Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Pilot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had been three days since Chloe and Jimmy's kidnapping. Deputy Watt's accomplice in the act had yet to be determined. Even with the guy still lurking in the shadows the dynamic duo was now more determined than ever to find out just what this guy didn't want them to know.

They knew that Luthor Corp. was definitely involved in the string of disappearances of several of their meteor infected classmates. All they needed to do now is discover his identity. They thought about asking Lex, but that idea hit the road faster than a speeding bullet.

Elsewhere there had been numerous people reported into Smallville Hospital ever since Eric had been taken down. The doctors couldn't explain their conditions. It was as if
    their very life forces had been drained right out of them.
    _

Lana opened her locker and took her necklace off. The incident three days ago was still haunting her memory. She didn't want to say out loud what she knew to be the truth. She was some sort of meteor freak. She knew her powers had something to do with meteor rocks and as such started to wear her necklace only when she wasn't in crowded areas in the off chance that it might trigger her powers. Part of her was frightened that she might end up like all of her other infected classmates. Lana tried to calm down and placed her necklace in her locker.

"That won't happen, Lana. Most of those people were basket cases to begin with," she thought in a vain attempt to stop panicking. She shut her locker door and jumped when she saw Whitney's face to the right of her.

"Whitney. You scared me," Lana said.

"Doesn't take much to do that it seems nowadays," he snidely remarked.

Lana resisted the urge to slap him. "You've been a real ass these past few weeks you know that?" She asked him. The bell sounded and Lana slung her backpack over her shoulder. Whitney watched her walk away and saw her meet up with Kent at the end of the Hallway. He balled up his right fist and slammed it into the locker. All of this was Kent's fault. The injury, losing Lana, losing his scholarship; everything. He had been thinking long and hard about how to make Kent pay and he just might've settled on an idea.
    _

Tess was the first one to class like she normally was. While she waited for everyone to start piling into the room her cell phone buzzed. She pulled it out of her pocket and saw there was a text message. She opened the message and froze in her seat; almost dropping her phone as well. The message said:

I know what you did.

Tess checked to see who the message was from, but it was marked as Anonymous. Tess shut her phone and slid it back into her pocket. This person couldn't mean what happened during the Nicodemus incident. Could they? The rest of the class arrived and Tess tried to act like she hadn't seen the message on her phone. 'Tried' being the word.

"Good morning Smallville High! This is Leslie the Live Wire with an important morning announcement." A voice full of energy sounded over the P.A.

"I'm just here to tell you that tomorrow is the long awaited Spring Formal, which hopefully won't end like this year's Homecoming dance did. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet…well then what are you doing sitting around listening to me for!? Go, go, go, go, go!" The announcement ended and the entire class sat in silence.

"Uh… who was that?" Clark asked.

"Leslie Willis; school's new morning announcement girl," Chloe said.

"She definitely lives up to her self appointed nick name," Jimmy said as the teacher started the class for the day. Thoughts concerning the text message made it difficult for Tess to stay focused during class; something that didn't go unnoticed by Clark.

When school was finally over Clark caught Tess over by her locker.

"Hi Clark," she said giving him a bright smile.

"Hi Tess," Clark said returning her smile. He shook his head and focused on what he wanted ask her. "Are you alright? You seemed like you were on edge all day."

Tess wanted to tell him about the text, but didn't want to give him a reason to worry if I wasn't about what she thought it was. "I've just been looking over my shoulder a lot since the Nicodemus incident. You never know when someone might sneak up on you in this town," she said.

"I'm always here if you need me," Clark said. Tess laughed.

"Thanks Clark," she said then restrained his arms by his side and pinned him against the locker. "But don't forget, I can take care of myself."

"I'll be sure and remember that," Clark said. "Can you let go of me please?" He asked.

"Sure," she said releasing him. Clark could've broken himself free any time, but he didn't want to hurt Tess. He also sort of liked it.

"Hey guys," Chloe said joining the two along with Pete, Jimmy, and Lana.

"Hi Chloe. What's up?" Clark asked.

"Well as Leslie the lively reminded us all tomorrow is the dance. I just want to check to see if you guys have your tickets."

"We got them plus extra," Pete said.

"What's the extra for?" Lana asked.

"In the inevitable event that one of you shows up without your ticket and trust me it's going to happen," Jimmy said and Chloe hit him over the head.

"Ow! What'd you do that for?" Jimmy asked rubbing his head.

"No reason, James," Chloe said patting the spot she hit. "You all have means of transportation right?"

"Yes Chloe," the three men all groaned out. Pete and Jimmy were driving themselves, Chloe and Lana were driving together, and Clark was picking up Tess.

"And last but not least…"

"Chloe if you're going to ask if we have the proper dress attire for the dance, don't," Jimmy cut her off. Chloe raised her eyebrows at Jimmy then turned to Lana and Chloe.

"Well Lex got me a dress for the dance, but I'm not too sure I want to wear it," Tess said.

"Why?" Lana asked.

"It's black. It's not exactly my favorite color. I feel uncomfortable in it," she answered.

"I was thinking about wearing what I had during the homecoming dance," Lana started.

"Out of the question, Lang. Looks like we're going to have to do a little shopping," Chloe said putting her hands over Tess and Lana's shoulders.

"You're kidding right Chloe? What are the odds of us actually finding something the day before," Tess said only to be cut off.

"You don't know me very well Tess," Chloe said smiling at her two friends. "We'll see you guys later," she said only Clark, Jimmy, and Pete were gone. "Guys?"

"They were just here a second ago," Tess said.

"Boys. Here the word 'shopping' and they run for the hills," Chloe joked.
    _

Rudy observed the Luthor Mansion security from a safe distance away. It was nighttime now and he figured this was the best time to strike. There were only a mere two guards standing watch outside and they didn't look particularly interested in their jobs. They probably wouldn't know what to do the instant a threat appeared. Rudy had been absorbing the energy from people at Crater Lake for the past three days now and he felt stronger and faster than before. The downside was that the energy he stole didn't last and he could feel some of it slipping away even now as he remained hidden.
    "I guess now is as good a time as any to get moving," Rudy thought and made a run for the mansion.

He hopped the outer fence and then one of the guard's lights shined on him. Rudy ran at him and knocked his gun out of his hands. Rudy blocked his punch and stole some of his energy until he fainted. The second guard appeared in Rudy's sight and he seized the downed guard's gun. He reacted fast and shot the second guard in the leg before he had a chance to get off a shot.

"What the Hell is going on out there!?" A voice shouted over the guard's radio. Rudy punched him out and took it.

"There's some freak out here. We tried gunning him down, but her made a break to the back of the mansion," Rudy said mimicking the guard's voice. "We need some help out here."

"On our way," the guard responded. Rudy heard the sound of the backdoor being swung open and then made his move inside the Mansion. He sprinted as fast as he could; not even stopping when a left behind guard got in his way. Rudy didn't waste time draining him and instead knocked him out with a single punch. He charged headlong at the doors to the study and kicked them open. Lex was calmly standing in front of the pool table taking a sip of his drink.

"Good evening Rudy," he said taking another sip. "I was wondering how long it would take you to come here."

"You seem awfully calm, Luthor," Rudy said stepping closer to Lex, who didn't move or even seem intimidated despite Rudy's rather garish appearance.

"Come on Rudy. I know you and the last thing that you are is a killer. The only reason you came here is because you want something from me."

"You're right, Luthor. I like this power, but I want to be changed back to my normal looking self. Given how it was your chemicals that did this to me I figured there might be something there that can reverse this."

"Even if there was something that could change your appearance what reason would I have to give it to you?"

"I'm a walking parasite Lex. When I touch someone I absorb more than just their life energy, shall we call it. I absorb everything they have locked up here," he said pointing to his head.

"If I hang onto them long enough I can learn every secret they've been hiding. I'm willing to bet money there're a few secrets you're dying to know."
    "You're absolutely right Rudy," Lex said setting down his glass. "I'm sure you remember Clark from Smallville High."

"Kent? What could you possibly want to know about him?" Rudy asked.

"He's hiding something from me. Something since they day we first met."

"Why don't you just ask him? Aren't you two the best of friends?"

"Yes, but that's apparently not enough for him to trust me fully," Lex said with partial disdain in his voice.

"You use your power to find out what exactly it is that Clark is hiding and you have my word that I'll find a way to cure your…condition. And I suggest you make your answer quick because by now my team has most likely realized that you've sent them on a wild goose chase."

Rudy thought back to when he briefly drained Clark. It had been only a few seconds, but he felt such a rush of power. Even more than what he had drained from all the people at Crater Lake. If he drained him longer he'd get even more powerful.

"Alright Lex," Rudy said; lips forming a twisted smile. "You've got a deal."

To be continued…

Comment

Hey a new Cless chapter, hooray! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Lex needs to be slapped! I don't blame Tess for not wanting to wear a black dress...It's a Spring formal you knucklehead! I'm not liking where this alliance is going with Lex and Parasite! I'm sure he's bound to find out Clark is not from this planet! Very good update I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Comment

I love the suspense at the end of that last chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next. Also, I would love to see Clark and Tess at the formal together.

Comment

Hey guys. I'm working on the next chapter as quickly as possible. I have the whole thing circling in my head, but I'm having trouble translating it to my computer. Here's a small teaser for what is to come though.

Clark took a deep breathe and rang the doorbell to the mansion. 30 seconds of uncomfortable silence later the door opened and Clark's breath was instantly taken away.

"Tess. You look...wow," he stammered. Tess smiled and laughed.

"You wouldn't believe the trouble I went through to obtain this dress," she joked. Right then and there all of Clark's fears about tonight instantly evaporated. He was going to take Tess' advice and for once just relax and have fun for once.

"Shall we go?" He said holding out his hand. Tess took hold of Clark's hand and he led her out to his truck. Tess felt her heart flutter in her chest with every step she took.

"Nothing could possibly ruin tonight," she thought.
            Last edited by protector91; 04-06-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Love the teaser, except that last line makes it seem like something bad might happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Buziel0809
                Love the teaser, except that last line makes it seem like something bad might happen.
                I agree.

Comment

You'll just have to wait and see. I'm working on finishing up my update for Universal Crisis, but expect an update (and if don't update you can hunt me down) by next week. Here's one more teaser for the story. It's mainly meant to make you laugh above anything else.

"I am warning you Dawn. Let. Go. Of the dress," Tess threatened.

"Hey I saw it first, Mercer," Dawn said refusing to relinquish it.

"Are you two really going to come to blows over a single dress," Chloe asked. Tess and Dawn looked at eachother and then at Chloe.

"Yes," the replied simultaneously.

Oh boy, Chloe nervously thought.

Comment

Love the tease. Now is that the same Dawn from "Spirit"?

Comment

Bingo. I just couldn't help myself. This may be the Superman universe, but the characters are still teenagers so I figured why not.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                        You'll just have to wait and see. I'm working on finishing up my update for Universal Crisis, but expect an update (and if don't update you can hunt me down) by next week. Here's one more teaser for the story. It's mainly meant to make you laugh above anything else.

"I am warning you Dawn. Let. Go. Of the dress," Tess threatened.

"Are you two really going to come to blows over a single dress," Chloe asked. Tess and Dawn looked at eachother and then at Chloe.

"Yes," the replied simultaneously.

Oh boy, Chloe nervously thought.
                        Dawn... LMAO... I can see them fighting over the crown now

Comment

A/N: *takes a deep breath*. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. A lot of things happen in it. First there's one thing I've been meaning to say, but never got around to.

The two actors I've been imagining in the roles of Rudy and Leslie have been Fredric Lane (Azazel in Supernatural) and Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars and Elle on Heroes). You don't have to change you imagination to match mine though. Just thought I'd throw that out.

It was mid-afternoon at the police station in Smallville. It was a slow day today with nothing to report. Pierce was going through some police files when the most unexpected thing happened. Maggie Sawyer, looking very excited in contrast to her usual personality, entered the police station.

"May I ask what you are doing here?" He asked the pleased as punch Sawyer.

"I've waited a long time for this. You're under arrest Birtigo," Maggie announced restraining his hands behind his back.

"You've lost it Maggie. On what charge could you possibly have to arrest me?" He questioned.

"For the murder and subsequent impersonation of Michael Birtigo."

"Ok now I'm sure you've lost it," He sneered.

"Have I, Pierce? I've done my homework plus extra credit. I know what I'm talking about. You went to great lengths to cover your tracks, but I've got a few friends in high and dark places." She said to him. The scowl on Pierce's face vanished.

"Don't look so innocent now do you? I knew I recognized you from somewhere Pierce."

"What are you talking about? How do you know that name?" He asked trying to still play dumb.

"Don't you remember? We were together at the police academy years ago. You got thrown out for excessive force and I never saw you again. I bet you thought it was so long ago I'd never remember who you were. Well guess again."

"You can't prove anything, Maggie," he said as she hauled him off of one of the cells.

"I thought I told you it's Margaret; especially to you, Pierce. And you'll find out I can in fact prove everything. You better enjoy your stay in this small cell because you're gonna be soon rotting in a super max prison. I've been checking into the police reports down here as well and there just happen to be tons more missing person's reports. Given how you've already committed one murder I wouldn't put those others past you either. I'd be nervous if I were you. "

I wouldn't count on that, Margaret, Pierce thought when he was shut inside of his cell.

_

Chloe and the girls were once again back in Metropolis trying to find the right dresses for the Spring Formal, which was tonight. Yesterday had only been a success for Chloe and Lana. Tess was still searching for the best dress and wasn't having much luck.

"Just keep looking Tess. I'm sure the right dress is staring you straight in the face," Chloe encouraged.

"Sure it is," Tess mumbled turning to her left and then her eyes spotted the perfect dress.

"Don't you say a word," Tess said to Chloe and walked over to the dress.

"Finally. I don't think I could've taken another minute in this place," Lana said.

"Tell me about it. Changing the subject, what happened to your necklace? Noticed you haven't been wearing it like you used to," Chloe said.

"About that. My necklace was stolen out of my locker yesterday," Lana told her.

"What? Who could've done that?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know. Someone broke the lock. I reported it to the principal, but I doubt I'm going to be seeing that thing again." Lana said. In truth she wasn't very broken up about the loss of her necklace. No meteor rocks mean no freaky powers; at least that's what she hoped. Lana hadn't had any incidents with her power since the incident with Deputy Watts, but her fears that it might happen again lingered.

Meanwhile Tess reached the dress and laid a hand on it when someone else's hand grabbed it as well.

"What the? Dawn?" Tess said looking up at the person the hand belonged to.

"Mercer. What are you doing? Let go of the dress," the popular and snobbish Dawn Stiles commanded.

"I touched it first Dawn therefore I get to claim it. Now I'm warning you Dawn. Let. Go. Of the dress," Tess threatened.

"Are you two really going to come to blows over a single dress?" Chloe asked trying to step between the two. Tess and Dawn looked at each other and then at Chloe.

"Yes," they replied simultaneously.

Oh boy, Chloe thought.

"Well you should know Tess, that the security guy is heading this way and I'd hate to see you get thrown out of this store," Dawn said and Tess looked over her shoulder to see no one. Dawn stepped on Tess' foot making her howl out in pain. Dawn had of course been wearing heels. Tess lost her hold on the dress and Dawn took it into her possession.

"Genius," she giggled turning her back to Tess, which was a big mistake. Tess charged Dawn from behind and they both fell to the floor.

"Let go of the dress!" Tess shouted.

"Get off me!" Dawn screeched at her elbowing Tess in her mouth.

"B*tch!" Tess cursed and hit Dawn in the eye. She was about to really let Dawn have it when the security team actually did show up this time and forcibly broke the two apart.

"What seems to be the trouble here ladies… not you again," the guard holding Tess said seeing Dawn in the other guard's grip.

"Long time no see," Dawn nervously laughed.

"I'm getting very tired breaking up your fights Ms. Stiles. Throw her out of here," he told his partner.

"This isn't over Tess! I'll get back at you for this!" Dawn yelled as the guard started to drag her away.

"Wait!" Tess called out making the guard stop. Tess walked up to Dawn and snatched the undamaged dress out of her hands.

"Thanks," she said and Dawn stuck out her tongue at Tess. Tess faced the other security guard who had his arms folded.

"Before you throw me out can I at least pay for this?" Tess asked.

"Did you give Dawn that black eye?"

"Yes," Tess answered.

"Then by all means go ahead," he allowed.

"Thank you sir," Tess said.

Chloe and Lana speechlessly watched Tess go over to pay for the dress. Most people would never have the guts to strike the queen of Smallville High, but then again Tess isn't most people.

_

For Clark the day could not be going any slower. He wished he could somehow use his speed to accelerate the rotation of the Earth so it would be time for the Spring Formal. But he'd need to be able to fly to do such a feat and heights aren't his thing. So instead Clark tried to make the time pass by working on the family tractor.

This old dinosaur had seen many days on the Kent farm and if it could speak it'd ask to be put out of its misery. It had to be fixed at least once a month. While Clark continued this tedious task there was a crash in some other part of the barn. Clark left the tractor and went to check out the source of the crash. He went towards where the power tools were and saw something he hadn't expected. Rudy was lying on the floor looking barely conscious.

"Clark. Help me," he begged reaching towards him.

"Rudy. What's wrong?" Clark asked. This was the first time Clark saw Rudy since he escaped the hospital. He wondered what became of him and never could have anticipated this.

"Just feeling a little drained," he said and took hold of Clark's arm. Both their bodies started to glow at that instant and Rudy started laughing like a maniac. Clark swatted away Rudy's hand and stumbled backwards almost losing his footing.

"That felt good," Rudy said and used Clark's stolen speed to run behind him to the tractor. Rudy chucked the thing at Clark who put up his hands to protect himself. The tractor collided with Clark knocking him into one of the walls of the barn and outside; the tractor lying broken in half on the ground. Rudy was on Clark again lifting him into the air by the jacket to drain more of Clark's power.

Clark swung both his fists into either side of Rudy head. Rudy grabbed his pounding head leaving an opening for Clark to punch him in his side throwing Rudy near the windmill. He landed in the mud and crashed into part of a fence. He swiftly scrambled to his feet. Clark ran to Rudy's position, but kept his distance.

Rudy pointed at Clark and yelled, "This isn't over!" He super sped away from the Kent farm as quick as he could. Clark tried to go after him, but felt very fatigued. If he went after Rudy there would be a chance he'd steal all of Clark's powers. So he let him go; for now.
                          _

An hour following their tryst Rudy casually entered the Luthor Mansion like he was a welcome guest. "You'll be pleased to know Lex that I've made contact with Kent. You're right. He is hiding something from you."

"And what would that be?" Lex asked. He could use some productive news since Pierce's arrest early today.

"I don't have all the answers yet. I will soon though," Rudy relayed. "I did come across something else not involving Clark. I was recently at the Luthor Corp. plant. Hope you don't mind, but I helped myself to the life energy of a few of the older guards."

"Whether I mind depends on what you have to tell me." Lex said to Rudy.

"Let's say that your dear old dad has a few skeletons in his closet that would shock even you. Check out some of his old files if you have the time to. You won't believe what you'll find," Rudy cryptically answered.
                          _

Following Rudy's attack the day went by a lot faster. There was now little more than an hour to go before the Spring Formal. Clark was all dressed up and triple checked to make sure he had the tickets.

"Why so nervous Clark?" Martha asked him. "It's only a dance."

"Is this about what happened earlier?" Jonathan asked him. He was partially devastated at the destruction of the tractor though Martha told him now he had no excuse to not get a new one.

"In a way; with my speed Rudy can strike at any time he chooses. I'm worried he might try to attack tonight. I've seen what my power can do to people. Eric and Whitney lost it and it looks like Rudy might lose it soon too."

"What just a minute Clark," Jonathan said. "When did Whitney ever have your powers?"

"Whoops," Clark said. He never did tell his parents about homecoming and figured he might as well do so now. He told them everything about Whitney gaining strength and speed similar to his through that octagonal disk and how he never saw it again since that night. He also mentioned that he thinks it might be part of his spaceship.

"Were you ever going to tell us this might I ask?" Martha asked her son.

"I didn't want you guys to worry."

"Well we are worried now son," Jonathan said. "There isn't much we can do about it now though except pray no one figures out what it is should it ever be found."

"We're going to have a longer discussion about this later Clark, but for now go enjoy yourself. You don't want to keep your date waiting after all," Martha said.

"It's not a date," Clark tried to convince them.

"People were saying that when we were you age Clark. 9 times out of ten whenever that was said it was a date," Jonathan laughed.
                          _

Lex decided to take Rudy's suggestion and after some doing, hacked into his father's mainframe and started cycling through the files. At first he found nothing of much worth until one file caught his eye. It was labeled:

Project Mercer

"What on Earth?" He thought moving his mouse to click on it when he heard a knock at his door.

"Umm… come in," he said not used to people knocking on the door to his study. People usually just barged right in.

"Hi Lex," Tess said. "How do I look?"

"You look amazing," Lex answered. "Even if you aren't in the dress I got you."

"I'm sorry Lex," Tess apologized. "Black just isn't my color. It was nice of you to do so, however." Tess said.

"Well I'm sure Clark will like it too," Lex said.

"Speaking of Clark I wonder where he is. The dance is going start soon."

"Maybe he's just being fashionably late," Lex joked.

As a matter of fact Clark was just outside the door. Clark took a deep breath and rang the doorbell to the mansion. 30 seconds of uncomfortable silence later the door opened and Clark's breath was instantly taken away.

"Tess. You look…wow," he stammered. Tess smiled and laughed. She was in a blue dress that went down to a little past her knees and it also showed off some of her breasts. Not enough to scream 'slut' but enough to tease. The dress was definitely doing its job now.

"You wouldn't believe the trouble I went through to obtain this dress," she joked. "I know blue is your favorite color and when I saw this dress I was drawn to it like a mouth to the flame."

Right then and there all of Clark's fears about tonight instantly evaporated. He was going to take Tess' advice and just relax and have fun for once.

"Shall we go?" He asked holding out his hand. Tess took Clark's hand and he took her to his truck. Tess felt her heart flutter in her chest with every step she took.

Nothing could possibly ruin tonight, she thought.

Lex watched them leave from the window. He was still thinking about that file he saw on his computer.

"What have you been up to dad?" he thought out loud. He went back to his computer, but as he figured he'd been blocked out of his dad's files. Maybe he could use Rudy to discover secrets other than Clark's.
                          _

Clark pulled into the school about twenty minutes after the dance was supposed to start. He and Tess exited the truck and were greeted by Chloe, Jimmy, Pete, and Lana.

"I was beginning to wonder what became of you guys," Lana said to the pair.

"Come on. It's not like these things ever start on time," Tess said.

The boys saw the dresses the girl were in and gave them all 'are you serious' looks.

"What?" Chloe asked.

"You're dressed in Red. Lana's in white. Tess is in blue. What do you think?" Jimmy asked.

"How patriotic," Pete commented.

"We didn't plan this. It just happened," Lana said.

"Riiiiiight," Pete said.

"Let's forget this and just have a good time," Chloe said and the group agreed.

The group of friends pushed their way through the large crowd of people all standing in front of the entrance. There were so many people in the hallways that Clark was beginning to wonder if anybody at all was in the gym where the dance was taking place. To his surprise, however, the place was nearly full to capacity.

"Hello Smallville High! This is Leslie 'The Live Wire' your DJ for tonight!" Leslie shouted into the microphone.

"See. Just starting," Tess said to Lana.

"Hope none of you guys came here tired cause we're gonna party all night long! WOOOHOO!" Leslie shouted.

"Somebody had one too many cups of coffee tonight," Jimmy commented.

"From what I hear Leslie's always like this," Pete said pouring some punch. Leslie put on the first song for the night and the whole gym switched into party mode.

"I'm going in," Tess said taking Clark's hand and pulled him with her into the massive crowd of people. After stopping at some point Clark held Tess close so as to not lose her in the mob. Tess' face was buried in his chest with her arms around his neck as they started swaying to the music. Clark's hands started on Tess' waist, but as the song continued he felt his attraction to Tess starting to take over again and his hands slid down to her a**.

Tess gasped at first when she felt him grab her there and then a smile appeared on her face as she tried to hold Clark even closer to her. Next, Clark spun Tess completely around so that her back was pressed into his chest.

She had one arm around Clark's neck while her other covered the hands on her chest, which started to caress the areas of exposed flesh. Tess could feel Clark's hot breath on her neck and then his lips started kissing all over it. Tess sighed and let her eyes flutter closed. She had been attracted to Clark from the moment she saw him and she could tell that he was attracted to her as well.

Tess had very vivid dreams of the times they nearly kissed and things always went further than that. Right now in this moment things were even better than her dreams. All too soon the song stopped and so did Clark and Tess. And yet they didn't let go of each other. Tess' tongue came out of her mouth and slowly licked her lips. Her hand grasped Clark's leg and squeezed it making Clark gasp this time.

"Those two need to get a room," Jimmy said fighting his way through the mob with the others behind him. One song and the four of them were already exhausted.

"Anyone else surprised by what they saw? That was a different side of Clark," Chloe said.

"Tess just has that effect on people. From what I've heard half the football team was ready to dump their girlfriends like hot rocks when Tess transferred and can you honestly blame them?" Pete asked. Chloe responded by hitting him over the head.

"What did you do that for?" Pete asked.

"It's a family thing. My cousin punches shoulders. I hit heads," Chloe answered. "You guys would probably like her."

_

"Are you planning on stopping any time soon?" Pierce asked Maggie, who was pacing around his cell.

"I've got nothing better to do at the moment, Pierce," she responded. "You know I have to hand it to you. You did a pretty good job covering your tracks. When I saw you as Michael Birtigo you were a totally different person. You having hair did through me off, but your new personality took things further. If the Nicodemus Incident never took place I never would've noticed there was something off about you."

"I guess fortune favored you that day," Pierce said.

"One thing still bugs me, however. Why go to all this trouble Pierce? Killing and impersonating a small town officer. Did you have some big plan in mind that failed to come to fruition because I busted you?"

"I don't have to answer that Margaret. I will say that Metropolis lost someone that could've made a good cop."

"At what cost though Pierce? The world needs people to protect it, but what good are those people if they are just as bad as the ones' they fight?"

"Always the good cop, Margaret. Even back at the academy," Pierce said.

_

If tonight could be summed up in one word it would be this:

Incredible

For once Clark and the gang cut loose and had fun. There weren't any meteor freaks to worry about; secrets that needed to be kept hidden. Nothing. This was the most fun Clark had had in a while and he wished it didn't have to end. While Clark was back in the crowd and the girls all went to the bathroom Pete went over to Jimmy.

"Hey Jimmy. Can I ask you something?" Pete asked.

"Sure. What is it?" Jimmy replied.

"Follow me," Pete said exiting the gym and going to one of the less populated areas of the school. Once he was sure they were alone Pete directly asked, "Are you Chloe's admirer?"

"Me?" Jimmy asked pointing at himself. "I thought it was you."

"Why me?"

"Dude. When you do nothing, but take pictures all your life you notice things that most people wouldn't pay attention to. I've seen the way you've looked at Chloe."

Pete felt his throat go dry and wasn't sure how to respond to Jimmy's claim. Jimmy of course did have a thing for Chloe, but he did not want to complicate things between him and his friend.

Instead somebody else did when a mild gust of wind came out of nowhere and Pete found an envelope in his hands.

"You weren't holding that two seconds ago," Jimmy said.
                          "I know," Pete replied opening it. Inside the envelope was a card that had only five words:

Turn around for the answer

The boys did as they were told and saw a boy dressed in a red hoodie standing several feet away from them. With his hood up they couldn't fully see his face. He waved to the two and then in the blink of an eye was nowhere to be seen.

Both Pete and Jimmy were left with dumbstruck looks on their faces. "Did you just see that?"

"You mean the guy that was there and the poof. He was gone? Yeah." Jimmy answered.

"Hey guys. What are you doing out here?" Lana asked. "I thought I'd never find you. It's almost time for the last song." Jimmy and Pete jogged back inside to rejoin their friends; deciding to keep quiet about what they had seen for the time being until they got everything straight.

"Before I start this final song I'd like to extend my congratulations to Tess Mercer for finally giving our residential b*tch Dawn Stiles what's been coming to her all year!" Leslie announced earning a loud applause from the other students.

"How do they know about that?" Tess asked Chloe as the song started.

"I might've told a few people," Chloe vaguely answered. "Too bad Dawn isn't here to see this."

"But let's not think about that right now," Jimmy said looking at Chloe. "Would you…" He cut himself off looking at Pete. "Actually Chloe, why don't you and Pete dance together," he suggested.

"Really?" They asked at the same time.

"Well you guys went to the homecoming dance together. Might as well finish out the last dance of the year together as well," Jimmy suggested even if it was killing him inside a little directing Chloe into the arms of another guy.

"Alright." Chloe said.

"It's cool with me," Pete said leading her out onto the dance floor. After they left Jimmy looked at Lana and shrugged.

"May I have this dance?" He asked in a goofy fashion. Lana laughed and took his hand.

"Of course," she said and they left only Clark and Tess behind. Clark looked at Tess and no words had to be shared between the two. Clark took her onto the floor and gripped the sides of her waist. Tess sighed and rested her head on Clark's shoulder letting everything fade back except for the music.
                          _

"That's the last of it," Rudy said tossing aside the last of four canisters of gasoline. After making sure the sprinkler system was shut off he struck a match and then dropped it on the floor. Using the few traces of Clark's speed he still had left, he did the same to three other areas of the school.

"So long Smallville High," he laughed as the fire started to spread.
                          _

Tess lifted her head off Clark's shoulder and their eyes locked together. Clark and Tess' gazes intensified as their eyes lingered on the others mouths. Clark wanted to just close the gap and kiss her. He really, really, wanted to, but every attempt always got interrupted.

The same thoughts were running through Tess' mind and yet she found herself standing on her tiptoes and leaning up to Clark's mouth.
                          He was doing the same. They were so close to what they desired and then the fire alarm started blasting.

They both jumped apart still locked in a partial haze. It was then that the smallest traces of something burning started to penetrate Clark's nostrils.

"Do you smell that Tess?" Clark asked. Tess slowly came back to her senses and she could smell it as well.

"Smoke." Realizing the alarm hadn't randomly been pulled Clark quickly x-ray the building and saw a fire in the science lab, the janitor's closet, the principal's office, and one of the hallways. Not only that, but he also saw someone lying down on the floor of the lab. Luckily these areas were in the back of the school so no one would see the fire and panic just yet.

"What are you guys waiting for?" Chloe asked as the students started vacating the gym not realizing there was an actual fire in the building.

"This isn't a prank Chloe," Clark said quietly as he could. The last thing he wanted was to cause a panic. "I can smell smoke. Just keep walking toward the exit and don't say a word."

Chloe nodded knowing that they didn't need to scare everyone into making a break for the exit. As she and Tess went after the other students something made Chloe stop in her tracks and turn around. Clark was gone.

_

Clark sped into the science lab searching for the hurt individual. The fire was growing by the minute and it was obstructing his vision. "Hello! Is anyone in here! ?" He called out.

"Help me," Clark heard someone plead from behind the desk. Clark ran over to it and shoved the desk away to see no one there. Suddenly Clark felt an enormous amount of energy leave him and then he went flying back across the room into the chalk board.

"Hahaha. I knew you'd be too noble to leave this place without checking to make sure there wasn't anyone left behind," Rudy chuckled.

"Rudy. Why are you doing this?" Clark groaned gripping another desk to pull himself up.

"Well I always hated this school and now that I have this power I can have whatever I want. And with your powers I don't have to worry about being arrested now do I?" He asked and then he super sped at Clark again. Clark grabbed his arm, keeping his hand an inch from his face.

"Stop this Rudy. It isn't you." Clark said forcing back Rudy's hands.

"You're right. It's not Rudy, but it is The Parasite!" He yelled and kicked Clark in the chest. Things went into slow motion as Clark's mouth hung wide open from the blow.

He soared backward and crashed back into the board, which gave way making Clark crash into the next classroom.

Rudy snickered seeing the tough guy writhing in pain and left the burning science lab.

_

By now the entire dance had been evacuated while they waited for the fire department to show up and shut off the alarm.

"Man can you guys really believe someone would up and pull the fire alarm?" Pete asked. "Who'd do something as stupid as that?"

"Got me," Jimmy said shrugging his shoulders. "Have you seen CK anywhere?"

"I thought he was with the girls," Pete said.

"Sh*t. I hoped he was with you," Chloe said joining up with them with Tess and Lana behind her.

"Why do you sound so worried?" Pete asked not sure he was going to like the answer.

"Oh my God! Look!" A girl screamed pointing at the school. Smoke was coming out from it.

"That's why," Tess answered. "That alarm wasn't pulled. A fire somehow got started."

"You don't think Clark was stupid enough to check and make sure no one was left behind do you?" Jimmy asked.

"He's Clark. What do you think?" Chloe asked looking back at the school with worry.

"Guys? Where's Tess?" Lana asked.

"She was just here a second ago… oh crud," was what left Jimmy's mouth as he saw her pushing through the crowd until she got to the entrance.

_

"Clark!" Tess shouted out hoping he'd hear her. "Clark!" She yelled again; still nothing. She ran as fast as possible trying to not breathe in what little smoke had reached the entrance to the school. She ran further down the hallways calling out Clark's name and wound up inhaling some of the smoke. She started coughing badly and braced herself against the wall to keep herself up.

She continued forward until she got close to the science lab where she heard the sound of someone struggling. Tess took one step forward and then something hard rammed against the back of her head. Tess fell unconscious to the floor and her body was tossed into the nearest room.

"Sorry Tess. Nothing personal," Whitney said slamming the door shut.

_

"Just give up Clark. It'll be a lot less painful," Rudy said standing over Clark. Clark quickly shot up punching Rudy in the right side of his mouth. His head jerked to the side and blood flew out his mouth and onto the floor. Rudy growled at Clark and shot a punch at him. Clark dodged it and grabbed Rudy's arm, but he threw another punch with his left fist.

On instinct Clark held up his arm to block it, but Rudy seized it instead draining more of Clark's powers. Clark yanked his hand out of Rudy's grip, but felt very dizzy. Clark swung out his fist only Rudy dodged it with little effort and slammed his elbow into Clark's spin almost breaking it.

Clark forced himself to stand clutching his back. They both entered super speed and clashed ten times in the room. They hit one another in some of the most vulnerable areas. Clark hit Rudy's jaw. Rudy hit Clark in the heart. Clark kicked him in straight in the face and Rudy hit Clark right in the throat. One final clash and Clark fell out of super speed and flew up into the ceiling. He dodged Rudy, who ran under him and fell down by his feet.

Clark kicked Rudy as hard as he could in the knee forcing him to his feet. Clark shot up landing an uppercut on Rudy forcing him to undamaged part of the blackboard. Rudy dodged Clark's punch making his fist go through the board. He kneed Clark in the stomach and took hold of Clark's foot. With one swing he tossed Clark near the window. He ran again, caught Clark's feet and body slammed him through the teacher's desk disorienting the weakened Clark even more. Rudy's mouth twitched into a smile and he sped at Clark carrying them both off to another section of the school.

_

Chloe and the others were nail bitingly nervous as they waited for their friends to come out of the building. The fire had spread now so they could see the smoke coming out of the entrance. They could hear the sirens of the fire trucks in the distance, but that wasn't making the group feel any calmer.

The class had backed away to a safe distance, but Chloe, Jimmy, Pete, and Lana stayed as close as possible. Jimmy could see the look in Chloe's eyes and stepped in her path.

"I know that look Chloe and if you take one step towards that building I will stop you," Jimmy said.

"I can't just stand here and wait for them. What if they're hurt?" Chloe was holding onto hope that Clark was the meteor infected student she had been trying to find since the homecoming dance, but if he was then what was taking so long for him to get out?

"Chloe there's nothing you can do," Lana attempted to reason also standing in her way. "Besides the fire department is here," she said pointing to the trucks behind Chloe. Chloe turned and saw them coming into view and sighed when she felt something graze past her shoulder.

Chloe uneasily turned her attention back to her friends and gasped. A gaping bullet wound was clearly visible in Lana's chest blanketing her white dress in blood. Lana looked just as shocked as Chloe and then collapsed to the street. Jimmy and Pete immediately dashed off towards the arriving ambulance while Chloe immediately started putting pressure on Lana's wound.

Far off in the distance a lone sniper smiled and pulled out his cell phone while disappearing into the dark.

_

Pierce felt his cell phone vibrate and made sure no one was looking at first. Seeing that Maggie was temporarily not in sight he pulled it out of his jacket pocket and read the incoming text message.

Got her boss.

Pierce smiled and replied back 'excellent work.' He discretely hid his cell phone again before any of the staff could see him.

"You look happy," Maggie said stepping in front of his cell drinking a cup of coffee.

"I'm just thinking about how I will be out of this jail cell way before you even get a chance to transfer me to a maximum security prison," he bragged.

"Dream on Pierce," Maggie said.

_

"Hang on Lana! Do you hear me! ?" Chloe shouted at her. Lana's eyes were closed and Chloe could no longer feel a pulse. "Damn it Lana! You can't do this!" Chloe shouted covering Lana's bullet wound again.

Chloe was never one to believe in miracles, but one manifested itself before Chloe's eyes in the form of a bright light that emitted from her own two hands. Lana's eyes slowly opened and she slowly began to breathe again.

Chloe felt dizzy and feint and almost toppled over when the paramedics reached her and Lana. Chloe followed them into the truck as they loaded the still clinging to life, if barely, Lana on board. The ambulance took off for the hospital and Chloe looked at her violently shaking hands.

Did I just do what I thought I just did, she nervously thought.

_

Rudy tossed Clark's damaged stature into the area by the pool, which was surprisingly not on fire yet. Clark never felt so weak before in his life. He could only feel a small amount of his strength left. Rudy had practically stolen all of it from him.

"Rudy. Please," Clark begged. "You aren't a killer."

"Who said anything about killing?" Rudy asked. "I'm keeping you alive so I can keep feeding off you Clark. Turns out my draining doesn't last forever. I'm like a battery that has to recharge constantly," he said.

"Rudy!" Whitney shouted out walking in on the two.

"What are you doing here?" Rudy asked facing him.

"Some unfinished business with me and Clark," he answered. Whitney started to cough violently suggesting he breathed in a lot of the smoke.

"Well he's mine so…ahhh!" Rudy groaned falling to the floor feeling a lot of his strength starting to leave him. Clark felt just like Rudy only ten times worse. Clark saw Lana's necklace in Whitney's right hand.

"I'm giving you once chance to leave right now Rudy," Whitney offered. Rudy crawled as far away from Whitney as he could and felt his strength start to return. He looked at Clark and decided to leave now then get hit with whatever made him feel weak; wasn't worth dying in this fire.

"Hopefully I'll see you around Kent," Rudy said and was gone.

"Whitney, no," Clark whispered.

"Shut up! SHUT UP!" Whitney roared at him. "You ruined my life Kent. I had everything going my way until you had to destroy it all at homecoming!" He shouted and punched Clark in the face with every last drop of hate he could muster with the hand the necklace was in. He repeated it three more times until Clark felt dizzy and weak.

His vision became a blurry mess and the only thing he could see clearly was the green glow of Lana's necklace. Whitney kicked Clark onto his back and then pulled out some rope. He tied Clark's hands behind his back and then tied his legs together.

"Hope one of your powers involves being able to hold your breath for a long time Clark."

Clark couldn't believe this. Not only did Whitney somehow remember what happened during homecoming, but he was also acting as if he was still infected from the Nicodemus flower.

That thought stuck with Clark and to be sure he strained himself to use his X-Ray vision despite the necklace making him weaker. He saw small traces of the flower's spores still in Whitney's system.

"Whitney. Y-you have to li-listen t- to me," Clark stuttered almost out of strength. Whitney responded by tying the necklace around Clark's neck and then punching him once more.

"Have a nice swim," he said and knocked Clark into the water. Clark was too weak to do anything. Too weak to break the ropes. Too weak to even attempt to swim all the way up for air. Everything started fading to black for Clark and he let his eyes close shut.

To Be Continued…

In Alternate Season 2!

A/N: And here I am thinking I could never finish a story. I hope you all enjoyed the twists we had in this chapter from the introduction of Bart Allen, to Pierce's second accomplice, to the file 'Project Mercer' and of course Chloe's power manifesting itself early.

I'd like to thank Chlollie who suggested I do that for this story when I originally started it. Unfortunately Chlollie got banned months ago so she won't even know I'm thanking her. I'll see you guys all soon with the start of the second Alternate Season!
                          Last edited by protector91; 04-10-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

This update is awesome!! Tess and Dawn catfight! So much action! Lana shot! Cless Cless Cless! Antagonists everywhere! Unbelievable cliffhanger! NOOOOO! HELP CLARK!

Chloe responded by hitting him over the head.

"What did you do that for?" Pete asked.

"It's a family thing. My cousin punches shoulders. I hit heads," Chloe answered.
                            !!

PPMS!

Comment

Awesome!!! Can't wait for season 2!!!!

Comment

Read it last night (on my phone), but didn't get a chance to comment on the update until now. It was pretty awesome; so many things going on. Dawn-Tess fight, Pierce (what's that man up to?), Rudy-Clark fight, Whitney, Chloe's secret admirer (I was actually surprise by this, I thought it was going to be Jimmy ), the line's about the red-white-blue dress and the Lois' reference by Chloe, the Clark-Tess dance (hot!!), and the ending... wow!

I'm glad you are continuing this in the form of second season, can't wait to see what you have in store. Will you be introducing Red K? Will Clark be still developing his powers (Heat)?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎