Alternate Pilot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Ppms!!

Comment

Can't believe I haven't found this story before now! It's wonderful, can't wait to see where you are going with it.

Comment

Please write more!

Comment

Originally posted by sportswizard1983
          great update!!!

sportswizrd wheres ur avi from ive never seen it ive missed the last few eps of sv...

Comment

Originally posted by lana4ever
            sportswizrd wheres ur avi from ive never seen it ive missed the last few eps of sv...
            So, when you say the last few eps.. you mean 'Luthor', too? You've actually not seen Luthor???!!! The masterpiece for Clessers all around? Seriously. Go. Watch. Now.

p.s. to answer your question, the avi is from the episode 10.10 'Luthor'.

Comment

love this

cant wait for the update

Comment

This is great so far. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Just read this story and it's great. The changes you made on the episodes make them seem fresh and of course, I love the Cless. Like the meeting between Jimmy and Eric, and Chloe's comment about how far metropolis was. Very funny. PPMS!

Comment

Thanks for all the awesome feedback everyone. I'll try to get the next chapter of the story posted some time this week. It'll be a little tough due to my next semester of college starting tommorow, but I'll see what I can do. See ya then!

Comment

Originally posted by Buziel0809
                      Just read this story and it's great. The changes you made on the episodes make them seem fresh and of course, I love the Cless. Like the meeting between Jimmy and Eric, and Chloe's comment about how far metropolis was. Very funny. PPMS!
                      I was wondering if anyone laughed at those two jokes. Glad you liked them.

Comment

“Maggie, are you ok?” her partner and friend Dan Turpin asked.

“I’m fine Dan,” Maggie mumbled into her desk. Dan knew he was going to regret this probably, but he reached forward and pulled up Maggie’s head by the hair. He gasped at the sight of her blood shot eyes and almost dropped her head.

“How much sleep have you been getting?” He asked her.

“Not much since the Nicodemus incident,” she answered then gave out a long yawn. These past few weeks Maggie had been trying and failing to find out something about Deputy Michael Birtigo.

There was just something achingly familiar about him, but she couldn’t place it. But every search she conducted always turned out to be a dead end. It was almost as if he came from out of nowhere.

“Was there something that you needed?” She asked him trying to stay awake.

“I just came to tell you that I have someone I know trying to find out something on Birtigo,” he answered.

“Really? Why?” Maggie asked him.

“Because you’re my friend Maggie and I don’t want this obsession of yours getting you hurt,” he said.

“Thanks, Dan,” Maggie said with a smile. “Is this guy of yours reliable?”

“100%”

“Who is he?”

“Let’s just say he’s from out of town.”

“Like where?”

“Like Gotham,” Dan replied and then he left before Maggie could question him any further. Maggie sighed and rubbed her eyes. Now that Dan had someone else working on the Birtigo mystery she could focus now on the latest missing person report. The car of one Chloe Ann Sullivan was found abandoned just outside of Metropolis. Her friend Jimmy Olson had also been reported missing since yesterday.
                        _

Lana stepped inside the empty Torch. Normally Chloe would be in here diligently writing her next article despite the fact that the principal might not even let her put it into the paper. Regardless that never stopped Chloe. But today it was devoid of life and Lana was very worried. The thing that worried her the most was that when she was in the hospital she had a brief vision of Chloe and Jimmy locked in a struggle with two armed men.

She thought she was just imagining things, but then it happened again that same night making Lana tell Clark and Tess about it. Neither of them was sure what to think of it, but almost an hour later Chloe’s car was found abandoned and the people at the Daily Planet said Chloe never showed up for her interview. Chloe’s father immediately filed a missing person’s report in both Smallville and Metropolis and now all they could do was wait.

“I thought I might find you in here,” Lana heard Tess say.

“Tess,” Lana said turning around. “What’s up?” She asked.

“It’s something that I’ve been meaning to talk to you about. I know that it sort of seems out of place given recent events, but I just feel the need to get this off my chest.”

“What is it?” Lana asked her.

“Remember when you asked me what I thought of Clark?”

“Yes,” Lana replied wondering where Tess was going with this though she had an idea.

“The truth is.” Tess barely started her response before a frightened expression appeared on Lana’s face and she almost collapsed to the floor. Tess caught her and called out Lana’s name, but she seemed to be off in another world.
                        _

Lana was in a dark room. There seemed to be a bunch of stuffed animals all over the place.

“I know you’re in here kid. Might as well stop trying to hide,” a man said in a garbled voice. The person heard approaching feet and turned around to block a punch from Jimmy. He grabbed him by the throat and shoved him against the wall.

“Chloe, run!” Jimmy shouted to her as the man stabbed a syringe into Jimmy’s neck and injected him with something that knocked him out cold. The man whipped his head to the right spotting Chloe heading for the exit.

“Stop her!” He shouted. A second man appeared in the man’s line of sight and shot Chloe in the back with a tazer. He dragged Chloe by the feet over to the other guy.

“You were supposed to be watching them,” he said in a cold fashion.

“The Olson kid surprised me,” he replied dropping Jimmy to the floor.

“Well make sure there aren’t any more surprises,” the other man said. He walked away and after about a minute came back dragging in a metal coffin.
                        _

“Lana!” Tess shouted and then slapped Lana.

“Ow!” Lana yelled back.

“Sorry. You weren’t answering me. You were in some sort of trance for the last three minutes. Was it another vision?”

“Yes. I saw it. I saw everything,” Lana breathed out.

“What did you see?"

“I had this vision; this intense vision,” Lana explained trying to catch her breath. “I saw Chloe and Jimmy being attacked.”

"Did you see where they were?" Tess asked her.

"I saw where they were being held, but I don't what the place was."
                        _

Lana spent the next several hours trying to fully remember what she saw in her vision.

While she, Clark, and Tess tried to discover what truly happened to their friends Rudy Jones was making a few discoveries of his own. Rudy had just finished draining the energy from a few teenagers, who were unfortunate enough to cross his path. He didn’t drain them enough to kill them, but he took enough energy to feed himself. Rudy found himself feeling stronger and faster than ever before.

Not only that, but he discovered that he also absorbed the memories and knowledge locked inside their brains. There was literally nothing on Earth that anyone could keep hidden from him. He was very much angry when he first woke up from that coma, but now he’s really starting to like this.
                        _

Chloe’s friends back in grade school always said that her curiosity was going to land her in trouble one of these days. She was glad they couldn’t see her now because they’d be giving her a big fat ‘I told you so’.

Those creeps that attacked her and Jimmy had sedated both of them and placed them into a metal coffin. They then buried them both alive with the only source of light being the green glow of some of the left over liquid in a syringe they left in the coffin.

They must’ve used the majority of the sedative on Jimmy because Chloe wasn’t out cold. Quite the contrary she was still awake and aware of everything. On the outside she may appear to be calm, but she was screaming on the inside. No one knew that she and Jimmy were trapped down here and by the time someone discovered this coffin it would be much too late.

Chloe could feel tears streaming down her face as she thought about how she was going to die before she had a chance to actually do anything in life.

“This totally sucks,” Chloe thought as she looked at Jimmy. He was still out; all the good he’d be in here. Chloe felt her body start to regain some of its movement, but she didn’t bother to try anything. She’d only waste energy trying to get out of this inescapable situation. Instead she just closed her eyes and let her mind drift off.

“Clark; if there was ever a time for you to be the meteor freak now would be that time,” she thought.
                        _

Clark super sped up to the top of the windmill, which over looked the entire field. If Lana’s vision was right then Chloe and Jimmy were buried were buried somewhere here. Clark used his X-Ray vision and scanned the entire field until he spotted them.

Clark was back down the windmill in seconds and plunged his fist into the spot where Chloe and Jimmy were buried. He pulled with all his strength and opened the coffin.
                        Chloe’s eyes slowly opened and all the fear in her heart instantly disappeared when she saw Clark.

“Clark. I knew it would be you. It’s always you,” she said tearfully as she threw her arms around him. After hugging Clark for a few seconds she broke away and tried to pull Jimmy out of the coffin as well.

“I’ve got him,” Clark said carefully pulling Jimmy out. “Is he ok?”

“Yes. Just heavily sedated,” Chloe answered trying to stay calm though the fear still slowly came back.

Out in the distance one of Chloe and Jimmy’s captors watched the entire scene through a pair of binoculars.

“How the Hell did the plan go so wrong?” he said.

“It doesn’t matter now. Best we leave it alone or we could risk getting ourselves arrested,” his partner said.
                        _

“Well you certainly picked a good time to take a walk on the weird side,” Chloe said to Lana as she lay in her hospital bed. She was also saying that to Clark, but he wouldn't know that given how he didn’t know that she knows about whatever powers he might possess. Jimmy was still unconcious from the sedatives, but the doctors said he should wake up in about an hour or so.

“Thanks, I think,” Lana said. “Do you have any idea why you and Jimmy were kidnapped?”

“One of them said that he wanted us to stop snooping around in other people’s business,” Chloe answered.

“What did he mean by that?” Clark asked her.

“These past few weeks Jimmy and I had been looking into the disappearances of people that were meteor infected. We thought that Luthor Corp. might be involved. That’s probably what he meant. I told him I’d stop when I was dead and buried and he said that could be arranged,” Chloe said then closed her eyes trying not to think about that gruesome memory.

“Maybe I can talk to Lex,” Tess said.

“Are you kidding?” Chloe asked. “If he is involved there’s no way he’d willingly admit it.”

“But what would Lex want with meteor freaks?” She asked.

“I don’t know,” Chloe responded. “But I aim to find out.”

“Hold on Chloe. Your investigating almost got you killed. I think you really should back off of this,” Clark said.

“I’m not going to let myself be intimidated by a couple of guys in funny looking masks,” Chloe said.

“But they could strike back at any time and we’ll have no idea when.”

“As far as I can tell I still have my power,” Lana said. “I could still have another vision.”

“But we still have no idea who this guy is,” Clark said.

“Not yet,” Tess said. “I did a little research and I found this article about these people that claimed to share a psychic link during times of stress. You might share a link with the kidnapper.”

“I remembered seeing meteor rocks at the sight of the explosion,” Lana said. “That means that I might share a link with one of those people from that day.”
                        “Do you remember who got to you first?” Clark asked.

“It was either Gary Watts or Michael Birtigo. I can’t remember which one though.”

“Oh sh*t,” Chloe cursed.

“What is it?” Clark asked.

“Watts and Birtigo were here to question me about the attack remember. We told them everything; even Lana’s power.”

“That means one of them might come after me,” Lana panicked.

“Calm down Lana,” Clark said to her. “Alright. Right now your best bet is to go home and stay there. I can give you a ride back in my truck, but first I need to call the sheriff.”

“I’ll stay with Chloe in case one of them comes here,” Tess offered.
                        “Thanks Tess,” Chloe said smiling a little. Lana stood up to go wait in the parking lot while Clark started to call the sheriff with his cell phone. She was little more than 2 feet out of the hospital when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Hello again Ms. Lang,” Birtigo greeted. Lana gulped and calmly moved his hand from her shoulder.

“Deputy Birtigo. What do you want?” She asked starting to walk away from him, but not too far from the hospital.

“Just checking up on you guys again. Seeing if you've had any more visions of Chloe’s attacker,” he said.

“Well if I have any more you’ll be the first to know,” Lana said as calmly as she could then suddenly felt a splitting head ache.
                        _

The guy was walking behind Deputy Birtigo. Before he had a chance to act he was tazed from behind. Now he and Lana were face to face. She tried to run, but he caught her arm and pulled her back into him. He injected her with a small dose of a sedative and threw her into a cop car.
                        _

It took him a good ten minutes to get through, but Clark finally managed to notify the sheriff of the situation. “I let the sheriff know about Watts and Birtigo. All we can do now is wait,” he informed Chloe. Suddenly Michael came staggering into the room.

“Why are you here?” Chloe asked; heart starting to race out of fear.

“I came to make sure you were ok. Some nut tazed me outside ten minutes ago and took Lana,” he said rubbing the still stinging spot.

“Deputy Birtigo. It’s your partner. He’s the one that Lana’s been having visions of,” Clark told him.

“Gary? What makes you think it was him?” Michael asked.

“Lana developed a connection with him due to the meteor rocks. She wasn’t just having visions. She was literally seeing everything through his eyes.”

“Do you know where Deputy Watts might be?” Clark asked.

“I don’t know. He could be anywhere.”

“Hold on,” Chloe said. “When Jimmy and I were being held captive I remember seeing a bunch of stuffed animals. It looked like something you’d see at a…”

“A fair,” Clark finished for her.

“Gary does have a job as a night watch man at the fairgrounds,” Michael said and then Clark shot up.

“Get the sheriff,” Clark said before racing out of the room.

“He does that a lot,” Chloe said to the Deputy.
                        _
                        When Lana regained conciousness she realized she was in a fun house. Her hands were tapped together and there didn't appear to be another soul in sight.

"Hello Lana," She heard a familiar voice say.

"Deputy Watts," She gasped as he walked into her eye sight. "Why did you take me?"

"I couldn't risk you having another vision now could I," he said.

"Why did you kidnap Chloe and Jimmy?" Lana decided to ask.

"I didn't want to hurt them. I didn't even want money. I wanted to rescue them," he admitted.

"You kidnapped them just so you could take the credit for finding them?" Lana asked sounded disguested.

"I could have been a good cop!" He shouted into her face. "The best cop this town has ever seen. This case would have made. My. Career," he said and turned his back on her.

"But it doesn't matter now. I can still be the hero."

“What are you going to do Deputy Watts?” Lana asked never sounding more scared in her life.

“Solve your murder,” he said un-holstering his gun making Lana’s eyes almost bulge out of her head.

“No please,” she begged holding up her hands. Watts aimed his weapon and was prepared to fire when Lana’s hands started to glow green.

“What the Hell?” He asked noticing her hands. The glow started to increase until a burst of energy fired out of them hitting Watts in the chest knocking him into the air and crashing on top of a nearby table. Lana looked at her hands with a horrified expression.

“What did I…what did I just do?” She whispered to herself.

“Lana!?” She heard Clark call out.

“I’m in here!” She yelled to him and he dashed into the room while Watts made a break for it.

“Lana? Are you alright?” He asked unbinding her hands.

“Clark. It’s Watts. Deputy Watts,” she said.

“Stay here,” Clark told her and ran back outside to find Deputy Watts. “It’s over Watts!” He yelled out. “The police are already on their way!” After he said this he felt something bounce off his back. He turned around and saw a multitude of bullets speeding towards him. Clark just stood there and took every shot. To his surprise the bullets didn’t break against his chest. Instead they bounced off it.

“What in the world are you?” Deputy Watts asked as the sound of Police sirens grew louder. He tried to make a run for it, but Clark sped over to him, grabbed his shoulder and threw him into one of the stands.

Clark sped from the scene just as the cops arrived.

Meanwhile Lana stood back up just as she felt another headache.
                        _
                        “Gary, drop the gun!” The sheriff ordered.

Deputy Watts let out a loud yell as he raised his own gun up to fire. The sheriff never allowed him to get off a shot and shot the man in the eye severing his and Lana’s connection for good.
                        _

Lana took a sigh of relief that she’d no longer be plagued by the connection between her and Deputy Watts, but that was the least of her worries. What had she done to him? Was she truly a meteor freak? Her question was answered in the form of her hands starting to glow green again and then another burst of energy shot out of them making her jump.

“Oh God,” she whispered.

Clark ran back into the funhouse and knelt in front of the still shaking Lana.

“Are you alright?” He asked putting his hands on her shoulders. Lana gave him a small nod though she was far from alright. But she couldn’t tell Clark.

“Did you find Gary’s partner?” She asked him shifting the subject away from here.

“There was no one else here,” Clark said taking a look around the fun house. He saw no sign of anybody else.

“Anyone in here?” The sheriff asked.

“Over here,” Lana called out finally starting to calm down as the cops entered the fun house.
                        _

Metropolis P.D.

“Good evening Margaret,” Dan said standing in front of her desk. “I’ve got some good news for you.”

“Great. I could use some good news right about now,” the still tired detective said.

“My guy came through,” he said placing a folder on her desk.

“This’ll finally give us some answers on Birtigo?” She asked now seeming full of energy.

“Look and find out.” Maggie did so and after a few minutes her eyes widened.

“Son of a bit*h.”

“What is it?”
                        _

The Mansion sometime later

Gary’s partner like always barged into Lex’s private study without even bothering to knock. To his surprise Lex wasn’t sitting at his desk like normal. A hand grabbed his shoulder and shoved him up against the wall.

“Lex! What the hell!?” He shouted. Lex punched him in the face and shoved him to the floor. He pulled out a gun and aimed it at the guy’s head.

“Your mission was to intimidate Chloe and Jimmy. You weren’t supposed to kidnap Lana!” He shouted and kicked him in the face making him spit out blood.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t put a bullet in your brain right now, Birtigo!”
                        “I had nothing to do with it! It was all Gary! You need me and you know it!” He shouted at Lex. Lex clenched his teeth and started pulling back on the trigger. Just when he was about to fire he released it and lowered the gun. Michael pulled himself to his feet and wiped away some of the blood.

“Gary was a desperate man. When I suggested we do this to boost his career I had no idea he’d take things that far. I wanted to stop him, but I didn’t want to risk getting compromised.”

Lex took a deep breath and walked over to the table to pour himself a drink. “I trust your identity hasn’t been compromised Michael.”

“Mr. Luthor it’s just us. We don’t have to use that alias of mine.”

“As you wish Pierce,” Lex said taking a sip of his drink.

“And you don’t have to worry about my identity. I made sure I wasn’t exposed.”

“Is there anything else that you wish to tell me?” Lex asked.

Pierce thought back to when he spotted Lana using her power after Gary had been shot. Neither she nor Kent knew he was watching them. He considered telling Lex about it, but after seeing the way he acted about her being kidnapped, Pierce knew he wouldn’t do anything about her. So he decided to keep it to himself.

“No sir. There was nothing at all,” he lied. “You may not do anything about the freak, but I will,” he thought.

To Be Continued…

A/N: I apologize for the lack of Clark and Tess interactions this chapter, but I'll make up for that during my re-write of Tempest. I can't say much about what will happen during that chapter though I will say the Tornado won't be invovled this go around.

That and the Parasite strikes!

Also the guy who played Micahel Birtigo in 'Obscura' also played Pierce during season 7's 'Traveler'. Anyway see ya soon!
                        Last edited by protector91; 01-10-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Oh boy Clark better be careful! With Parasite on the prowl he'll absorb Clarks powers in no time! Good update here

Comment

Obscura has to be one of my favourite episodes, you did well with it! Can't wait to read more...

Comment

great update !!!! can't wait for more

Comment

Loved that last update. I like how you include the cops more and I loved how revealed Michael as Pierce. According to that last line, I'm guessing your taking him into that psycho persona he was in Traveler? PPMS.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎