No announcement yet.

2 Clark's - Time Traveling Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Clark's - Time Traveling Dilemma

You see this is the problem with time-travel: there are always paradoxical anomalies. Case in point. There would be 2 Clark's at the moment in which Clark arrived two days prior. Rather than a reversal of time (like in Reckoning), this was a travel back through time. Ergo, the previous Clark-A, who was already present prior to Clark-B arriving 2 days earlier, would have still remained, when Clark-B traveled back. It would be Clark-A's present, but Clark-B's past. The introduction of Clark-B, into Clark-A's time-stream would not negate Clark-A's existence. Simply put, by traveling back in time, Clark-B would not cause Clark-A to disappear. We must logically then arrive at the conclusion that 2 Clark's would exist in time.

All in all still a great episode (it is always fun to re-watch).

*Azra-El*

You're right, there should be two Clarks. Just another problem with this episode (but this one I hadn't realized before, even though I love the paradoxical anomalies that come with time travel and love to discuss them).

Really, it would have been more interesting if, as you put it, Clark-B went back in time, stopped Linda Lake as he did in the actual episode, but then disappeared. By changing the timeline like that, that Clark shouldn't have been able to exist anymore, so he would have disappeared.

However, I guess the point of the episode was to get Clark to learn that revealing his secret to the world like that was a bad idea. Maybe if Clark-B went and met with Clark-A and told him what had happened. I'm sure he could prove it was really him somehow. He could even take him along to confront Linda Lake, showing what her plan was. Then Clark-B could zap Linda, change the timeline, and disappear.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of this episode. I love time travel, but it seemed a little too easy. I also despise Linda Lake; glad Davis killed her. There were some parts I liked about this episode (Clark fighting the police, Lois remembering that she knows how to kick ass, the Doomsday stuff, Clark's superspeed streak looking like a flowing cape at one point, along with a few other things), but for the most part it's just average.

Anyway, nice catch there, Azra-El.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎