Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Bad Moon Rising?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realized tonight had a full moon. I wonder if that was just a coincidence?

Comment

[QUOTE=Loulou26;6724309]I loved this episode.

Damon, ah, Damon. Well, I want to be like Elena, hating him for killing her brother but I just can't. I feel so bad for him when he's hurting.

Awww Loulou, I couldn´t agree more with you... I real love Damon coz I know deep inside he´s not evil or bad. He´s just a real hurt guy and I feel really sad when he´s hurting. Which, btw, it´s happening a lot (actually, all episodes of this new season Damos has been hurt in some way - by Katherine, Elena, Bonnie, etc...) and that´s really pissing me off!!!

Comment

I loved the episode! it was quite intense! VD needs a little more action. I'm loving the werewolves storyline.
        I'm not sure if the wolf was real or pure CGI, but if it was all CGI, it was pulled off awesomely.

Comment

the episode was good, but not the best so far.

The previews overhyped this episode.

The Caroline and Matt stuff was the focus of the episode and it was really boring.

The CW needs to setup their commercial breaks better. The first two segments of the show were like ten minutes each while the rest were maybe four or five minutes long. It slows the show down a lot and makes the last half of the show anti climatic, especially in a show like The Vampire Diaries where all the good stuff happens at the end.

I thought Tyler getting Mason to back off was unrealistic. Mason wasn't able to control himself when he transformed into a werewolf, wasn't able to control himself from attacking Stefan and Caroline, but somehow stopped himself when Tyler yelled at him?

@shanemak

Tyler didn't transform because he hasn't gone through the process fully, I think. Something has to trigger, probably an extreme amount of rage, for him to become a werewolf.

If the moonstone had something to do with it, then Mason would have known Tyler had it in his possession.

Courtney Ford guest starring was nice. She was an annoying character on Dexter though.

I expected Mason to kill Amy. Hopefully this character was a one-shot though, don't want her back.

Damon should stop pursuing Elena's friendship for now and go back to being a bad ass.
          Last edited by Dexter; 09-25-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiRellik
            I loved the episode! it was quite intense! VD needs a little more action. I'm loving the werewolves storyline.
            I'm not sure if the wolf was real or pure CGI, but if it was all CGI, it was pulled off awesomely.
            They used a CGI enhanced real wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
              t
              I expected Mason to kill Amy. Hopefully this character was a one-shot though, don't want her back.
              I don't know. I kinda hope they do something with Bonnie- either make her an unmistakable villain, or a hero. I'd take Amy over Bonnie anyday.

Damon should stop pursuing Elena's friendship for now and go back to being a bad ass.
              How 'bout it. Damon apologizing for the attempted murder of Jeremy was so unlike him. He is getting too soft, they need to restore his "I don't give a f***" attitude and fast.

Comment

I liked it. I was waiting to see how they would do the werewolf thing. That was just awesome! At least I wasn't disappointed. I can't wait to find out more about Mason and the family history. Should be interesting.

I kinda figured they'd make Caroline a ring. Caroline and Stefan....that was a seriously interesting spark there. Just sayin. Bonnie. UGH.

Finally, last but certainly not least, Damon. I love that they showed that he's not just a heartless bad boy, but that he does have feelings and moments of weakness. Not just with a look this time, but words to go with. Very good stuff.

Not as suspenseful as the first two, but still a good one to me. I gave it a 10

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                  They used a CGI enhanced real wolf.
                  I was thinking of that too after I did my post, a real wolf with his face edited and a few other effects. I liked the end result!

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                    I don't know.

How 'bout it. Damon apologizing for the attempted murder of Jeremy was so unlike him. He is getting too soft, they need to restore his "I don't give a f***" attitude and fast.
                    Agree with that but I think what they´re trying to show is that Damon is not a complete "bad ass". That he´s capable of feel and he DOES feel. I think we´ll find later why Damos has this evil attitude when it´s obious he´s not so evil s he wants everyone to think he is.

----- Added 13 Minutes later -----

[QUOTE=shayera2321;6728804]I liked it.

Finally, last but certainly not least, Damon. I love that they showed that he's not just a heartless bad boy, but that he does have feelings and moments of weakness. Not just with a look this time, but words to go with. Very good stuff.

Exactally what I think abt my beloved Damon. He´s not that bad and he has proved it a buncho of times (and no one seems to "want" to see it) lile when he took the arrow to save Elena or when he gave Catoline some of his blood in order to save her life (and notice that he asked for Elena´s permission before doing it on is own).

I´ve already said that in a thread of the 1st or 2nd ep of this new season: the Damon from the books is the "hero" of the whole story coz it´s him who´s always saving everybody´s lives (including Stefan´s) even if in the process he gets hurt or killed. At the same time his the Damon we all know: cocky, sardonic, strong, determined, agressive and evil (when he has tobe and it´s necessary), and, of course, handsome, charming and hot as hell.
                    Last edited by rej@ne; 09-26-2010, 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This show countines to impress me.

10/10. I am countinuing to love Caroline as a vampire.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                        Caroline did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong in this episode (except when she attacked Matt)
                        but he was acting like a whiney *** though out the whole episode!! I'm so sick of this guy.
                        He knows Caroline's personality, yet he keeps on acting like his little feelings were hurt when she finds some girl OBVIOUSLY flirting with her boyfriend. The guy is oblivious and getting VERY fricken annoying!
                        ^THIS. The funny thing is I'm not sure whether the show (ie. the writing) intended for us to actually be on Matt's side here.

Bonnie so concerned with making sure Caroline doesn't attack anyone, but wouldn't your first thought be to give her BOYFRIEND vervain to protect him??

Damon's feelings are hurt. Honey you admitted that you didn't see the ring and were intending to kill her brother/ or turn him. How does this make Elena just like Katherine because she won't forgive you days after it happened?
                        Ahh plot holes and absurdities, what would Diaries be without them eh? lol I also thought it was a dumb writing/directing decision to show Elena's "affected" reaction afterward. Besides the fact that Damon's remark was absurd as you aptly pointed out, why would Elena be hurt or care what Damon said? The guy is the freaking devil for christ's sake.

Other bad writing was early on in the ep when they had Damon declare his fear of Tyler if he ends up being a werewolf. Which is absurd given you're a freaking VAMPIRE. You can kill him easily enough when he's in human form, can't you? This same running plot hole applies to Bonnie's convenient and sudden godlike superpowers. All Damon really has to do is catch her off guard, and BAM, she's dead. He can move at super speeds afterall. All quite silly. But there couldn't be a show I guess if everything happened the way logic dictated huh. heh

Anyway this was definitely the worst ep this year. And they got off to such a promising start too. To the show's credit though, I will say they seem to be handling werewolf lore better than most (imo). Twilight's and True Blood's werewolves (also, The Gates) have basically nothing to do with full moons or curses (from what I can recall anyway), they're basically just "shifters" or "skinwalkers" limited to wolf form. True Blood is especially silly, since they have BOTH werewolves and shifters in it (and now werePANTHERS too, lol), and yet there is no real clear distinction between the two that I can see other than the fact that shifters aren't limited to only one form. Not really handled the best. Or perhaps I'm just missing the distinction.
                        Last edited by Xanderman; 09-27-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Im very late on this, but I'd give this episode an 8 - the first half was a little slow paced for my liking, but the second half was awesome. The werewolf stuff was a lot more exciting than I had expected it to be; in fact, that goes for the storyline as a whole so far. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the way we learned about the werewolf mythos...having Vanessa act as a source of exposition, just spouting out all these facts, was too neat and easy for me. If learning about werewolves was a matter of reading books, I find it hard to believe that Damon and Stefan had absolutely no idea that they existed. The idea of vampires wiping werewolves out nearly to the point of extinction is intriguing though. I wonder how big a role Katherine played in that.

Talking of Katherine, I'm surprised they're digging back into the mystery of why Elena and Katherine look so similar. I thought that storyline was pretty much done, but I can't wait to see what the writers have come up with - there must be a reason they're revisiting this.

Finally, I agree with everyone that the Stefan/Caroline dynamic was one of this episode's best features. They're an unexpectedly fun pair, and I hope we see more of them...especially now that Caroline has given into her blood lust again.

Comment

They have to walk a fine line with Damon you can not have him as brooding/sorry/pathetic as Stephen but he cannot be a heartless B. I don;t mind him cracking a little bit but I hope they do not go to far.

Comment

I'm not sure who's side to take in Elena vs Damon. Damon has done his fair share of evil and he has to own to that. He can't just sit there and compare Elena to Katherine that easy. At the same time, Elena was very cold. With vampires, their feelings get amplified times 100 so even though I can understand why Elena feels the way she does, I almost want to feel sorry for Damon. Very intense. I got to say vampire Caroline is really growing on me. I know it must suck to have her insecure personalities amplified. This was pretty good episode I must say. Can't wait till find out more about the Lockwoods. I feel like we only really got a teaser this episode about them.

"Well, you sort of skipped serial killer and went straight to vampire."

I give this episode a 9 out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎