No announcement yet.

Silver Dangerous to vampires?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Dangerous to vampires?

The show never really addressed this, but as you know in shows such as True Blood, silver is like kryptonite. But my issue is when Caroline was at the hospital, she went to put on her necklace, and she got burnt. WTH? Explain Damon and Stefan's rings, Katherine's necklace?

Originally posted by shanemak
    The show never really addressed this, but as you know in shows such as True Blood, silver is like kryptonite. But my issue is when Caroline was at the hospital, she went to put on her necklace, and she got burnt. WTH? Explain Damon and Stefan's rings, Katherine's necklace?
    Oh that´s easy pal.

The necklace is fulled with verbain. Remember what Steffan said to Jeremy at the school in the beggining of the ep? the necklace Jeremy was using that was given by Elena hd verbain in it. nd remember Elena gave one of those to caroline in order to prtect her from Damon. Like Steffan said to Jeremy, verbain is ltoxic to vampires (like kryptonite to Superman as well). So what burnt caroline was not silver but te verbain.
    But you´re right abt one thing: Vampire Diaries´ vampires have a weakness too: not silver, like in True Blood, but plumb/came/lead. (that is told in the books and maybe we´ll see it later through out the show)
    So I think that explains the brothers´ rings and Katherine´s nacklace right?

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
      Oh that´s easy pal.

The necklace is fulled with verbain. Remember what Steffan said to Jeremy at the school in the beggining of the ep? the necklace Jeremy was using that was given by Elena hd verbain in it. nd remember Elena gave one of those to caroline in order to prtect her from Damon. Like Steffan said to Jeremy, verbain is ltoxic to vampires (like kryptonite to Superman as well). So what burnt caroline was not silver but te verbain.
      But you´re right abt one thing: Vampire Diaries´ vampires have a weakness too: not silver, like in True Blood, but plumb/came/lead. (that is told in the books and maybe we´ll see it later through out the show)
      So I think that explains the brothers´ rings and Katherine´s nacklace right?
      O, ok. Thanks. But I don't remember Elena giving one to Caroline.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
        O, ok. Thanks. But I don't remember Elena giving one to Caroline.
        But, she did. Remember? Caroline herself told that to the nurse when the nurse picked up the necklace from the floor and said it was nice or something like that..
        Caroline reply was: "Yea, a friend gave it to me"

Comment

My initial thought was the vervain as well! But who knew it would burn her skin? That's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
            My initial thought was the vervain as well! But who knew it would burn her skin? That's weird.
            ok.

Last season when Stefan took Damon out and locked him t the mansion and Damon ended up almost killed and to save his own life he killed his idk nephew?
            Remember how Stefan manage to get Damon weak? He put vervain into Caroline´s glass of what she was drinking... Damon drank from that glass and right after that he started to feel a lot of pain coz the vervain was consuming his from inside..
            Now imagine what a powerful thing like that could make on skin huh?

Comment

Did'nt vervain burn Katherine's wrist when she sprayed it on in an 1864 flashback? Pearl said they are handing them out in town.

Comment

I guess that makes sense then.

Comment

It makes totally sense!

Comment

I think silver is toxic to vamps in VD as well. In pretty much every vampire show or movie, it is. I don't know about Twilight, but they are a complete different universe of vamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                      I think silver is toxic to vamps in VD as well. In pretty much every vampire show or movie, it is. I don't know about Twilight, but they are a complete different universe of vamps.
                      That wasn´t brought up in Twilight, Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice books), Moonlight tv show, Angel (a tv show from the 90´s),

But it was never brought up in VD as well, at least, so far I know. But I might be wrong...

Comment

I thought it was brought up in Angel and or Buffy as well? I think Moonlight brought it up at some point.

Comment

I've only heard that silver is toxic to vampires in True Blood.

Comment

I am not sure the whole silver thing holds up in the "vampire realm." On Buffy I don't think silver was ever used as a weapon. I know crosses (which were some kind of metal generally if not wood) would burn their skin. But silver never had anything to do with BtVS.

Comment

I swear on Buffy, Angel and Moonlight it was shown or revealed that silver can hurt vamps.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎