with the choices made, or not, but none of us are "Meh". I love it when writers assume the audience is smart. We don't need to be spoon fed what THEY THINK the perfect answer is.

Last edited by cksidekick; 09-30-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Clark is not proud at all.
        If this really was Jor-El talking then he certainly lost my sympathy.

I hope it will turn out that the fortress was manipulated by "a dark force".

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎