Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Superman Animated Film (2011)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Star Superman Animated Film (2011)

Morrison's All-Star Superman is being adapted as an animated film for Winter 2011.

Trailer

I like the cast, though I'm a little worried about how the story will be affected by the short running times of these animated movies.
    Last edited by Exedore; 09-23-2010, 09:40 AM.

that trailer felt morose among other things, which I guess I can overlook since it's a story about Superman's "death". I just hope they don't lose the fun and wonder and amazement that made the All Star universe unique, and that wasn't due so much to the story as it was to all the little details. I'd hate for this to become just another Superman story no matter how closely it follows the original.

Comment

I liked -- really, really liked -- All-Star Superman when I first read it. My concern is, from a marketing standpoint, this is the second Superman-only DTV... and they're marketing it as Superman's last adventure before his "death."

Sounds... familiar... Oh, wait, that's what they did with the first DTV, when Doomsday killed Superman. I'm not really against them picking this story to adapt, but I'm starting to get worried that the producers or whoever is in charge think that the only Superman story that'll sell, is one in which he dies. Or "dies."

Watching the trailer, the voice for Lex surprised me at first, but I'll reserve judgment for the whole thing. Nice to see Christina Hendricks involved. If only we could see her...

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
        I liked -- really, really liked -- All-Star Superman when I first read it. My concern is, from a marketing standpoint, this is the second Superman-only DTV... and they're marketing it as Superman's last adventure before his "death."

Sounds... familiar... Oh, wait, that's what they did with the first DTV, when Doomsday killed Superman. I'm not really against them picking this story to adapt, but I'm starting to get worried that the producers or whoever is in charge think that the only Superman story that'll sell, is one in which he dies. Or "dies."

Watching the trailer, the voice for Lex surprised me at first, but I'll reserve judgment for the whole thing. Nice to see Christina Hendricks involved. If only we could see her...
        Agreed also a bit weary on the VA. But, I reserve judgement as well. like the animation itself however.

Comment

So thisis analternative Superman univere?....what so great about Allstar Superman universe?...like to see Allstar Batman next.

Comment

Originally posted by The Caped Crusader
            So thisis analternative Superman univere?....what so great about Allstar Superman universe?
            What wasn't great about A.S.S.? The absurdity and far-out imagination of the silver age tempered just enough for modern tastes, and a Superman who could balance the SUPER and the MAN better than we've seen in a very long time.

like to see Allstar Batman next.

I'm guessing you didn't read it then? cause that ain't never gonna happen

Comment

Awesome! I still haven't read All-Star Superman yet but I have heard great things. Can't wait!

Originally posted by The Caped Crusader
              So thisis analternative Superman univere?....what so great about Allstar Superman universe?...like to see Allstar Batman next.
              Um....All-Star Batman(from what I heard) is one of the worst Batman comics next to The Dark Knight Strikes Again. I've heard it is pretty bad.

Comment

I'm sold.

Comment

Bruce Timm interview.

As expected, they had to "cut some stuff down".

Comment

At this point, it's just to be expected.

The surprising thing I thought about that interview was that, of all the films produced thus far, Bruce Timm felt that he shouldn't have tried to condense The New Frontier down into one film. I've never read it, but I felt he did an excellent job of telling a compelling story. It's hands down the best one they've made, and it feels whole. IMO, it doesn't feel like anything's missing.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                      What wasn't great about A.S.S.? The absurdity and far-out imagination of the silver age tempered just enough for modern tastes, and a Superman who could balance the SUPER and the MAN better than we've seen in a very long time.

I'm guessing you didn't read it then? cause that ain't never gonna happen
                      Maybe thats how new Supes films should be then...so its alternative universe that mixed Silver Age with modern age Supes comics..

Comment

Well it looked like "All-Star Superman" but the trailer didn't really capture the essence of it you know. It didn't feel magical. Felt like a summer blockbuster. Again I know they have to market this to wide audience but I'd liked more surreal trailer. Something like the trailer for "Inception" (Dark Knight director Chris Nolans newest movie).

Comment

All Star Superman Animated Movie

I'm really looking forward to this.

Comment

Talk about all Superman-related topics not covered above right here, including other Superman TV series, both live-action and animated, general talk about the character, character, and more. Comics discussion has now moved to KryptonSite's Comics Corner!

Comment

I know I' be buying this one!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎