Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dean looks so bad. I hope they change the artwork up some.
    That crazy martial arts kick Dean used to get the gun was cool but I just don't see Dean doing anything like that. Sam and Dean don't use big flashy moves they just get the job done. But I still have hope for the show. I hope they don't use covers for every song though.

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    a preview video has now been posted

I warn you now--they do a really bad cover of "Carry On". Seriously bad. I had to turn the volume off. And there is some serious gore at the end of the clip. Please be warned.
    Why the hell did they use a cover of "Carry On Wayward Son"? And woah, it was insanely bad. But the show looks pretty cool though.
    Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 10-13-2010 at 01:11 AM.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous Jr View Post
    Dean looks so bad. That crazy martial arts kick Dean used to get the gun was cool but I just don't see Dean doing anything like that. Sam and Dean don't use big flashy moves they just get the job done.
    Dean does look bad (anyone else notice his eyes are the wrong color?).

As for the moves, many have said that since an animated character can do things a 'real' actor can't, that we'd be seeing stuff like that. But yeah, doesn't seem like Dean's style, does it? 'Twas a cool move though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_marcus View Post
    Why the hell did they use a cover of "Carry On My Wayward Son"? And woah, it was insanely bad.
    "Carry On" is, after all, the 'unofficial' theme song to the show. So I guess they felt they had to use it. But yeah, really bad cover of it. Why they couldn't just use the original I will never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Dean does look bad (anyone else notice his eyes are the wrong color?).

As for the moves, many have said that since an animated character can do things a 'real' actor can't, that we'd be seeing stuff like that. But yeah, doesn't seem like Dean's style, does it? 'Twas a cool move though.

"Carry On" is, after all, the 'unofficial' theme song to the show. So I guess they felt they had to use it. But yeah, really bad cover of it. Why they couldn't just use the original I will never know!
    It is the unofficial theme song for the show and I'd be damned if they use a cover of it in the show. It should be Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son" or nothing.

As for Dean, I don't think he looks that bad. Though he looked better in some scenes than others in the trailer.

God, Kansas is turning over in their graves right now...

...Not that the song hadn't been overdone in SPN already, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro513 View Post
    God, Kansas is turning over in their graves right now..
    Metaphorically speaking, I hope, because the band is alive and still going strong (a year and a half ago they played at a concert near me. I wanted to go--mostly just to hear them do "Carry On"--but had to work).

Titles and descriptions - UPDATE

1.01 - Skin (Original Episode)

A demonic shape-shifter commits a gruesome murder. When the brothers investigate, the being borrows Dean's from to continue its killing spree.

1.02 - Roadkill (Original Episode)

"The highway's the only haunted once a year and we got 'till sunup to wrap things up!" Sam, Dean and a near-victim race the earth’s rotation to vanquish a ghost who kills on the anniversary of his death.

1.03 - Home (Original Episode)

After 22 years, Sam and Dean return to their childhood home. Now another beautiful young mother loves there - and, if Sam's nightmares are correct, she may be threatened by the same evil that killed Mary Winchester.

1.04 - Blood of Beast (New Episode)

Sam and Dean help out a young boy, who is being bullied by the older kids at school. We discover that the boy's father is actually a "peaceful" vampire who has sworn not to attack humans and survived by drinking cattle blood. The boy also has vampire blood in him but he is just not yet aware of his true nature.

1.05 - Ghost on the Highway (New Episode)

Sam and Dean are driving along the highway and are suddenly chased by a cop car from behind. They discover that there have been numerous unexplainable car accidents in the area. All accident involved a Chevy Impala. Sam and Dean have to investigate to prove themselves innocent. We discover that an evil spirit has taken the form of an Impala is trying to take revenge on the town.

1.06 - Bloody Mary (New Episode)

Back in 2004, when Sam was studying at Stanford. Sam hears about a suspicious death case occurred in Stanford from Jessica, a girl he's becoming friendly with. John and Dean smell something evil in the case and start investigating behind Sam's college life. They first presume that it is caused by a ghost called "Bloody Mary" but it turns out to be caused by a different ghost.

1.07 - Temptation of Demon (New Episode)

Maria, a faithful Christian is lured by a yellow-eyed demon to become its servant in return of curing her sick daughter. She refuses at first, but is quickly drawn in.

1.08 - Everlasting Love (New Episode)

Multiple homicides in Illinois. The victims are all blond women in their 20s and the crimes scenes leave traces of formaldehyde. Sam and Dean discover fingerprints of a female who died in 1940. A tragic love story of a mad doctor.

1.09 - Poverty Spirit (New Episode)

Dean is taken over by a Japanese "poverty" spirit. He tries to rid himself of the spirit and discovers he must fight the spirit of "prosperity", because these two spirits are really two sides of the same coin.

1.10 - Moon Shine (Original Episode)

Sam and Dean investigate a murder in which the victim was killed by wild animals, suspecting that it was done by hellhounds. Later they find out that is was done by a werewolf.

1.11 - Nightmare (Original Episode)

The brothers pose as priests to gather information at a house visited by sudden death - a death Sam saw in a dream.

1.12 - Origin (Comic Book)

John meets Lily, who is one of the special children and tries to save her from the yellow-eyed demon's plan.

More news

So Jared's going to be voicing Sam for all the episodes of the English Dub? But Jensen's only doing 2 episodes, despite the fact that Jared has no voice work experience and Jensen has been doing tons of it? Wait, what?

Jensen is probably busy though with that Parasite Eve game or something.

I don't know about this... I have mixed feelings, really. I don't really see a point or a need... its just looks like every other Japanese cartoon out right now. Most have sucked since DBZ so I guess I am a bit biased. The only good thing, that I can see, is that it might get the SPN name to other parts of the world that might not have access to the English version/dub. That cover of wayward son didn't help either, lol! I understand some folks would like to see much less human version of monsters/demons but even in the current version of SPN... Eric never wanted demons splitting out of people and forming their own horny beast true form. He was said that they wanted just glimpses of evil and not cgi overkill. And don't say it was a budget thing because they could afford descent cgi for demons/monsters plus old fashion makeup cgi could have been done (and was) that looks pretty darn good. Point is... sure the effects can be done better with anime but the real version never intended to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    Jensen is probably busy though with that Parasite Eve game or something.
    I think he's already finished with it, though. And at the LA Con he said he does want to do more voice work (he said he feels he has his foot in the door of a tight knit community) so...?

Maybe he's referring to voice work outsde of Supernatural?

He did say he is a fan of the series, so maybe he doesn't like the idea of the animation series as most fans would agree that the idea is a bad idea(like me, lol).

Jared and Jensen introducing the first episode, titled "The Alter Ego" (based on "Skin")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Aom...eature=feedlik

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast