Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess "Smallville has something against babies...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess "Smallville has something against babies...

Ever notice how babies rarely ever survive on this show? Jonathan and Martha lost the baby when Clark made the decision to destroy the ship back in Season 2. The Lexana baby in Season 6 turned out to be a desperate ploy by Lex to keep Lana interested. And in this episode, Zod murders his own child. ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE A NORMAL PREGNANCY?!?

Originally posted by KalEltheBoyscout
    ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE A NORMAL PREGNANCY?!?
    Ageless is as normal as we will get

Comment

The baby in that episode came to full term. Here's a question. Was the baby conceived before or after Zod gained powers from conspiracy? Cause Faora never had powers except in Pandora. So if Zod had powers when the child was conceived, it would have been a hybrid. Faora never said how far along she was. It would have been interesting if she mentioned or it was later revealed the baby was a hybrid, meaning Clark might think he could have children with a human. I really think they should bring back Dax-Ur as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
        The baby in that episode came to full term. Here's a question. Was the baby conceived before or after Zod gained powers from conspiracy? Cause Faora never had powers except in Pandora. So if Zod had powers when the child was conceived, it would have been a hybrid. Faora never said how far along she was. It would have been interesting if she mentioned or it was later revealed the baby was a hybrid, meaning Clark might think he could have children with a human. I really think they should bring back Dax-Ur as well.
        no, it wouldn't matter still kryptonian, and to gain powers was through blood, naturally the child would have gained, or retained previous genetics and the blood seems cancel out suppression of blue k.

Anyway, I agree they have baby issues. but, suppose there's no time to draw out the baby scenario. Lex had kids in Lexmas, right?
        Last edited by Dominicus; 08-10-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Lex had a son and Lana died giving birth to their daughter. So are you saying that Zod and Faora's child would have gained powers eventually or no?

Comment

Lex had a son and Lana died giving birth to their daughter. So are you saying that Zod and Faora's child would have gained powers eventually or no?
            I'm saying it's full-blooded kryptonian. If Faora inherited power through zod's blood, so would the child naturally as genetically and biologically, it's Kryptonian. Blue k only suppresses the kryptonian power, it doesn't change kryptonian genetics, DNA and/or biology, and it's process is reversible. They are still alien and are not human, just mimic humans especially when the power is suppressed. In truth the child may, or may not have even had been effected by Blue-k. Either way, once Zod spread his powers through blood, Blue-k process was reversed. In other words, their power was restored.

Comment

Originally posted by KalEltheBoyscout
              ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE A NORMAL PREGNANCY?!?
              I guess the question is: are we ever going to see a normal character that remains normal?

Pete was normal and became a meteor infected elastic boy
              Chloe was normal and became a super hacker
              Martha was normal and became the Red Queen
              Johnathan was a normal farmer and died a senator. Along the way he gained and lost super powers
              Lionel was a normal villain and became Jor-el's vessel.
              Lana was normal girl and doned a power suit
              Shelby was a regular male dog and became a female
              Even Lois lost her normalcy at some point when she was posessed by faora.

This is Samllville. Nothing that is normal stays normal for too long.

Comment

Faora wasn't given powers in this timeline. Zod slept with her but didn't trust her with powers. So unless powers can be spread by sex, the baby would have been half and half.

Comment

Faora wasn't given powers in this timeline. Zod slept with her but didn't trust her with powers. So unless powers can be spread by sex, the baby would have been half and half.
                  Happened to Kate Godwin (AKA Coagula).

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                    I guess the question is: are we ever going to see a normal character that remains normal?

Johnathan was a normal farmer and died a senator. Along the way he gained and lost super powers

The bolded part made me

Comment

Um, no, it's full-blooded Kryptionian regardless of powers. They're aliens, not humans, the biology is all different, powers or not. If Zod had child with Tess then it would've been a mixed bred. The child would have the same abilities and even to gain powers as the other kryptonians. The difference is powers, not alteration of a species. You have to realize they still had abilities, only under a red sun, blue k reverses the effects of what strengthens them, the yellow sun. Before it was believed Blue/k would strip powers completely, however season 9 revealed it doesn't, it just reverses the properties, instead of being empowered by the yellow sun, they were weakened by it, and gained their strength with power of the red sun, the purpose of the solar-towers.

However, the blood of Clark cleansed to blue-k effect. That's all, it didn't make them more or less kryptonian.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover

I agree

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎