Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark shows total contempt for humanity and is revealed to be a mass murderer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark shows total contempt for humanity and is revealed to be a mass murderer

Wasn't this obvious? At this point Clark understands that there are 2 keys that allow him to be controlled. This was clear. He also knew that Lex was an evil mass murdering monster, and that Lex just obtained the 2nd key and, that Lex would thus have be able to use Clark as the world's most weapon, giving Lex world domination. Nobody can argue that Clark doesn't understand this; he and Chloe even talk about this and how Clark could become the 'tool' for mass murder and the destruction of humanity.

All Clark has to do to stop this is tail Lex for a day or so, a trivial task when you can run supersonic. Then he can take the keys back whenever he sees Lex fetch the 2nd key wherever he's hiding it, again a trivial thing to spot when you have X-Ray vision. Using his super speed, Clark could even run and grab the key from Lex when he retrieved it, and Lex wouldn't even know see him or know what happened.

Clark would barely have to life a finger to save mankind. Does he? Nope, even though he's responsible for this whole mess in the first place, he's not willing to do anything at all to stop it, and decides to just hang out with Lana while he lets Lex fly off to Zurich with the keys to control Clark.

Why isn't everybody up in arms over what is obviously Clark's evil, contempt for mankind? I mean what if someone, in real life, created a situation that put millions of lives in jeopardy (maybe a nuclear power plant engineer who forgot to seal a safety valve), and all he had to do to make things was right was barely lift a finger (like make a phone call), but, instead he chose to just hang out with a friend and couldn't be bothered to do anything to prevent the looming catastrophe? That guy would be held criminally responsible for all those deaths because of his gross negligence, and he'd be branded a sick mass murderer with contempt for humanity. That's exactly what Clark did in the show, so why is he still the 'hero'?

Throughout the series so far Clark did stupid things that resulted in mass suffering, like releasing General Zod which resulted in worldwide rioting, which no doubt created massive death and destruction. But, although these previous missteps were foreseeable, the writers made it clear that Clark wasn't aware of what he was doing and the mayhem he created was an accident. But, in this episode, the writers made it very clear that Clark knew what he was about to unleash, knew how to stop it easily, but chose not to.

I kept watching the DVD's until the first episode in Season 8, curious to see what possible way out the writers had planned. But in the Season 8 premier it became clear the writers of the show are as stupid and careless as the characters they penned. Clark dies, so Martian Manhunter flies him into the sun to restore Clark's powers, but at the cost of his own since the sun turns MM into a "powerless" mortal. Hmmmm.... So once they reach the sun, Clark's power are restored, but since he can't fly, he'd have no way to get back to Earth; he could just run on the sun at super speed, I guess. And MM, now a human, well, I don't think he'd be able to run too long in the 10,000 degree heat. So how did they get back to Earth??? Duh.

Dude either you are just posting things to complain or you just saw the DVD. It's a Smallville season finale they are almost all bad the best was the last one Salvation. That one specifically there was a writer's strike, Michael Rosenbaum was leaving the writers who are already limited had to find a way to make a season finale and that was what they came up with.

All those plot threads are resolved except Lex who is finished in a terrible manner but even the writers go back on it and may retcon it. Prepare for Season 8 to be bad but Season 9 to make up for it mostly in Abosulte Justice and Salvation the season finale.

Besides that's not evil Superman this is. http://www.comicvine.com/irredeemable-/37-183723/
    Last edited by AlexfromLubbock; 07-18-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
      Dude either you are just posting things to complain or you just saw the DVD. It's a Smallville season finale they are almost all bad the best was the last one Salvation. That one specifically there was a writer's strike, Michael Rosenbaum was leaving the writers who are already limited had to find a way to make a season finale and that was what they came up with.

All those plot threads are resolved except Lex who is finished in a terrible manner but even the writers go back on it and may retcon it. Prepare for Season 8 to be bad but Season 9 to make up for it mostly in Abosulte Justice and Salvation the season finale.

Besides that's not evil Superman this is. http://www.comicvine.com/irredeemable-/37-183723/
      Actually, bergen was absolutely right.
      Smallville writers have made dozens of episodes with dozens of plot holes, so if you're on S7/8, you should've probably gotten used to that. Maybe. I'm still trying to.

Comment

Originally posted by e-µ-i
        Actually, bergen was absolutely right.
        Smallville writers have made dozens of episodes with dozens of plot holes, so if you're on S7/8, you should've probably gotten used to that. Maybe. I'm still trying to.
        I told him that the episodes and many season finales were bad but I explained why that one was and that there were many factors against it.

Comment

Best first post ever.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
            I'm sorry, but this is not an excuse. It's bad writing and bad planning. Period. A good writer... or should I say, a good executive producer (I'm looking at you, AlMiles) would find a way.

And yes, people can complain. Not everything is flowers and rainbows.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanda Lane
              I'm sorry, but this is not an excuse. It's bad writing and bad planning. Period. A good writer... or should I say, a good executive producer (I'm looking at you, AlMiles) would find a way.

And yes, people can complain. Not everything is flowers and rainbows.
              Where did I say I liked it I was said it was a bad episode? It was a bad episode that lead into a bad season. I was hinting that either the OP never saw this episode until recently or is just looking to find something to troll about talking about an old episode.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎