'80s Hair Metal Bands

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80s Hair Metal Bands

Anyone a fan of 80s metal?

Some of my favorite bands are Dokken, Winger, and Ratt to name a few.

Awesome music, its very upbeat and the songs of that time had amazing guitar solos that seem to be rear in todays day in music.

Any thoughts or favorite 80s metal bands?
    Discuss it all here!

Some of mine would be Motley Crue,LA Guns,Bon Jovi,Poison,RATT,Quiet Riot,Scorpions,Twisted Sister,Def Leppard,Van Halen,and Gun's N Roses.This is one of my favorite sub genres of Metal and Classic Rock.You just don't see the same quality in music these days. I admit I was a victim of pop and rap in the late 90's but when I always listened to Classic rock and Metal cause my mom loved the stuff,and I'm glad I saw the light.

Comment

Yeah I also listened to pop in the late 90s which is embarassing to admit, but then i discovered hair bands and I enjoy the upbeat carefree style of the music!

Comment

Oh wow I used to be a fan of Alice Cooper, WASP, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Metallica ... they had a distinct *sound* that was 80s/90s and, even old bands that are still going like Iron Maiden, dont have the same sound (in my opinion) in their new music.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean about the newer stuff not having the same sound. I know some bands have tried to recreate their classic feel but it does not seem to work. In any case here is an awesome video of one of my favorite Winger songs below. The guitar solo in this song is incredible.

Comment

I grew up on this stuff. I've seen just about all of these guys when they were in
            their prime. I actually met Don Dokken a few years ago. My personal favorite
            band. The only disappointment...I've seen them twice and they've never played
            "Dream Warriors". What a bummer. I've seen Poison three times. Usually they
            were with multiple hair-bands at Blossom here in Akron, Ohio. Favorite guitar
            concert: The G3 Tour with Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Eric Johnson. Joe's
            Bass Player was phenomenal. Stue Hamm, I think. He got a solo of his own.
            WOW!!! I saw the drummer of Motley Crue, Tommie Lee, have a drum solo on
            the ceiling of the Colliseum before it was torn down. I've seen AC/DC four times.
            I saw Def Leppard before the drummer lost his arm. The bunghole award goes to
            Janie Lane of Warrant. I saw them three times. Guns & Roses was the only
            band that I saw come out for two encours in one show. Awesome. Billy Idol
            had a bunch of blow up dolls that he tended to end up between their legs. Ha,
            Ha... ZZ Top Eliminator was my first concert. I worked at a club that presented
            Steel Heart. The singer for this group had a very impressive vocal range.
            Worth noting. I saw Manowar and they're just loud as Hell. One of my favorite
            bands, Savatage (the former name for the Transiberian Orchestra), I plan to
            see one day in hopes they play some of their Savatage stuff. My last concert
            was two years ago, I saw Iron Maiden. I saw Lita Ford at the local amusement
            park. I stood about twenty feet away from her. I used to play piano and a
            couple of my favorites was "Miles Away" by Winger, "Honestly" by Stryper, and
            "The Angel Song" by Great White. I was pretty good at these old gems.
            The good old days.
            Last edited by Glove; 07-21-2010, 01:34 AM. Reason: Added Notes.

Comment

August 18th, 2002 (my birthday) I got the chance to see Deep Purple, The Scorpians, and Ronny James Dio at the Reno Hilton. Joe Satriani was in town, so he came out to jam a few songs with all three bands. I'm sure most of Reno could hear them play from the outside stage at the Hilton. It wasn't the 80's anymore, and nobody could sing more than 2 songs in a row without breaking into a 5 minute drum or guitar solo.(Joe helped fill in) I wouldn't have been able to see them in the 80's while I had a couple rug rats at home.
              I'll never forget the only time I ever got to see Dio!!!!!! A little guy with a great big voice.
              Rest in Peace buddy............we will never forget you!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really love Van Hallen.... the hair were flawless. ahahha

Comment

Lesser known groups of the 80's glam bands !

Bands like Autograph , Keel , Black 'n' Blue and Krokus wer great bands to plus early 80's bands like Heaven , Sheriff , Vandenburge and Mamas Boys wer great bands too !

Comment

at that time mine favorite is all time Joe Satriani. he with his guitar. the best duo i must say.

Comment

Does Kiss count?
                      You can't beat songs like God of Thunder

Comment

I forgot this thread was still out there. I saw Dokken back in February and I finally got to see them do "Dream Warriors" live. George Lynch just put a new album with 3/4th of Dokken members minus Don called "The End Machine". I tried to look for it, but couldn't find it. It is impressive, a lot of these bands are still putting out music. Hell, Whitesnake just put out a new album. I heard a couple songs and didn't feel the need to go out and buy it. One sounded like a remake of an old song and the other was simply...….weak.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎