No announcement yet.

How much did John Winchester know?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much did John Winchester know?

Remember when John Winchester told Dean that one day he may have to kill his brother?

That made me wonder how much of the endgame he knew in advance. Did he know that Sam would be instrumental in releasing Lucifer? Was he referring to Dean and Sam being vessels for fighting Angels? Or did he think that Sam would go dark and start the apocolypse intentionally?

I always felt that John lived by the adage "Know your enemy" and was always at least one step ahead of the demons, but he just never passed that information on, and when he died it was lost to his sons. The reason Azazel was so keen to get him into hell was because the first seal required a "righteous man" but under most circumstances if you are in hell it is because you have sinned, and therefore are not righteous. Even those who made deals for the most part did it for their own benefit. There was that guy who sold his soul to save his wife's life, but the boys saved him from Alistair's razor (luckily, since he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes).

I think that the reason John lasted 100 years without breaking when Dean "only" lasted 30 is because John KNEW what the consequences would be, and that gave him the strength to last. If Dean had known the apocalypse was at stake I honestly think he would have lasted at least as long.

What d'you think, did he know how it would all end?

I think he did know.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎