It's about damn time!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicus
    I didn't write it, that's what Peterson said
    Sorry. I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking what Jor el said and how he said it to Clark. I can't presume to understand the writing or what the intent was. I am only responding to how and what I heard Jor el say. Not what the writers might have intended.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lady Di
    One can hope.
    Yeah, how awful was Jor el telling Clark "I didn't give you back your life"? (Someone else did, but who? Was he referring to Lois? Or something other? ) Like he was saying, "You've screwed up so badly that I would have left you dead, you dirtbag". And Clark is no dirtbag! What a way to motivate one's child! Tantamount to saying, "I'd rather you be dead than standing here alive and well because I don't think you have done enough or have worked hard enough or sacrificed enough. All the while thinking "I wish I wasn't dead. I'd certainly do everything better than you have done. I wouldn't have made the mistakes you have made".

Yep, the JK approach to parentlng is likely to produce better adjusted kids. and more productive adults. Jor el's approach? Eh maybe likely to produce psychopaths. Just kidding...sort of.
    Last edited by Dor el; 09-27-2010, 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by Dor el
      Sorry. I wasn't attacking you. I was attacking what Jor el said and how he said it to Clark. I can't presume to understand the writing or what the intent was. I am only responding to how and what I heard Jor el say. Not what the writers might have intended.
      It's okay I completely understand and from the latest tweet I think more infuriation with the writers is warranted if not done right.

Comment

• Jor-El reminded me of Lionel
        Jonathan gave the so maniest version of "I'm proud of you son"

Clark should no longer need a father's guidance. He must be his own man !

Comment

• Originally posted by Tzvi
          Jonathan Kent for the win.

He actually cares about Clark. Jor-El, or should I say the "digitized" memories of Jor-El is too cold and uncaring.

Jor-El may be his father, but Jonathan is his dad.
          Clark needs both men. One for his human side, and the other for his true self. Nether man understands the other, but they both play important roles in Clark's life.

Comment

• The fortress Jor-el is a tool,Jor-el in real life is a great guy.....lol.

Comment

• I'm a bit stuck with this one because Jonathan knows about Clark's emotions and knows what Clark wants to hear, and therefore tries to adapt his advice to suit his manner. Jor-El, however, speaks the blunt and honest truth, but I feel all in all, they deliver the same message, in one sense or another. A said by Thomas above, the AI delivers message in a colder, blunt, matter-of-fact fashion, whereas the real Jor-El, had he been alive, would have probably spoken to Clark with the same compassion and understanding(relevant for that time) as the holographic projection shown in "Abandoned", which would also be a suitable way to deliver advice on his progress.

All in all, though his methods are harsher, colder and obviously not humane (since he is an emotionless machine transmitting the will and thoughts of the real man), I personally feel that Jor-El is better and more suited to the role of providing advice to Clark because he knows exactly what Clark is; Jor-El is omniescent in this form (even still the real Kryptonian was very clever) and has answers for everything if Clark had the initiative and the mental strength to bother asking the right questions instead of stalling to push on with fulfilling his destiny.

Despite this, it is known that Jonathan has always represented Clark's moral compass in his conscience, even after his death. In fact, after spilling out all these thoughts, I can't make my mind up anymore lol. In the end, I think that they both represent different important things in Clark's life, despite being father figures, and they cannot necessarily always be compared.
              Last edited by Commander Son-El; 12-30-2010, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎