No announcement yet.

Falling

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling

The story starts after Infamous, after Clark stands Lois up at the Café. Three months have passed. This is real time mixed with AU so no Doomsday, but Chloe and Jimmy are still married, and also JLA still exists. It was brainiac who crashed Chloe’s wedding and he was destroyed by Clark and the Legion. Lana still left after the powersuit and being infected by green Kryptonite.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. .

The Ace of Clubs was heaving with people, the music beating loudly, mixed with chatter and laughter of the bar, friends shouting greetings to friends across the crowded dance floor, waiters dodging happily drunk people as they served drinks on the tables, and at booths in corners of the club, people out in the balcony smoking, and talking and drinking. The lights were low, the music was loud and everyone was having a good time.

Everyone apart from Clark Kent.

‘Chloe, I’m going home’ he told his best friend who was bopping away to music, sitting next to him at one of the booths.

‘Clark, we just got here, and Jimmy’s gone to get more drinks and Ollie’s joining us later with Dinah, don’t be such a killjoy’ she said with a smile and a sigh, shaking her head slightly when she saw him get up.

‘Sit down Clark’ she said pulling him down by the arm, ‘if you think I’m going to let you go back to the barn to bounce that ball on your own, think again buddy, you’re going to have a good time even if it kills you….which of course is impossible so you’ll have a good time and sit down!!’ she scolded.

Clark sighed, sitting back down with a grimace. It wasn’t that he didn’t appreciate Chloe trying to get him out of the barn, and out of himself, but this was another cheery up-lifting charity event for Clark Kent he could have done without.

He looked up as Chloe shouted a hello and saw Oliver and Dinah walking over to join them, followed by Jimmy carrying a tray of drinks,

‘Hey, party’s getting started’ Oliver said taking a drink and downing it in one, ‘Hey Clark, why the long face?’ he added sitting down,

‘Oh don’t mind him, he’s just miserable’ Chloe replied with a smirk.

‘Thanks Chloe’ he said with half a smile, trying to enjoy the evening, when he’d rather be alone at the farm by himself. He looked around impulsively, as if he was searching for someone else.

‘Is…is Lois coming too?’ he asked, ‘not like her to miss a good drinking session’ he added with a smile as the others laughed.

‘Oh, whatever Lois is doing right now, I’m sure she’s having a good session’ Chloe replied smirking, letting out a laugh when the others looked at her, their eyebrows raised.

‘Lois is on a date’ she said laughing,

‘Who’s the poor chump this time?’ Jimmy asked, letting out a squeal when Chloe hit him on the arm lightly for slandering her cousin,

‘Oh yeah, we ran into her at the Talon when we called for you, she looked good, all legs and red dress, who’s the lucky fella?’ Oliver asked helping himself to another drink,

‘I heard he’s quite the playboy’ Dinah said with a smile,

‘No, more like he’s quite the billionaire, Ollie, you have competition’ Chloe replied with a laugh at Oliver who groaned,

‘Not the wonder boy of Gotham, not Bruce Wayne?’ he asked sitting up straight, his full attention on Chloe.

‘The very one’ she said sitting back, ‘he’s been wooing her for weeks now, flowers, presents, the full works, I’d say she’s quite taken with him. They met at the fundraiser in Gotham for underprivileged kids and she’s been talking about his humanitarian spirit, what a hero he was, how they shared the same principles ever since, though I’d say he’s more interested in more than her principles’ Chloe replied as everyone laughed, calling for more drinks.

No one noticed that Clark had walked out onto the balcony on his own.

He breathed in deeply as the fresh breeze off the balcony cooled his face, ruffling his hair, glad to be away from the noise inside. The moon was out, casting a glow onto Metropolis, competing with the glow of the street lamps and the neon lights of the club. He walked over to the edge and looked out onto the city.

So, Lois was on a date with the guy who’d been sending her flowers, who she’d been talking to Chloe about for weeks it seemed. Clark brushed away the unreasonable thought that entered his head just then, a faint anger that she had not let on to him that she was thinking of dating this Bruce Wayne.

He had stood behind her that night, on the pavement by the café, watching her waiting for him, his body rooted to the spot, his mind in confusion about what he wanted to do, feeling her sadness when he had sent that text telling her he couldn’t make it, and feeling a mixture of disappointment and confusion when she lied and sent him back a text telling him she wasn’t coming. And he walked away from her that night, his mind numb and in darkness and confusion.

Lana was gone from his life forever. That he had accepted, his Blur duties keeping him busy day and night, not dwelling on her departure. Her absence had left a hole inside him but Clark didn’t know what he was grieving for. Was he grieving for Lana, or was he grieving for something which he couldn’t define?

And Lois had bounced in the next day, pretending nothing was wrong, started to nag him more often, punched him on the arm more when she was pleased with his work, made a great deal of the dates she went on, teasing him about being lovelorn, and Clark found it difficult to talk to her seriously, to try to explain why he didn’t meet her that night even though he had stood there in the darkness watching her, her slender body, the disappointed hang of her head, had watched her for the longest time that she sat there, thinking about him.

It was as if Lois had switched off a part of her emotions, and she was closed to him. And now Clark was unsure; was Lois protecting her own feelings, or were her feelings, whatever they were, had gone and she was just being her normal self?

And now, Bruce Wayne. Lois hadn’t mentioned him the way she’d mentioned her other dates, acting coy every time a bunch of flowers arrived for her, and to hear Chloe say how much Lois admired this guy for his humanitarian sprit….

Hell, if she wanted a humanitarian sprit, and a hero, she’d only have to look across her desk at me, Bruce Wayne isn’t even in the same league as me.

Clark started as the thought came into this head and he caught himself in surprise at what he was feeling. He put his hands in his pockets and acknowledged a truth which hit him as he stood there.

He had no warmth for the man who might be holding Lois at this moment, making her laugh, making her smile, and there were only two reasons for this unreasonable feeling.

Clark Kent was thinking about holding Lois Lane and he was mighty jealous.
    Last edited by Loislovesclark; 07-10-2010, 03:19 PM.

awesome start. looking forward to more!

Comment

Clark Kent was thinking about holding Lois Lane and he was mighty jealous.

Loved this line!!!

I just love seeing jealous Clark and I really like the way this was written. I can't wait to read more. PPMS

Comment

Clark looked up from his computer as he saw Lois breeze into the Bull Pen, taking off her sunglasses, humming a song quietly and hanging up her coat. He took in her tight blue shirt, tucked in at the waist by a belt, emphasising her small waist, and his eyes wandered over her short black skirt and down her long slender legs.

‘Hey Clark’ he looked away quickly as she sat down, picking up the papers on her desk and looking through them, still humming softly,

‘You’re chirpy’ he said sipping his coffee and turning back to his typing,

She heard the coolness in his voice and looked up at him, one eyebrow raised,

‘What’s up with you? Got up on the wrong side of the bed?’ she asked with a smile, looking for Jeff who was hurrying towards the table with her coffee.

Clark didn’t reply but pretended to concentrate on his typing, but failing; his eyes kept wondering to Lois, looking for any signs which might give away how the date went last night, wanting to know how she felt about Bruce Wayne, surprising himself by how much he cared about it, and a little ashamed by how he wished the date’s been a disaster.

‘So, how was the big date?’ he asked finally, no longer able to hold back when Lois was silent, showing no signs of opening up to him.

‘Chloe told us how you’d been so impressed by this hero of a billionaire’ he added, making Lois’ eyebrows rise higher and higher at the tone of his voice, ‘So, how was it?’ he asked, scolding himself inwardly for how eager and sulky he sounded at the same time.

Lois sat at her desk, her eyes narrowed, her arms folded, biting her lower lip. She saw Clark sitting in front of her, trying to focus on his screen, at the same time, looking at her, his blue-green eyes darkening, his cheeks a little flushed, and his facial signals not matching the coolness in his voice.

She furrowed her brows as she answered, ‘why are you so interested anyway Smallville? Can’t wait to make fun of how sorry you feel for him right?’

Clark shrugged with what he hoped as casual nonchalance and said ‘it’s nothing, just wondering that’s all’, but his eyes were still fixed on her with a faint intensity, an intensity she’d felt and seen these last few months every time he looked at her when they were together.

‘It was great, Bruce’s a lot of fun, and quite the hero, did you know, he’s donated $10 to the Metropolis Orphanage?’ she said getting up and walking over to him, her brows still furrowed, feeling puzzled when she saw his jaw tighten, and his cheekbones tense at her words.

‘And he’s thinking of moving to Metropolis full time, work closer with Queen Industries and Luthor Corp in environmental causes, to make the city greener’ she added sitting on his desk, and facing him,

‘Easy to be a hero when you’re swimming in money Lois’ Clark replied before he could stop himself, stopping suddenly when he realised how he sounded, and turning back to his screen and typing.

‘Shouldn’t you get back to work Lois?’ he asked when she carried on sitting on his desk, her eyes narrowed, chewing her bottom lip as she looked at him intently, forgetting that it was he who’d asked about the date and who didn’t like the answer he got from her. Clark was making the effort to keep his eyes on his computer, and not on her round breasts straining under her tight shirt rising and falling with her soft breath, and definitely not on her long smooth legs which were tantalisingly close to his thighs. It was fortunate he did, or he would have seen a little smile which crossed Lois’ lips as she heard the coolness and the sulkiness in his voice as she talked about Bruce Wayne.

She sighed softly as she looked at his profile, again realizing with a gentle shock at how handsome he was, smiling at how bad he was at hiding his feelings, though what those feelings might be were both confusing Lois and making her feel happy at the same time at that particular moment.

That was the thing about Lois Lane; she could always read Clark Kent’s emotions, even if others around him found him hard to reach, a beautiful closed off man who was always polite and chivalrous, but always a little unobtainable.

‘Okay grumpy, time for a coffee break’ she said abruptly, jumping off his desk, and reaching out to pull him up from his chair by his hands, ‘C’mon Clark, coffee and a maple donut on me’ she added still holding his hands as he stood up in exasperation.

The last thing he needed was for Lois to go on and on about her wonderful date with Bruce Wayne. For some reason, Clark found he didn’t want to be a good friend right now, although his hands were feeling warmer and tingly at her touch, feeling how warm her hands felt in his, his fingers involuntarily grasping hers in return,

‘I have a lot of work to do Lois, I can’t have coffee with you’ he protested weakly, still not letting go of her hand, Lois feeling the soft gentle grasping of his fingers on hers, feeling it, putting it down to her imagination, not being able to brush it off when his hands held hers tight, even if his words were saying the exact opposite.

‘You’re having coffee and a maple donut…or two, let’s see if sugar can’t sweeten that grumpy mood of yours’ she teased with a laugh, thought she saw him sigh as he looked at her, Clark taking in her sparkling eyes and sighing at their glow.

‘And you can tell me all about how your week’s been, how lonely you are at the farm house with just Shelby for company, how you miss Ma K’s cooking, how awful its been since Lana……’ she stopped, looking up at him, their eyes meeting.

Lana. This was the first time they had spoken her name out loud since that night when she sat at the coffee shop and lied to him about not being there, and when he stood in the darkness watching her from across the street and lied to her about not being there.

Clark thought he saw the sparkle in her eyes fade just a little, and he involuntarily took a step forward, and grasping her arm gently, pulling her a little closer to him; Lois scolded herself inwardly for what she felt her eyes had just betrayed and laughed, flipping her head back, her tinkling laughter confusing Clark, making him grip her arm tighter,

‘Oh you know what I mean, I’m ready for the Clark Kent operetta’ she said reaching up to straighten his tie and fussing around with it unnecessarily,

He smiled, breathing deeper, as she began telling him off for doing up his tie wrong, undoing it and re-tying it around his neck, feeling the brush of her soft fingertips on his neck, scolding him for being such a farm boy, re-fixing his cufflinks while lecturing him about making a good impression at work, and not objecting when he rolled his eyes, told her to stop hassling him, and manhandled her out of the Bull Pen for that cup of coffee.

Lois Lane, the only woman he knew who could tell him off and make him feel like a school boy, and at the same time made him feel taller and more of a man every time he controlled and steadied Hurricane Lois just by one strong touch, one strong hold.

Clark smiled, his eyes twinkling, his sighs deepening, his face softening, as she started talking about Shelby, the rooster that crowed and used to keep her awake, as they walked into the elevator, happy and somehow feeling reassured and secure that he was in her orbit again, her focus just on him, just on them, Lois and Clark, and not a Bruce Wayne in sight.

Clark Kent knew he was the strongest man on Earth, with his x-ray vision, superspeed, superhearing and superstrength. What he didn’t know was that when Lois Lane turned to brush an imaginary speck of dust from his arm, telling him off for being scruffy, and when he held that hand and told her off for being a nag, when he heard her laughter and saw her sparkling eyes looking at him,

That was the moment he started falling.

Comment

i'm loving the premise of this fic. i'm glad to see that lois is not sitting around pining for clark after that god awful aos of s8. i really like the idea of bruce wayne wooing lois... giving clark a little competition. can't wait to read more!!!! please update soon.

Comment

awww beautiful, absolutely wonderful. like i said before i love seeing jealous clark and all the emotions lois brings out in him. this story is great. PPMS!

Comment

Another awesome fic! I love reading how Clark falls for Lois...update soon!

Comment

Good start keep going

Comment

That was fantastic!ppms!!

Comment

aw. this is great! i really like it.
                    ppms

Comment

AWESOME!! PPMS

------

My 200th POST!!

Comment

Emma I absolutely adore this fanfic. I like getting a glimpse of Clark's jealous side.

Please continue.

Comment

I'm loving this fanfic!
                          Clark is falling for her
                          Can't wait for more updates

Comment

Typical Clark...brushing off his feelings for Lois and losing her in the process
                            Go for her you BDA, don't let Batsy sweep her off her feet...
                            Like it PPMS!!!

Comment

Chloe tapped away manically on her keyboard, the computer screens behind her flashing and bleeping, a birds eye view on Metropolis, and the world. Chloe squinted as 911 calls came through the wire, adjusting her earpiece, ready to alert Clark, when she felt her hair blown by a gust of wind,

‘Just the man I wanted to see’ she said turning around as Clark walked towards her, his long black coat smeared with dust,

‘Did you get to the blast?’ she asked turning back to her computer, filtering the calls, putting the coordinates into her GPS as the screens located the calls, criss-crossing the city.

‘Yes, but not fast enough’ he said throwing something across Chloe’s desk; she stopped typing and looked; it was the same object that had been left across the city at muggings, bank robberies, where the criminals had been injured and some in hospital for severe wounds; a metal object shaped like a bat.

Chloe sighed ‘oh not that again!!’ she exclaimed taking it and examining it closely,

‘Whoever that is, we have to stop him Chloe, he’s getting too many people hurt’ Clark said taking the object from Chloe and turning it over,

‘Or her, though, its nice to know someone’s got your back Clark, the crime rate’s rising so fast, and JLA not always around to help you here in Metropolis….I’m glad they’re on our side, whoever that is’ she said getting up and walking to the coffee machine.

Clark sighed, shaking his head. The bat symbol has popped all over Metropolis in the last few weeks, with wounded criminals in tow, something he was uncomfortable with.

‘Ok, Clark, what is it? Not happy with someone else stealing your thunder?’ she teased with a smile handing him a cup,

Clark made a face, taking a sip of his coffee, ‘I just have a bad feeling about all this Chloe, there’s something not right about how this bat protects this city, its almost as if he enjoys the darkness and the pain’ he said, his eyes looking out of the window,

‘Well, you know, we can never have enough heroes’ she said looking at him with a smile. He sighed at her, knowing she knew him well enough when he was nettled,

‘Just make sure Lois doesn’t hear about it, or she’ll be chasing yet another hero’ he said turning back to gaze out of the window.

Chloe’s eyes narrowed, scrutinising Clark closely, holding her cup of coffee close to her chest. She bit her lip, and asked the question she’d been dying to ask since her wedding day,

Clark, what happened with Lois at my wedding?’ she smiled as he turned his head abruptly, surprise in his eyes, ‘Oh C’mon Clark, I might have been Bridezilla, but I’m not blind!’ she said with a laugh when she saw that he was about to deny whatever it was she was thinking.

‘I don’t know what….’

Clark!!!’ she blurted out in exasperation, ‘you may not know this, but my cousin has this strange effect on you, you either become all bumbling and defensive, or you man up like nobody’s business, you even deepen your voice when she’s around for Pete’s sake!! You’ve done this since she dunked you at our prep rally in our senior year!!’ she groaned, laughing again at the look of surprise on her best friend’s face.

‘And the way you two were looking at each other on my wedding day, I’m surprised the barn didn’t burn right down!’ she added with a triumphant flourish.

Clark laughed in resignation, smoothing his hair and sitting down on one of the chairs. And he told Chloe, about how he and Lois had nearly kissed, and how he’d stood her up at the café all those months ago, how he couldn’t make Lois out, couldn’t understand the feelings she evoked in him, all building up to the day of Chloe’s wedding and Lana’s return.

‘And now Lana’s gone’ Chloe said quietly, making him look up,

‘Yes, now Lana’s gone’ he said with a sigh, Chloe listening in silence, giving him the chance to speak, to say the things that had been on his mind maybe since the day Lois Lane came into his life,

‘I don’t know Chloe….I always thought I’d be with Lana for the rest of my life, I couldn’t even imagine feeling anything for anyone else’ he started with a sigh, pacing now around the room,

‘But….but every time I looked into our future together, all I saw was pain, even as I kissed her and held her, I felt…I felt like I was dying inside, weakening, even before she was infected….can love exist without hope? I was always so much in pain, pining for her, so scared of losing her, I started to believe that was love, that pain was an inevitable part of love’ he said quietly, his eyes focused on images she couldn’t see.

‘And now that I’ve lost her, I feel….I finally feel free Chloe’ he said, his voice getting firmer, ‘and pain isn’t love, pity isn’t love Chloe…and I…I don’t want to be alone anymore, always lost, always left behind, always in pain, always alone’,

There’s moving on in theory, and then there is the moment when what is lost is considered, put in its proper place, realizations come that it was never meant to be, and that is moment when moving on becomes a reality.

‘And Lois?’ Chloe asked, already knowing the answer, knowing what awaited the woman Clark Kent cared about, and wishing it didn’t have to be her cousin.

Clark took a deep breath, closing his eyes, his mind full of the sunshine he felt whenever Lois was near him, her heady mixture of chaos and softness, her scent of cherries waking him from his dreams of her, dreams which had taken on some unusual turns lately, his excitement at seeing her and hearing her voice, his disappointment when she wasn’t around, and his jealousy of her, that insane jealousy knowing Bruce Wayne may be feeling her soft skin, running his fingers through her long dark hair, and caressing her moist lips,

Clark tensed, his jaw tautening, his jaw flexing, his chest expanding,

Where Lois Lane was concerned, Clark Kent was no longer just a man; he was primal, primitive, to keep her safe and protected, and the thought of another man touching her made him see red. Clark realized with a jolt that it had always been this way with Lois, whether it was AC or Oliver, no man was good enough for her.

Because ever since she entered his life and turned it upside down, he had always wanted her for himself. The primal part of him wanted to subdue her fire with rough and hard kisses, while the boy inside wanted the warmth of her arms and gentle smiles, and the man inside burned with the desire to claim her for his own.

And now she was with another man, a man who would never leave her for the greater good, who would never fulfil her fears of being abandoned, second place, a man who would share a life with her, grow old with her.

A bitterness he’d never felt before consumed Clark.

But he also remembered how she’d looked when Lana’s name was mentioned, how she lied to protect her feelings from him, how she’d touch him softly even when she didn’t need to, how her eyes softened when they danced at Chloe’s wedding, her sparkling eyes, her tinkling laughter and the glow of her eyes.

A mischievous smile crossed Clark’s lips and a steely look came into his eyes,

Clark…’ Chloe said warningly, knowing that look, that smile, ‘you don’t know how Lois feels about Bruce Wayne Clark, and he’s a very powerful man, he might just take you down’ she added with a serious look.

Clark remembered her soft sigh as she touched him on the arm to say goodnight,

‘I’d like to see him try’ he said with a smile.
                              Last edited by Loislovesclark; 07-11-2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎