No announcement yet.

I hate to say it...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to say it...

I really did hated the costume for Green Arrow on the show but it seems popular for some reason after a new tv show or film is made for a superhero I think to capitalize on it's look to maybe appeal to it's fans or maybe just cause the artist likes the look.

I say this because a few months ago when a Green Arrow storyline was launched called Fall of Green Arrow the promo for the cover featured Green Arrow wearing the Smallville costume
    http://www.comicvine.com/green-arrow...l/105-1057351/ Even though in the actual comic book Ollie was wearing the classic Silver Age design http://www.comicvine.com/green-arrow...2/105-1164415/

I thought cool okay it was just a cover then the new Green Arrow series launched this week and it seems to be a blend of Green Arrow's eighties design and the Smallville look
    The largest comic database online, Comic Vine features Comic Reviews, News, Videos, and Forums for the latest in and more!

And now in the animated short on Superman/Batman it looks like the same Smallville costume http://www.supermanhomepage.com/imag...alypse-DVD.jpg

It seems all the new merchandise is making use of this design and the older cool look is being phased out. I was kind of upset that they were making so many changes based on the show it's something that just bothers me since I think changes for the sake of movies and shows are short sighted. But after thinking about it maybe Green Arrow's costume doesn't bother me as much as his treatment and a few minor things on the look. I thought about it the costume it not bad just needs improvements like sleeves, a mask instead of glasses and Justin Hartley needs a goatee this last season after looking at the cover towards this week's issue Green Arrow looks cooler then if he didn't have it. Just thinking out loud?

Does anyone else think some things from the comics could improve the look on the show?

dude, GA costume is one of the few things that SV got right...true its not like in the comics but it has been modernised a lot and i think its fantastic...Comics GA is more like a robin hood sort of costume...but in this world of technology and the fact that ollie patroling in a big city like metropolis, technology is very useful...

SV GA costume is so cool, the comics GA suit was boring IMO...maybe JH can grow a goatie but he shouldnt lose the sunglasses nor the hoody ,i like it that way...

Comment

I can argue that the character's costume in the comics is not boring because it looks so recognizable and has been around for thirty years. It is suppose to look like a Robin Hood costume because that's what inspired Green Arrow. The costume in the show looks like a cool Green Arrow costume was made for a movie then the SV makers made a cheap version of it.

The Glasses look cheap and nonsensical who wears sunglasses at night? As I look at it maybe if a few modifications were made he would look like a superhero more.

Coincidently after making this thread Newsarama put this article up. http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/06/25...el/#more-16272

Comment

I'm with Alex, on this one. The glasses look cheap (and nobody would wear sunglasses, at night), not to mention, they would most likely fall off, during a fight (or be crushed, by someone's fists), thus showing Ollie's face (and remember, his face has been, in the press multiple times (check out Siren, for an example). So, some crook must, eventually, come into a fight with GA, where the glasses comes off and the crook recognizes GA, as Oliver Queen) and exposing his identity. A domino mask, would've been a better choice (as it's either tied around, the head with a string or glued on, with spirit gum), as it wouldn't fall off, when he jumps around or be punched, in the face.
        Then there's the (oversized, by the way) hood. Have you ever tried, to run, with a hooded sweatshirt (especially, with the wind, going in the opposite direction)? It gets pulled back (and here, we're talking about an oversized hood, so it should just come right off) and then, you'd just have Oliver Queen standing there, with a pair of sunglasses. And, as the hood's oversized, it would also limit GA's visual range (he wouldn't be able to right or left, without turning his head. And, if he'd bend down, the top of the hood, would prevent him, from seeing what's infront of him), not exactly the greatest alternative, in a fight. But, for some odd reason, Smallville feels the need, to give the heroes (GA, Impulse, Cyborg and Aquaman) hoods, instead of real masks (in the case, of Impulse, the hood, wouldn't stay on very long. As the guy's traveling at super sonic speed, meaning that the wind resistence, would be enormous. And, not only pull the hood of him, every time, he super speeds, but most likely rip it right off, the costume) and with Black Canary II, they just had her put some make up on (which wouldn't fool anyone. Not to mention, that would most likely take some time, to apply (it's not just black, the edges and minor details are yellow). Time that these characters, realistically, wouldn't have, before they have to be ready, to save someone's life).
        Last edited by jon-el87; 06-28-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I have to disagree, the Green Arrow costume and the compound bow and crossbow that he can store on his belt/side are just brilliant.

IMO the best costume this show has produced. The glasses and the voice modulator are also nice touches.

Even if the suit wasn't Robin Hood he was presented (in "Arrow" atleast) as the embodiment of RH. Because of the amazing suit and Justins acting Im more pissed than I otherwise would that they gave him such pitiful roles in S9 and now in 10. IMO S8 is as far as they should have gone with mopey Oliver.

Comment

dude, GA costume is one of the few things that SV got right...true its not like in the comics but it has been modernised a lot and i think its fantastic...Comics GA is more like a robin hood sort of costume...but in this world of technology and the fact that ollie patroling in a big city like metropolis, technology is very useful...

SV GA costume is so cool, the comics GA suit was boring IMO...maybe JH can grow a goatie but he shouldnt lose the sunglasses nor the hoody ,i like it that way...

yeah One of the few things smallville did right with GA: the costume.

DCnu even stole some of the ideas from SV. i think it was a good move but it should stop there.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎