Music in "Lazarus"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's exactly the problem. If it's intentional, then I guess we have yet to see how it's related...if it's just b/c Brian and Kelly liked it, as was hinted at when they talked about the network cut of the episode and having locked in the "perfect song", then that's just weird, IMO.

If music from a show or movie automatically takes you back to that moment in the movie or tv show, similar to how certain scents take you back to a specific memory, then that's a fail on their part. To me, even though I couldn't place where I'd heard it before, I didn't think it fit that part of the episode. IDK.

Comment

I loved hearing it "Veritas"- and again here in "Lazarus". Sure I was surprised to hear it again, but it worked amazingly well with the scenes.

Comment

I loved to hear the song again. It fitted! It's a great song and... they'll probably do this again. Not with this song but with other songs from the past.

Comment

You know, for some reason I was thinking the song was from "Requiem". D'oh it was from "Veritas". Thanks for reminding everyone. I knew it was familiar and that was associated with Lana and Clark, but I didn't remember the right moment lol

Comment

Originally posted by THEcrownsMINE
            It really bugged me when I heard the first notes of "One More Day." I downloaded the song after Veritas aired and have listened to it so much that when I saw it playing again in a different context it threw me off :/

i suppose it worked though
            I did the same! But I didn't listened that much. So, it still worked very well fo me.

Maybe after "One more Day", they'll use "Don't take your love away" from Vast

Comment

I didn't expect to hear that Vast song again. It was special to me.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by VilleFan
              yeah, it was VAST music from "Veritas" ... but it still worked in this context
              I think they did it on purpose. The whole episode has that nostalgic feel of the earlier seasons.
              Last edited by Mrs_TomWelling; 09-25-2010, 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yea, I immediately recognized the song when they played it and the episode that they played it in. Maybe some Brainiac foreshadowing?

Comment

I read comments about it ruining for people that they used the same song, but... how? I loved that scene with Lana and Clark where they used it before, but I loved it here too. It fitted and how it slowly faded out to nothing to the almost-last scene.

Anyway remember "Everytime" by Lifehouse. They used that bloody song three times in the first season. I like it, but three times and that in the same season? lol. jeiks!

In Jonathan and Clark's scene I kinda wished they had played that gorgeous melody from the end of "Vengeance". Would've been perfect.

Comment

Seems fitting to use old songs. The intro shots were from older seasons, the part where Lois was in the cornfield...very nostalgic. Hope they bring more songs from the past.

They just gotta include these:
                    Lyricss; You don't know what it's been likeMeeting someone like youYou don't know what it's been likeMeeting someone like youYou look like Jesus on an aeropl...

It's more fitting now (than S5 teaser for "Splinter") that Lois and Clark are together and Clark is almost Superman!!

Season 5 had good music (from "Arrival" ending with Brainiac...arriving.)

And...

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Kryptonite performed by 3 Doors Down.Follow 3 Doors DownInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/3doorsdownTwitter: htt...

Just so awesome song!!

Comment

This song by Vast just was amazing it made the Chloe and Oliver exchange songs even more heart breaking for me. Loved It. And it kind of foreshadowing I think with Oliver.

Comment

Maybe they are trying to save money in the budget and they had already paid the liscencing rights for that song. As long as they match the scenes, I have no problem with reusing music.

Comment

I think using that song signifies several things. Since it already has so much meaning with Lana and Clark's relationship, and with the pure evil of Brainiac, I think they placed it here to show partially the extreme struggle with Chloe and Oliver's relationship and current predicament, mirroring what Lana and Clark went through, and that Alexander may be a much greater threat then we(Tess) currently realize.

Comment

For me, the song worked. It fit the mood with Tess and miniLex and the scene with the Chloe/Oliver interchange.

I don't remember as much about the Lex/Lana scene but those strains definitely made me think of Lex. For some reason I also thought of Lois heading off with Jimmy after the tearful farewell to Clark, and find it really ironic that it's a goodbye scene with Chloe and Oliver, but since they're both hooded they just walk on by each other.

Comment

Dont suppose anyone knows the song during the near death experience at 3 minutes? Its an orchestral song, would love an itunes or something.

Comment

Originally posted by sunhelix
                                this song by vast just was amazing it made the chloe and oliver exchange songs even more heart breaking for me. Loved it. And it kind of foreshadowing i think with oliver.
                                ita :d

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎