No announcement yet.

Chuck's Promise

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck's Promise

Chuck will have to continue to be a spy, will he tell Ellie the truth or will he continue to lie to her? Is there a loophole to get him out of his promise? I was secretly hoping he had his fingers crossed behind his back or something.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-24-2010, 08:20 PM.

I hope he doesn't go behind Ellie's back all of next season. Maybe with his lead on his mother, Ellie will encourage his involvement.

Comment

Yeah, I'd expect this to change things. After all, if they're being targeted/not safe with Orion gone, then it'd be a lot safer for Chuck to be a spy than for him not to be a spy. Hopefully Ellie will see that.

Comment

Two things can happen, either Ellie will leave or Ellie will be involve somehow with the CIA.

Comment

I'm hoping he doesn't break the promise. Or, he never really promised her, maybe by having his fingers crossed. But we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Chuck should show Ellie the whole set up the father left. Then let her decide.

Comment

I would wished that Elie would have been more supportive of Chuck.I know it's a dangerous job & she scares of loosing her brother.But,he's an adult now,she can't protect him forever.It's time for her to live her own life & let Chuck go.Of course,he should tell her everything that would really help her to understand the situation better & may be she will help him to get his mom back.

Comment

Well it seems that his home base is either going to be his personal base or the group base. Ellie might become a spy even though it's a small chance. She will most likely allow Chuck to continue in his Spy life she will relize that this is what Chuck is ment to do and that he is needed and of course the whole mom thing will also convince her to have Chuck search for her and find out the why? Who? What? questions of both mom and Dad.

Comment

Well Chuck can become a "self spy" so his promise to Ellie is to leave the CIA, being a self spy isn't really working for the CIA.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAISKI
                    Well Chuck can become a "self spy" so his promise to Ellie is to leave the CIA, being a self spy isn't really working for the CIA.
                    And there's our loophole

Comment

Hmm... that actually is a pretty good loophole. I could see him doing that, too, like his father did as Orion. He'd be more of a freelancer, but that would fit after everything he's been through. It might put him occasionally at odds with Sarah and Casey if they had different information going into a mission from different angles, which could make things interesting. I think that Sarah will support his decision regardless. I don't think Chuck's going to stay permanently out of spy work, though, especially after everything that his dad left behind in that secret basement. Chuck needs to tell Ellie the full truth, though, or it's just going to lead to more trouble and heartache down the road -- he should've learned that by now after all the grief he's gone through lately with keeping secrets. Ellie knows so much already -- why would it hurt to show her what her dad had down there? Somehow I doubt he'll come clean about all those files, though, since he wants to protect her just as much as she is bound and determined to protect him.

Comment

First of all Ellie was in shock over losing her father and so was Chuck. So I guess one call everything about the request and promise a special situation where they didn’t really thought out things clearly.
                        I’m confused myself over this and not only about this but also what should he tell or not tell Sarah?
                        Now what if I promise a family member something ant then another family member makes a basically dying wish (I saw it like a spy will with a request) that contradict my former promise. What would you do?
                        Last edited by PNy; 05-26-2010, 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think he should tell Ellie everything, it might be too much for her but she needs to understand that the they are a spy family and that some people are looking for them.

As what dad said, he has been protecting them and now he can no longer protect them...

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineLois
                            He should tell her what was in the base, even though he looked at her when he was telling Ellie that he would quit. That's what he SHOULD do anyway. That doesn't mean that he will right away. He might grapple with the information and cause tension in the relationship for a few episodes. It would be funny to see him sneaking out in the middle of the night to go on a secret mission with Morgan.

If I was in that position, I would try to keep both the promise and the wish, but i would get in deep trouble Chuck will probably get lectures from Ellie next season.
                            One thing would be to tell Sarah and maybe Ellie that he is taking over after his father and then keep the details like they were classified. After all Sarah is working for CIA which in some cases very well might have contradicted what Orion did.
                            I think Papa B will turn in his grave if Chuck involves CIA/NSA in to his “bat cave”.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                              And there's our loophole
                              Agreed. But I really hope he doesn't lie to Ellie or to Sarah. Or to anyone, for that matter. I've actually started to dislike Chuck as a character this season because of all the lies he's been telling. He's supposed to be the good guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎