Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Lazarus?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so happy lois finally found out!!!

Comment

• i think this is my favorite episode of smallville season 10 so far (the first 9 episodes). just a great episode all around.

Comment

• I enjoyed most of this episode. The faux Lex Luthor scenes were unintentionally funny. It's a pity that Tess survived. I really can't stand the character. Loony tunes or what!

Comment

• Lazarus was better than I expected as this continues to be Clark-centric. He was pulling a Superman moment when he saved both Lois and the people of Metropolis when he jump and then flew to catch the DP globe. We also saw the debuts of Darkseid as well as the suit in the Fortress. Most importantly was the return of Jonathan Kent as his scene with Clark that brought back something that was missing from the show since his demise back in the 5th season. The older Lex clone clearly has shades of MR in him as I'd rather have him as Lex if MR wasn't returning. Henderson and Whitehead have shined as writers for this season.

Comment

• I just rewatched the episode for the first time since it aired.

I still hate it. It's one of the (if not the) worst season opener of Smallville. The whole premise of the episode is based on "facts" that aren't true. Like Clakr never letting Lex forget that he saved him (Clark wanted nothing more than Lex letting go of the Porsche accident).

And Clark might have been angry a lot during season 9 and handled things not quite so supermanly but of all things pride was never one of the reasons.

And where's the Jor-El AI from Abyss and Echo? This AI has advocated killing for the greater good and now it's upset?

And even 16 episodes later it's still not clear what Jonathan was supposed to be.

It's just too bad that one cannot watch the episodes where Lois discovers the truth and fully enjoy them. It's more fun to watch Salvation+Shield than Salvation+Lazarus.

Comment

• Haven't posted here in a while. School has a way of doing that.

Missed season 9 and almost all of ten and am desperately trying to catch up in time for the finale.

Season 9 finale had me riveted.

This episode, this had me crying. When the song by Vast kicks in at the end, and then fades into Clark meeting his dad... the whole discussion between them had me in tears. The chance to see his dad again was heart touching.

Comment

• This is an amazing episode and a perfect start to what has unfortunately been a very disappointing season, it started off with Clark basically superman only to have the studio not go Jor-El's speech where he tells Clark "you cant wear the suit till the last minute and you have pride issues".

Comment

• Originally posted by geminis
                  Jeff, great stuff as always.

I'd be intrigued by some of your Offscreensville Chloe scenes in future reviews. Please don't hesitate to pepper them in.

As for Lois chucking the blue K dagger, well I've known people who've wanted to hurl offending items far far away from them. Lois may not have known that she'd allow Clark to heal, but I can see her wanting to put the blade out of eyesight.

I also kind of feel that Lois and Clark's kiss conversation wasn't awkward. Not like the first one they had when Chloe was in on it.

Wish I could be more verbose, but I haven't been feeling it lately.

In any case, I have to agree with Aaliya, I was left wanting more.
                  Originally posted by AgentChaos
                  So I finally got around to reading Jeff's awesome review. Two thumbs up! Much more entertaining than 90% of Lazarus.

Go for it!
                  Originally posted by Kryptochloe
                  Oh Jeff, you have no idea how much I missed your reviews about Smallville . I loved this one. And Im sorry you didn't get a Chlarky hug .
                  Oh my gosh! How did I miss these comments from way back when??? Soooooo sorry, friends... I didn't mean to ignore these... just like I also didn't mean to refrain from posting any more episode reviews. I had the best of intentions of doing so, but ended up so busy with school stuff, work stuff, and learning the ropes of being a new homeowner, all at once, and... well, I sort of forgot that I'd even reviewed this episode until I watched it again tonight, and then got curious as to whether anyone had read my review. Thanks for your compliments -- you three rock my socks off, Ann, AC, and Claudia!

Comment

• Originally posted by seglia001
                    This is an amazing episode and a perfect start to what has unfortunately been a very disappointing season, it started off with Clark basically superman only to have the studio not go Jor-El's speech where he tells Clark "you cant wear the suit till the last minute and you have pride issues".
                    Sums up S10 nicely.

"Lazarus" made me think the final season would be a Superman show. How wrong I was...

Comment

• I have MOD EDIT all the season of smallville and now I am so excited to watch final season!! This will be going to be Rock Man!!
                      Last edited by Vergon6; 09-22-2011, 12:24 PM. Reason: Rule #9-discussing downloading

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                        Sums up S10 nicely.

"Lazarus" made me think the final season would be a Superman show. How wrong I was...

This was never a show about Superman! The man in the elevator in Homecoming was Superman. This was the journey to that man. When are people going to get this?!

I thought Lazarus set the whole season up perfectly. It was an awesome season premiere!

Comment

• The show can't expect us to believe Smallville is just about Clark Kent when they introduce a superhero persona in S8. Later they take it even further by having Clark wear the Superman logo on his chest in S9. The Superman suit was introduced at the start of Season 10 instead at the end.

They raise audience expectations and never deliver, that's what Lazarus was. A brilliant episode and what followed turned into one of the worst seasons of the show.

Comment

• Nah he is Superman really from season 8 just not called that yet and still no one has seen his face because the early seasons were about him learning his origins but no matter what anyone says when he gets to the daily planet and starts a dual identity with the red blue blur he is Superman, honestly I don't believe he needed any more guidance it's just that the show kept going for another two years and he needed jor-el to tell him that he could always fly to fly lol.

For example, if season 8 was the last then the finale would have been the same, he would have got his final guidance from jor-el and somehow got the suit to take on and defeat doomsday or no doubt defeat doomsday then 10 seconds flying.

Comment

• It would've been funny and epic if Clark said this to the old, Lex clone, " Hey, I remember you from the time when you had hair and was about to operate on Victor Stone!" lol he's the same actor who was back in the season 5 episode, Cyborg.

Comment

• ^ It's funny, SV couldn't bare recast some of the main characters but they re-used extras on many occasions in more major roles.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by seglia001
                                For example, if season 8 was the last then the finale would have been the same, he would have got his final guidance from jor-el and somehow got the suit to take on and defeat doomsday or no doubt defeat doomsday then 10 seconds flying.
                                Had Season 8 been the last season with alterations to make a better ending etc. the show would have ended on a much higher note than it ended up doing.
                                Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 02-09-2012, 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎