Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Supernatural Animation in the works

I do not know if this has been mentioned anywhere and if it is then just go ahead an delete this but it seems there is a Supernatural anime in the works http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/06...natural-anime/ Here is the link to the animated series website http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/supernatural/#/animeTop

"Supernatural The Animation turns out to be much bigger than previously thought. This morning, ANN reports that Madhouse, the acclaimed anime studio behind Death Note, Paprika and segments of Batman: Gotham Knight, is producing 22 episodes that cover the first two seasons of the live-action CW series: “The anime project will not only remake the best episodes from the live-action version, but also depict original episodes not seen in the live-action version. Those original episodes will include prologues of the Winchester brothers’ childhood, anime-only enemies, and episodes featuring secondary characters from the live-action version.”

I think it sounds cool does anyone else think so?
    Last edited by AlexfromLubbock; 06-10-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Soldier of Kandor Charles Griffyn's Avatar
    Don't like the remaking episodes bit (whats the point) but the new episodes bits sound brilliant. Wonder if Jensen and Jared, or indeed any of the series actors, will voice their characters? Looking forward to this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Griffyn View Post
    Don't like the remaking episodes bit (whats the point) but the new episodes bits sound brilliant. Wonder if Jensen and Jared, or indeed any of the series actors, will voice their characters? Looking forward to this!!
    In recent years a few Anime remakes have come out like Rebuild the Evangelion, Dragon Ball Kai and in some ways Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and even though they are remakes they tend to be more fast paced and sometimes go into a different arc altogether so I wonder if this will develop into an original threat not seen in the show.

Soldier of Kandor Charles Griffyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexfromLubbock View Post
    In recent years a few Anime remakes have come out like Rebuild the Evangelion, Dragon Ball Kai and in some ways Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and even though they are remakes they tend to be more fast paced and sometimes go into a different arc altogether so I wonder if this will develop into an original threat not seen in the show.
    Thats a good point, I await with much anticipation now!! I love that picture of anime versions of Sam and Dean at the top of the article, I want that as a wallpaper!!

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Holy crap! That's...wow. I'm really looking forward to seeing this (and already wondering if Jared and Jensen will be doing the voices--I'm thinking not but you never know!).

Thanks so much for posting cause I hadn't heard a whisper of this!

I'm interested in the new episodes they speak of that wasn't in the series, but re-enacting episodes from the first two seasons would be kind of pointless, imo.

I'd rather have an anime series based on Samuel Colt's life, with the writing being led by Eric Kripke.

Anime during that time period would be pretty sick.

ThingThatShouldNotBe GENERALzod777's Avatar
    do you guys realize the best part of this is? No special effects budget!

Ooh... VERY interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GENERALzod777 View Post
    do you guys realize the best part of this is? No special effects budget!
    Yeah, one of my first thoughts was 'hey, they can really go to town with effects!' And maybe even really change locations for some new episodes.

Sam and Dean Winchester exorcise a ghost in Hawaii? Heh. (I'm thinking of Jen and Jared's commentary on Phantom Traveler.)

this will either be really good or really bad but if they can finally do proper scenes of dean and sam versus hundreds of zombies for example then im sold

but will jared and jensen do the voices? i mean they gotta if it comes to the US more money for them plus that authentic supernatural vibe for us

Does anyone know if it will be translated in English?

Yes, it will be, but the release of the DVDs(or even Blu-ray) is still up in the air but we do have the Japan release dates.

And Jared and Jensen will be voicing Sam and Dean in at least the first two episodes; so I'm guessing the first release with the first two episodes will be voiced by Jared and Jensen, and then the rest of the episodes will have new guys voicing Sam and Dean.

And with this anime coming out, it now makes sense with there being a sixth season, just because if Supernatural The Animation's first season covers seasons one and two, then the next will cover three and four, and the next will cover five and six, so it makes sense because I doubt all 22 episodes of season five will be top-notch stuff for an entire season in the anime series.
    Last edited by Call_Me_Ishmael; 06-15-2010 at 12:00 PM.

More info http://**************.com/fansites/I.../news/?a=19228 not much but there are character designs and the Japanese voice actors.

I love hat the boys got to ok the final art on their characters and that they are going to voice the boys for the first couple of episodes (I'm guessing that means after that other talent will take over?).

This really sounds like a cool thing, the more I hear about it.

So...Eric Kripke is behind this project in some way, so I'm way more pumped for this.

And there are designs out of Jess now. And every character besides Sam and Dean will supposedly have their own separate look from that they looked in the live-action series. Also, certain demons and monsters will have their own anime look to them, so perhaps a character such as the Woman in White could look like something more sinister than a normal-looking girl(I think it would be epic to have a decaying-looking woman in a white dress).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast