Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry Smallville

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started watching chuck last season, and have fell in love with the show. The season finale was incredible. But as a die-hard comic fan, with supes being my favorite, smallville will always be my number one show!

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
      One thing I've wondered about S/S. When Chuck asked Sarah to run away with him. She said something like "I can't; I've made commitments. And not just to Shaw."

Was she talking about a work related commitment, because she had agreed to be on Shaw's team. Or do you think she was referencing some sort of romantic commitment. I always took it as the latter.
      I think it was romantically but if you look at it again you can see how she tries to resist Chuck’s invites but all her defence are tore down. When he specifically talk about their trip to Mexico and that the train leaves 7 a clock she is just nodding.
      We now know that it was pretty serious things going between her and Shaw. The diamante earring, couple massage and they having a whole day in the hay in Shaw’s loft. So it would be strange if she just dumped Shaw went with Chuck without any resistance. Besides she didn’t know about the red test so she was not sure where she had Chuck at that point.
      What is most important is that she gave in to Chuck before she knew that he didn’t kill the mole.

Comment

Smallville is filmed on a shoe string budget compared to these shows. I think Smallville has been Emmy worthy many times for what they are able to accomplish.

Comment

To put it simple. I believe Sarah liked Bryce much, much more than she liked Shaw and she left Bryce for Chuck several times. The first time it seamed like a hard choice for her but imo just because Bryce was a simple way out and away from this feelings that have surfaced while being with Chuck.
          Shaw was just her only option and he took advantage of her vulnerabilities. It could almost have been anyone.

Comment

This could have been one of the reasons Sarah was with Shaw.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineLois
              Although it would be nice to think it was a sort of romantic commitment, I think it was work related. She made a commitment to being a spy and made a commitment to her way of life. Chuck's way of life is completely different. He doesn't have flashy cars, numerous aliases, or a con-man dad. He has a warm and cozy life. If they had run away together, her spy-life would be over. At this time, she had completely shut out Chuck, and when she shuts out Chuck, she shuts out his way of life.

The reason they couldn't be together in the previous seasons is because Chuck didn't completely accept Sarah's way of life. And because he didn't accept her way of life, he didn't accept her. In the first season, he was afraid of her. They were attracted to each other physically, but not mentally. What's different about this season is that he has accepted her, and wants to be like her because he loves her. She wants to be like him because she loves him. That is the transformation that we've seen from the season 2 finale, to now.
              This is an absolute perfect explanation of what we've been seeing, and I couldn't agree with you more. Well before Shaw was even a character, back in s03e02 "Chuck vs. the Three Words", we got to see Sarah watching the video of Chuck locked in the room where he basically laid it all out cause he thought he was going to die. He told Sarah that he choose to be a spy because he wanted to protect his loved ones, Sarah being #1 on that list of course. He learned that from her.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana

This could have been one of the reasons Sarah was with Shaw.
                Yup. Just check out at the way she looks at him in this vid.. she's practically eating him with her eyes. And she also seemed quite happy when he was about to kiss her.

No copyright infringement intended Chuck Season 3 Episode 8 I heart Team Charah but I can't resist the chemistry of Sarah & Shaw:D

I don't blame her, she is only human and was too lonely. If I was a single woman and a man like that showed interest in me, well, I'd also give it a chance! Haha.
                Last edited by blueyes; 05-30-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyes
                  Yup. Just check out at the way she looks at him in this vid.. she's practically eating him with her eyes. And she also seemed quite happy when he was about to kiss her.

No copyright infringement intended Chuck Season 3 Episode 8 I heart Team Charah but I can't resist the chemistry of Sarah & Shaw:D

I don't blame her, she is only human and was too lonely. If I was a single woman and a man like that showed interest in me, well, I'd also give it a chance! Haha.
                  Ofc you could be attracted but probably not in love. And just as you said she was very lonely and didn’t have anyone to talk to ABOUT CHUCK.
                  Shaw knows she is in a crisis and that she loves Chuck and he takes advantages of it. He even manipulates her to hand over the red test to Chuck so he could get in to her pants and that’s creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineLois
                    LOL that's hilarious closetclana

I'm surprised that Sarah talked about Chuck at all and shared details about her life to Shaw. It seems out of character for her, since she is so private. She is changing.

Shaw's actions were very spy-like. He was probably surprised that she, a spy, didn't see the trap. He most likely thought it was normal to manipulate her. His whole life he has manipulated people in order to get his way.
                    I think you are right she changed (because of two years with Chuck) and felt things she never felt before. Since she didn’t know what to do with all the emotions she fell in to crisis (3.08) and needed to get and outlet for it somewhere. Shaw was the only one she could turn to and he listened and they had things like the spy life, they both lost loved ones etc in common. He became her one and only sounding board and a shoulder to cry on but instead of helping her he took the advantage of the situation and seduced, manipulated and also isolated her to get what he wanted.
                    I wonder what her thoughts about Shaw were in the van in 3.18 while he talked condescending towards Chuck after killing his father. The look she had was disgust and I interpreted it as she was thinking “what on earth did I ever see in that man”.
                    Last edited by PNy; 06-01-2010, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎