No announcement yet.

Let Us Hold Onto Each Other (A/G)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Us Hold Onto Each Other (A/G)

A/N: My muse just loved the idea of Arthur and Gwen falling asleep by the hearth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur trudged his way down through the lower town, unrecognizable in a blue cloak as the moon was cast high in the sky, the best time for Arthur to sojourn to Gwen's house.

It was reckless, Arthur knew, but the thought of Gwen being alone and having to withstand the approaching storm troubled Arthur greatly, especially now that he heard the deep rumble of thunder, in the blackened sky.

Arthur strided over to Gwen's wooden door, looking two and throw to see if there was any peering eyes, and rapped his knuckles lightly against her door.

The wind flapped his cloak briskly as he waited for the door to creak open, he was just about to knock again due to impatience when finally the door was opened slightly ajar, Gwen's head popped out to see who would have the nerve to come out while the wind was whipping up and about through the lower town. Her eyes blinked once, noticing Arthur and pulled him inside by his arm, in an effort to stop any more brisk air entering her already benumbed home.

Arthur was already taking his cloak off as Gwen re-lighted a few candles that had gone out when she opened her door.

"What are you doing here?"

Arthur watched on as Gwen bustled about, clad in pants and a shift, her hair fell around her face having not being tied at the back; it was a sight to behold.

Arthur didn't reply, and made to grab at any blankets and quilts that he could find, as Gwen looked on looking slightly bemused. "Arthur?"

Arthur lifted his head, looking sheepish. "I didn't want you to be alone when the storm finally came; I know how bad it can get"

Gwen's amused eyes softened slightly before walking over to him and placing a kiss on his cheek, earning a grin from Arthur.

Gwen looked at all the quilts he had gathered. "So what do you want these for?"

"I thought we could sit in front of the hearth, get you warmed up". Arthur spoke as he made to sprawl the quilts on the floor, and made himself comfy as Gwen lowered to the floor to join him, sitting in between his legs to allow his body heat to quell her shivering form.

Arthur drifted his own cloak over the two of them, before he wrapped his arms around Gwen's waist, allowing her to relax, Gwen allowed the scent of him to envelope her, and the little trembles of his breath as he breathed into the side of her head as she quietly stroked the back of Arthur's hand, rubbing circles into his skin, soon both to be lulled to sleep.

As the thunder rumbled overhead.
    Last edited by genvillewars92; 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎