Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex clone (all discussion merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm wondering who is running Cadmus Lab since Lex has been dead for a couple of years from the truck explosion. Someone is still making Lex clones since Alex said some grow too fast. This person could also know about Lois and Clark and downloaded the info into the bad clone Lex. Maybe it is Grannie Goodness since she took Tess from the hospital and brought her to the lab. Maybe Grannie has also been taking care of Alex. Grannie would give a connection to Darkseid. I love the mystery that goes with this season's baddies.

Comment

• Originally posted by borednow
      Well if he was in the house he would see, Martha isn't living there, something like that isn't hard to tell. He'd also see that Clark's Lana shrine has been replaced with pictures of Clark and Lois as a happy couple, no one else is getting new pictures up. So Lex must have figured anyone who could replace Lana in Clark's heart must have one hell of a hold on the man.
      Originally posted by borednow
      What part of my post was who he was living with??? Other than that Martha isn't living there? The Lois stuff I clearly pointed out even though she is not living with him. He replaced his Lana shrine with pics of him and Lois. Lex knew how he felt about Lana. It's not hard to get how he felt about Lois from her being good enough to get the Lana shrine down!

P.S. I liked Maxima saying Lois and Clark had a connection.
      you will notice the bolded part

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowBird
        I'm wondering who is running Cadmus Lab since Lex has been dead for a couple of years from the truck explosion. Someone is still making Lex clones since Alex said some grow too fast. This person could also know about Lois and Clark and downloaded the info into the bad clone Lex. Maybe it is Grannie Goodness since she took Tess from the hospital and brought her to the lab. Maybe Grannie has also been taking care of Alex. Grannie would give a connection to Darkseid. I love the mystery that goes with this season's baddies.
        I think Darkseid's minions may have taken over Cadmus and turned it into the Evil Factory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drakaun
          I don't know why people immediately jump onto the plot hole bandwagon in regards to Clark and Lois. It was stated by someone else on here that Lex had a bunch of recording equipment stashed at the Kent Farm hence how he was able to see the Doomsday footage at the wedding of Chloe and Jimmy. At the same wedding Clark almost kissed Lois until Lana showed up. Lex was watching this whole thing. Being a 12th level intellect or whatever he is in the comics, don't you think he can pick up on clues if Clark has an attraction to someone based on his voyeur footage? Who knows how many hours of video footage Lex watched from his "batcave" At that same Wedding didn't Lois and Oliver have a conversation mentioning Clark's name and affections too. Lex could have easily overheard them. Again he is a genius I think he can pick up subtle clues more so than a regular human being.
          just because sum1 on the forum says lex seen a vid doesnt mean lex was seeing it with his own cams, there was a vid taken of the entire wedding, thats the vid lex seen

but really lex knowing about clois is all offscreen again, doesnt matter how much people try to put logic into it, not many people like offscreen and i for 1 didnt like it in this ep

Originally posted by Drakaun
          Also as a whole Clark's greatest weakness in Lex's mind is that he cares too much, and because he cares so much for his friends and those he cares about that will be his undoing, hence his greatest weakness.
          thats fine why didnt he include the others to really give clark a tough choice/time, its simple TPTB are making lex know too much without having anything to back it up hence showing us

Comment

• The clones were made from "older" bald Lex's DNA and therefore would still carry the genetic material that caused Lex to go bald to begin with - the meteor shower.

I love how they "brought" Lex back in this one.
            Last edited by Atomic girl; 09-27-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
              you will notice the bolded part
              Accept you ignored the rest of what I said where I admitted that yes I talked about Martha not living at home but that wasn't my whole post.

Comment

• Originally posted by borednow
                Accept you ignored the rest of what I said where I admitted that yes I talked about Martha not living at home but that wasn't my whole post.
                in the end it doesnt matter who or whats in that house or barn, shelby could have been in there for all i care tearing the place apart due to sheer boredom

but anyway you werent the only 1 i quoted so i dont get the defensiveness

Comment

• I thought the actor did a good job channeling an older Lex

Comment

• Could it be possible that Alexander could grow up to become evil Lex!

Comment

but the problem is even if you state an infinite amount of reasons as to how lex knew it doesnt make up for the fact we didnt get shown prior, had we seen him find out sooner the line would be more believable, people hated maxima saying that clois had a connection, yet its ok to excuse lex knowing

theres a reason why offscreen is hated so much and this proves it
                      Yes, we were shown Lex spying on their lives at the end of "Bride". It's not a plothole, and it has not just been rationalized as something that took place "offscreen". They showed us a glimpse of what he's been up to, while off screen, at the end of that episode. Make the connection.

Originally posted by ClubXerxes
                      I think the actor who played Lex Clone looked alot like the Doctor from the episode Cyborg...Alistair Kreig?
                      That's because it is the same actor. Very nice memory you must have.. I found this out when I tried to google an interview for the actor that played the older Lex (Mackenzie Gray), just to see if we could hear what it was like for him to fill in for the role. I couldn't find any interviews with him about playing old Lex, but sure enough, he also played Dr.Kreig in the episode of Cyborg in season 5. I grabbed a screenshot of him sharing a scene with Rosenbaum's Lex. Very funny how no one noticed this in this entire thread, except you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mightymouse
                        Yes, we were shown Lex spying on their lives at the end of "Bride". It's not a plothole, and it has not just been rationalized as something that took place "offscreen". They showed us a glimpse of what he's been up to, while off screen, at the end of that episode. Make the connection.
                        its funny how you mentioned bride like its meant to show a vital connection to clois, the lex that exploded in the van seen clana together after bride so that makes this bride statement useless

come back with a better arguement

Comment

its funny how you mentioned bride like its meant to show a vital connection to clois, the lex that exploded in the van seen clana together after bride so that makes this bride statement useless

come back with a better arguement
                          You have no way of knowing if the Lex that exploded in the van (or even if there was a Lex in the van) was the same Lex watching the video.
                          Also, my statement is not meant to show a vital connection to clois. Why would it have to be a "vital connection"? It illustrates the fact that he is always watching.. Lex keeps tabs..

Watch Season 8 episode 12 "Bulletproof".. It's revealed that Lex has a neurotransmitter in Tess Mercer's head and he can see everything she sees. If after seeing that, you still don't get that Lex is clearly monitoring these people, despite being out of their lives as a physical presence, then all you have to blame is your own inability to put two and two together, and not some plot hole of convenience..
                          Last edited by Mightymouse; 09-30-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• There can be dozen reasons how the Lex-clone knew, but I wouldn't call it a plot-hole anyways just yet, cause we can get an answer in a few episodes!

Comment

• Late post, I know. I'm new though. Yay!

On how Lx-3 (Old Lex, yeah I'm one of those freaks who uses the official name) knew about Lois and Clark, I'm going with the simple explanation that others have suggested: he saw the pictures of her in the barn, realised she was important, and grabbed her. As for the why is he bald thing, well who knows. Could be genetic damage from the shower. Could be damage from Lex's quickie cloning process. Could be that Lex would have gone bald naturally after getting older.

On the subject of the "knowing Lois is Clark's true love thing"...I think a lot of people are forgetting that Lx-3 hasn't planned this out for months in advance like the real Lex. He's flying by the seat of his pants. He's got a couple of days before he dies and wants to give Clark one final "screw you." So he goes to the farm. He would have grabbed anyone he found there: Martha, Chloe, Lois, anybody. The whole "her death will break you" thing? At the end of the day, that doesn't have to be true. It was probably just standard supervillain dialogue, as a dying bad guy taunts his nemesis for the last time. Or he realised from Clark's reaction to the "I have the woman you love" bit just how important she was and improved the line.

Lx-3's purpose was to hurt Clark. The fact that he managed to grab the person most important to him was just icing on the cake.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎