Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects of "Lazarus"

Talk about the special effects of this episode here!

I bet they will be awesome, the always go all out on the premiers.

Comment

yea they sure do, and from the globe preview scene i am sure we are in for some wicked sfx shots tonight.

Comment

The special effects are what made the show IMO. Clark running to get to the planet was magnificently done. The show would've crumbled if not for them.

Comment

I agree with "shanemak". If it wasn't for the special effects, it would be "SUPER" boring.

Comment

They were ok... but the lighting was off when he caught the Daily Planet globe. It looked to be night time, but as soon as he caught it and took it back up to the top of the building, the sun came out. ?????

Comment

loved the globe catching scene, clark's super speed scene. The putting out the fire scene. Also the mist form of darkseid forming a look of read darkseid.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neill
                They were ok... but the lighting was off when he caught the Daily Planet globe. It looked to be night time, but as soon as he caught it and took it back up to the top of the building, the sun came out. ?????
                It was definitely supposed to do that. It was sunrise. If you pause, you can see the sun just barely peeping above horizon in the background when clark and the globe fly past the camera. Then when he lands, the light is now shining down on the city and the street brightens up.

Comment

Special effects were pretty great I loved the super speeding from Clark, the whirlwind he made with his speed while rescuing Lois(I was hoping he'd blow the fire out but hey ) The whole globe rescue scene was AMAZING. I also thought the whole afterlife/limbo place looked very cool.

Comment

A+

I thought they did an exceptional job on this episode.

Comment

...Clark's superspeed-

First off, I REALLY WISH i could get a cahnce to see into how entity FX Does superspeed in these later seasons- they are THE TOP FX ...and theo nly thing that comes close was the Matrix...

anyway, they still have got it- they justneed a big budget. YOU HEAR ME WARNER BROS? CW? Yea, You

In this ep, they emphasizzed his long dashing speed, but when he got in close, he wasnt moving TOO fast- he wasn't pushign himself when he walked thru the fire, although then he speed up and put it out ..Oh, the fire wasn't frozen in time on the approach- it was moving slowly, which i found odd- either a budget issue, or simply a choice nto to use his highest speed, to better show the effect.

Not the first time they've done a WELL shown fire-snuff out, nice to see them do it again.

The speed to jump thing was funny- the leap on the car was perfect, the dash up to it was allright(lol, they didnt show too much of the enviroment that time)

...er, the superspeed"thrust" he kicked in to push the globe up was sort of hard to see...

i'll ignore the plot issue of how he goes from somewhat lightspeed- to faster to slow enough that people can suddenly see him raise the globe- eh, nevermind, they prob saw him appear right under the globe as it was rising- he didnt move the globe in superspeed mode. anyway, FX wise they nailed it.

So aside from some funny angles, I give them a A +.

I am hoping they do more, i really am a superspeed addict after watching SV all these years.

Oh, almost forgot- smoky darkseid was nice. I saw interview comments sayign he gets more solid within the next few eps- glad to know- but smoky seid was GOOD, FX wise.

cant get enough of Smallville's special effects- Superman Return's superspeed didn't even compare to it..

Comment

well he posseses gordon godfrey in supergirl according to spoilers. But hopefully he gets a real form by mid season.

Comment

Effects were awesome.......but I expected that. Premieres are allways full of top notch effects.

Comment

Hated it. Clark's speed+fire was cool, everything else was not worth mentioning, especially the Globe catching. Anyone remember in like s5 or maybe 6 when Clark saved a journalist also jumping over the car, everything in slow-mo? Now that was awesome. Plus it was an actual street with people, not one little set with 20 extras.

Comment

I can't say the effects impressed me in this episode. It was the smaller moments (as in effectless scenes) that made this epi. I didn't really like the effects with the Globe. The car he steps on looks quite fake and the people on the ground vanishing in the wide shots... ugh. But the putting out the fire in the field was okay.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎