View Poll Results: Who do you truly think was Dean's True Love?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lisa

12 60.00%
  • Cassie

3 15.00%
  • Jo

5 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Completely Confused on Season 5 Finale

I am not sure why it bugs me but why the ending of Season 5 is the girl that Dean referred to as Gumby Girl his true love when in episode Route 666 the supposed love of his life was Cassie I felt like it kind of took a way a little bit of the specialness he had with her by putting him with Lisa because of Ben. Yes, they have had a sort of connection but Cassie was the one he loved.

I felt kind of offended as if they couldn't have Dean run to the African American girl who he'd loved over a girl he had some sex with and found out Oh she has a kid that seems just like him.

I am probably overthinking it Lisa was a nice enough character and likable but it just took away from Dean's history making her the one he went to instead of Cassie.

I feel the same way when it comes to Sam he was Ruby's plaything for quite a while and there was no mention of how Jess would have felt about it, what she would have thought of him doing those things since the show began his journey because of her death.

Just pondering and eagerly waiting for the new Episodes.

Does anyone know if this is the final season I sure hope not.

Last edited by AcheronLove; 09-06-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Double entry at bottom of page:)

the producers/writers didn't do a good job of showing who Dean's true love interest was, but then again, that wasn't or shouldn't be the focus of the show. it's about the brothers' relationship.

I didn't see any relationship with Dean and Cassie happening because that was all the way back in season one, and the show never mentioned her after that episode.

also I saw more of a connection between Dean and Jo, but I guess TPTB wanted Dean and Lisa.

I also didn't expect Lisa to be back in Dean's life. although they gave little hints of it in season three.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    the producers/writers didn't do a good job of showing who Dean's true love interest was, but then again, that wasn't or shouldn't be the focus of the show. it's about the brothers' relationship.

I didn't see any relationship with Dean and Cassie happening because that was all the way back in season one, and the show never mentioned her after that episode.

also I saw more of a connection between Dean and Jo, but I guess TPTB wanted Dean and Lisa.

I also didn't expect Lisa to be back in Dean's life. although they gave little hints of it in season three.

Thanks That was driving me mad why Lisa was this Big Love when she'd been referred to as simply Gumby girl. To me yes Dean was still attracted to her but it was the possibility of a normal life with her and Ben. So you are right they didn't flesh out the story but I must disagree on one point yes the story is about the brothers that part I adore and of course Bobby and CAss But being the season finale there should have been a little more information like they'd kept in touch via phone or text whatever instead of the simple scene when he basically tells her he is going to do something that might kill him.

I know all shows have their little glitches of switching writers, mythology mistakes and even though I am not a big Dean/Lisa fan I love the show and want to know what they can come up with and hope for many more seasons.

I voted for Cassie in the poll but honestly that I think about it I think Jo would have been a fabulous choice had they not killed her off

One thing I can't wait to find out is how Sam got back to the surface, if he's still got the demon blood in him and whether or not his sacrifice was seen by God since they never actually found him. Just took a bit away from him by making him the bad guy so to speak drinking the demon blood being manipulated by Ruby, etc. His character was always soulful and he had his own personal spiratuality that he told Dean about. They stripped him to the bone in the last two seasons I hope for him to rise up out of all that.
    Last edited by AcheronLove; 09-06-2010 at 01:53 PM.

I think that he is more in love with the idea of having a normal apple-pie life. And Lisa is the woman that can give him that. And I like Lisa and Ben, so I am okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_marcus View Post
    I think that he is more in love with the idea of having a normal apple-pie life. And Lisa is the woman that can give him that. And I like Lisa and Ben, so I am okay with it.
    I agree with this. Dean isn't in love with Lisa so much as he's in love with what she represents. It's not really about her, it's about him getting as close as he will ever get to a "normal" life.

As for Cassie, I don't think she was Dean's true love. They had a relationship and it ended. They've never brought her up again, so I think Dean moved on.

Jo...well, there was potential there, but her character was sooo badly mishandled in the beginning that it made a romance implaudible. By the time she had matured enough for that to be a possibility, they killed her off!!

So...Lisa is nothing more than a symbol, a representation of the life Dean will never really have, at least not for long!

Quote Originally Posted by chole_fan View Post
    I agree with this. Dean isn't in love with Lisa so much as he's in love with what she represents. It's not really about her, it's about him getting as close as he will ever get to a "normal" life.

As for Cassie, I don't think she was Dean's true love. They had a relationship and it ended. They've never brought her up again, so I think Dean moved on.

Jo...well, there was potential there, but her character was sooo badly mishandled in the beginning that it made a romance implaudible. By the time she had matured enough for that to be a possibility, they killed her off!!

So...Lisa is nothing more than a symbol, a representation of the life Dean will never really have, at least not for long!
    This is how I see it as well.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Dean's true love? Has been and always be the only girl who remains constant in his life--The Impala!

(someone said "she's the only girl on the show who has never been evil". Too true.)

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Dean's true love? Has been and always be the only girl who remains constant in his life--The Impala!

(someone said "she's the only girl on the show who has never been evil". Too true.)
    Hah. Well to be fair, none of the girls in the poll have ever been evil.

that is true...none of them have been.

I'm surprised about the amount of analyzing(or over-analyzing) Dean's relationship with Lisa is getting.

Lisa is his girlfriend. Forgive my romantic misconceptions, but that does not necessarilly make her "the love of his life". How many girlfriends/boyfriends do people have before they find the right one?

I think Dean cares deeply for Lisa and Ben. Whether or not that makes her the love of his life is a different story, but he certainly feels a good deal of affection for them. Part of that is probably his desire for a normal life, but I think it would be a discredit to Dean to suggest that he is only with them for that reason as opposed to actually feeling some sort of emotional connection with them.

I guess we're casting her in that role because that's the way she seems to be presented on the show. She's the "Dream girl" from Dean's dreams, she's the one he had to say good-bye to before the War, she's the girl he went to when he wanted a normal life, etc.

If she's just a 'date' then why make her so important?

Cassie, to me, seemed like Dean's version of Lana and Lisa was Dean's version of Lois. Simple.

And my take on this is that Lisa is acceptable... its Ben that drew him there... wanting to be the father to him that his own father wasnt...

As for Cassie, she was the past and that's all...

And concerning Jo, that could have been serious except it just never got there...

That whole Cassie/Dean "relationship" was a flop. I never bought that they were in love.
    And this was all the way back in season 1. Would they really bring back a girl we hadn't heard about in years just so Dean could finally get the white picket fence and the family??
    From what I remember of the two they weren't exactly picking out houses and cribs when they last parted.

There's really only one girl I'd want them to bring back from season one and that's Sarah, who, I thought would have turned out to be a prominent love interest for Sam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast