Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen Names: How'd you come up with yours?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um...you know now that I think about it...my names kind of stupid...
    The names of the first two characters I ever came up with for original fiction were Delilah and Angel (cut me some slack- I was like- 10, lol). So when I got into Smallville, started writing fic for it, and joined Ksite, I just used them as my username.
    Now I guess I like it because its a bit of an oxymoron. Delilah was a biblical seductress and an angel is supposed to be pure and holy and all that.
    Or maybe Ive just convinced myself of that because I really dont feel like changing it.
    Either way...

Comment

I'm in the Society for Creative Anachronism, which is a medieval re-enactment group. If you're really curious about the SCA, it's offical website is www.sca.org.

My persona's name is Beatrix of Tanet, so when I was looking for a screen name for K-site, I picked Thanet, which is what the isle is called now. Except that the isle silted in around the late 1700's so now it's just a part of England.

And no, I'm not in the UK, I'm in Iowa. Calontir, by SCA's map.

(what? you want simple? not here, go look somewhere else. )

Comment

A Rose by any other name.....

You have to realize that I began reading and collecting comics WHEN I WAS 4 YRS OLD, cuz the boy next door who I played with brought the first comic book I'd ever seen over one day and told me he was COLLECTING them, because his Dad told him SOMEDAY THEY'D BE WORTH A LOT OF MONEY!

I said, "Mommy, can I collect comic books, too?!!" {little Rose etta jumped up and down animatedly in her pink sundress}, and began amassing the whole Superman/DC group + the Scrooge McDuck/Disney group. This began at the end of the 50's, when "Truth, Justice and the American way" was a pure ideal (yes, there really was such a time, my little cynical snickerers).

Let's just say that I grew up utterly imbued with the entire Superman ethos. So, the emotion was deep for me to hear Clark finally utter his name, "Kal-El", after Dr. Swann so kindly connected him to his heritage -- well, to me it's the finest single spoken word in the whole series.

Hence, Rose etta, in honor of that ep plus showing that I'm a girl.

Comment

I'm afraid I'm not very original with my name.

It's the name I've been using on forums and the Internet in general for years.

It also happens to be my first name (Shaun) and last name (Ewing). The lowercase and lack of spaces comes habit and the way usernames once had to be. I decided to break away from the 3rd username criteria - <= 8 characters

-Shaun

Comment

Mine isn't my real name, and it's pronounced 'Cyan'.
            It's the name of a character I use in a lot of my writings, and a bit of a play on words.

Sian = Cyan (blue)
            Raven = Bird

Sian Raven = blue bird.

But where I got it from, I have no idea. My old net name was Mmy, which I got from a licence plate.

Comment

My name is my old nickname that my family gave when when i was about 2! i figured it was a good enough username on the net.

Comment

I was thinking about flying and the only way I could ever fly is if I had a magic carpet... or something. Hehe I guess I just came up with my name pretty randomly.

Comment

I'm not very original either. My name is just my initials.

Comment

Originally posted by LovesMissKreuk
                    My name kinda says it all but if you REALLY don't get it then uh...i guess you could ask me
                    Same goes for me. It is self explanatory!!! I am the biggest Kristin Kreuk fan there is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thanet
                      I'm in the Society for Creative Anachronism, which is a medieval re-enactment group. If you're really curious about the SCA, it's offical website is www.sca.org.

My persona's name is Beatrix of Tanet, so when I was looking for a screen name for K-site, I picked Thanet, which is what the isle is called now. Except that the isle silted in around the late 1700's so now it's just a part of England.

And no, I'm not in the UK, I'm in Iowa. Calontir, by SCA's map.

(what? you want simple? not here, go look somewhere else. )
                      Iowa? I'm in Iowa too! Okay, so this isn't a screen name post...I already did that.

I've always liked the name Annabeth, so I named my dog that. Does that count as a name post?

Anyhoo....

Comment

Sullivan = Chloe Sullivan from "Smallville"
                        Lane = Lois Lane from Superman and Lane Kim from "Gilmore Girls"

I used to have my initials as my screen name but as I'm getting married next year, my initials will change. (I'm dropping my middle name altogether and scootching my last name to my middle name.)

I've had various other usernames as well:

KBoogie24 = I used to really be into Lauryn Hill, whose nickname in the Fugees was L-Boogie. K is my first initial.
                        Kat5107 = Kat and the 5107 looks like Lois if you turn it upside down.
                        LnCRocks = when I was into Lois & Clark.
                        KatCuzDog = an inside joke from high school.
                        KMP = my initials.

Comment

it just came to me

Comment

Originally posted by Fortress_Keeper
                            I've always liked the name Annabeth, so I named my dog that. Does that count as a name post?
                            No. But you get points for effort.

Comment

Awh! Huffy! Share your name's genesis! I love that story.

Comment

Originally posted by JollyCynic
                                Awh! Huffy! Share your name's genesis! I love that story.
                                Hee! Okay.

The story basically goes as such; I was camping with friends a few years ago and I was the only one who could light the fire. Hehe. So everyone else used to try to put it out on purpose, to annoy me, or put it out when they were adding wood to it.

So they ended up calling themselves the Slayerettes, because we were all Buffy fans and they kept 'slaying' the fire with 'stakes'. I gave up (lighting the fire) after a few days because it was getting annoying to have to re-light the fire when they'd deliberately put it out, so instead I ruined their attempts to light fires by blowing out their matches before they could get it near the wood. So they called me Huffy and I was slaying the Campfire. So I've kind of stuck with it as a humourous screenname ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎