No announcement yet.

Things left unresolved,,

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things left unresolved,,

I loved the finale but there are a few things I would have liked to explore further during the show's six year run.

Walt: We know he was special but the last we saw him was standing over a wounded Locke. What happened to him?

Eko: Granted his fate was pretty certain at the hands of Smoky but I would have liked to see him figure into the end in some way. A moment between him and Locke in the church maybe.

Widmore/Eloise/Ben: I feel like these key players and their history with each other should have been explored a bit more. As exciting as it was to see Ben execute Charles last night, I was left feeling like Widmore was really a non factor for all the build up and attention he got. I'd also like to see more of how Eloise fit in and how she came to be the Time Cop/Course Corrector she was.

Just the ones fresh in my head from last night. I'm sure I'll think of more but those are the heavy hitters for me. What say you all?

I know I am in the minority, but the unaswered questions don't bother me. I didn't expect them to explain everything about the island and the people. I was happy with what we did explained and felt like they gave up enough to make our own inferences of what was going on.

That said, I would love to know what happened to Walt! I know the producers said the actor aged so fast and grew like a foot and half over night and all, but this is Lost surely they could have figured out some way to include him and explain that.

But other than that...I'm perfectly fine with some mysteries being left open to interpretations.

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
      i know i am in the minority, but the unaswered questions don't bother me. I didn't expect them to explain everything about the island and the people. I was happy with what we did explained and felt like they gave up enough to make our own inferences of what was going on.

That said, i would love to know what happened to walt! I know the producers said the actor aged so fast and grew like a foot and half over night and all, but this is lost surely they could have figured out some way to include him and explain that.

But other than that...i'm perfectly fine with some mysteries being left open to interpretations.
      waaaaaalt!!!

Comment

walt is off the island still living with his grandma going to school

think the only reason eko wasnt around was because they didnt get the actor back.

ya i would have really liked more on widmore and him playing a role. would have liked to learned how he came to the island and who pennys mom was. eloise i also would have liked more on like when did she leave the island and how much did she really know about everything. still dont get why she was holding desmond back when it came to bringing the dead their memories. ben i would have liked to have seen how he started as the leader and what lead up to the pruge of the DI.

if we got a hurley/ben spin off i think it would be awesome if we got more dharma/others stuff with bens flashbacks and what not and perhaps have hurley gain knowledge and flashes of the island from the very start to help him learn all the mysteries. would be fun for them to just hang out on the island with those who survived making it into a real paradise. make it what it should have always been.

i also wonder if hurley cleansed ben cause ben seemed like AU ben in that last scene. he seemed nice and caring. i wonder if ben was waiting till danille and alex cross over before he went into the church cause in a weird way they were his real family. or maybe he was able to admit he was dead which is why he was there but he still felt bad for getting most of those people killed.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by chole_fan
        I know I am in the minority, but the unaswered questions don't bother me. I didn't expect them to explain everything about the island and the people. I was happy with what we did explained and felt like they gave up enough to make our own inferences of what was going on.

That said, I would love to know what happened to Walt! I know the producers said the actor aged so fast and grew like a foot and half over night and all, but this is Lost surely they could have figured out some way to include him and explain that.

But other than that...I'm perfectly fine with some mysteries being left open to interpretations.
        i agree loved the ending and the series and no answers is ok with me. i just think from the begining of the series they planned out this whole thing but added way more then they could handle and instead of spreading answers out they said hey we will wait till the end we have time but then when the strike happened they had to rush things and change things around where when it came to the end it was too late.

i wish we saw who was shooting at the time travelers. with richard and miles in the boat and finding frank that would have been a good time to show that.
        Last edited by superhippie2000; 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I still would like to know why woman cant have children on the island. This was never answered.

Originally posted by superhippie2000

i wish we saw who was shooting at the time travelers. with richard and miles in the boat and finding frank that would have been a good time to show that.
          I thought the exact same thing during that scene!
          Last edited by MannaBanana; 05-24-2010, 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Here are some interesting explanations posted by lracors at TVGuide.com. I definitely agree with what he says:

Just after it ended i was like, "huh"... then i thought about it and the more i think about it the more i love it as the perfect ending for the show.

1. This Island and Original Timeline is all real, the SLU is the afterlife i think most people agree on that. Therfore, Yes kate, miles, richard, sawyer & co do get off the island via plane. Yes, Desmond gets off the island since Hurley can determine the rules. In the afterlife, the experiences on the Island had bonded them together and they were waiting for Jack to come with them. It was a brilliant ending.

2. Jack saves the world and stops hell on earth. Yes that was hell trying to come through. Hurley and Ben run the island for an undetermined # of years, but much better then Jacob ever did.

3. I am glad that they didn't try to explain all the mythology in order to pacify people who didn't understand ultimately what this show was about.... the journey. I can figure out most of the unanswered questions myself. The island has always been and will be until the end of days. There has been and will be visitors to the island. Romans, Egyptians (probably build the statue and most of the ancient buildings), probabably Sumarians, Vikings and who knows what else in the future. The Darma Initiative tried and failed to understand that the island is supernatural which is why conventional methods of research did not work.

4. On the smoke monster, it was a release of evil brought on by the evil act of Jacob killing his brother. Jacob broke a rule and as a result paid for it. The Evil had his brother's thoughts and memories but at no time was it really his brother, as it took over the looks and memories of it's other host bodies. The Smoke Monster had escaped despite the "cork" being in place.

5. When the nuke went off, it was necessary to stop the incident, the burst of energy moved the people out of time back to their proper time. Why wasn't the island destroyed? Because, that blast of energy stopped the leakage of the other dimension from coming through enough that the Darma people had time to seal it so you have "The Hatch" as it was discovered. The Hatch's purpose was to safely release the energy buildup because there was still a fracture into the other dimension leaking through hence the 108 minute button push. When Desmond detonated The Hatch, that successfully sealed the fracture, saved the world from a dimensional burst of energy that would have consumed the world, and altered him as we all saw down the road.

Other Minor Matters

6. On Walt being special, the Other's thought he was a candidate to "lead" the others as richard thought the real Locke would maybe he failed the test, or maybe Richard interviened because he saw that Locke had arrived.

7. The Hurley bird, it's nice to have a mystery.

8. Ben is good and has unfinished business.

9. Infertility and the sickness, are simply the after effects of "The Incident" which subsided over time.

The clues are there and enough to accurately speculate on what was not specifically "answered"
            Last edited by GuardianAngel; 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Well, I only have two questions in my mind right now after watching the End.

First: Did Jack realy die on the Island after he saw the plane fly away? He did close his eyes, but that doesnīt necessarily mean he has to be dead.

And Second: Is Hurley realy the new Guardian of the Island? Most just assume it is so because Jack gave him some water from the river, but there are two points that confuse me if the transfer realy worked. The light was off and that could possibly interfered with the process and more concerning, Jack didnīt speak the incantation first the mother protector used to make Jacob her succesor and later Jacob did on Jack.

But despite these two questions I got left, it was an amazing and worth ending for a realy great show.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB85

And Second: Is Hurley realy the new Guardian of the Island? Most just assume it is so because Jack gave him some water from the river, but there are two points that confuse me if the transfer realy worked. The light was off and that could possibly interfered with the process and more concerning, Jack didnīt speak the incantation first the mother protector used to make Jacob her succesor and later Jacob did on Jack.
                Yes Hurley was the leader because remember in the Church scene where Hurley and Ben were talking to each other and Hurley said to Ben "You made a great number 2" and then Ben said "And you made a great number 1" well that tells us they ruled the Island for Who knows how long. So yes, Hurley was definately the Guardian.

Comment

^ OMG Amanda, your avatar is so funny!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB85
                    Well, I only have two questions in my mind right now after watching the End.

First: Did Jack realy die on the Island after he saw the plane fly away? He did close his eyes, but that doesnīt necessarily mean he has to be dead.

But despite these two questions I got left, it was an amazing and worth ending for a realy great show.
                    ya i think it was to point out he was dead. and the whole him dying and realizing it on the other side at the same time.

ya hurly is the new leader. but ya jack didnt say the thing to him so who knows.

i wonder why we never learned why hurley was named hurly. he said its a nickname when pointing out who is who on the flight manifest. im sure it doesnt matter but i always assumed perhaps he barfed in class during disecting frogs or something and they give him the nick name hurley.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                    Yes Hurley was the leader because remember in the Church scene where Hurley and Ben were talking to each other and Hurley said to Ben "You made a great number 2" and then Ben said "And you made a great number 1" well that tells us they ruled the Island for Who knows how long. So yes, Hurley was definately the Guardian.
                    **immaturity time** Ben made a great number 2 hehehehahaha.
                    Last edited by superhippie2000; 05-25-2010, 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
                      ^ OMG Amanda, your avatar is so funny!
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by superhippie2000

**immaturity time** Ben made a great number 2 hehehehahaha.

Comment

Um... pretty much everything about the Island (minus the light/cork).

Comment

My theory about Walt is that he was like Desmond...

Comment

Originally posted by Pacheito
                            My theory about Walt is that he was like Desmond...
                            ya i agree but somewhat different. i think he is like desmond but while desmond was enchanced by the hatch explosion walt i believe had the ability to astrial project (where your soul leaves you body and can travel thru space and time) from birth which explains why he was always showing up at different places different times. like shannon in the woods or locke in the pit. he also said to locke he dreamt about locke being dead and people looking over his dead body. walt could have actually been there and time travelled in his sleep and only believed it was a dream. i think its possible that desmond had to return to the island cause locke didnt bring walt back and its possible walt was the wallace we saw on 108 in the lighthouse.

if they ever did a hurley spin off it would be cool if walt returned to the island as an adult and became the new leader and is the proper leader of the island.
                            Last edited by superhippie2000; 05-26-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

^ clearly they scrapped their original plans for Walt. First season made him out to be something truly special/different. They abandoned that for whatever reason. (Possibly because he grew too fast like chloe_fan aka "chole"_fan said. heh)

Besides his strange psychic/projection abilities, Walt seemed to have the ability to make things happen, to turn his fantasies into reality. Once he was looking at a book about birds (pre-island) and got angry that his stepdad wasn't paying attention, then suddenly the same species of bird from the book slammed into the window and died.

And on the island Walt had a comic book with a picture of a polar bear, and Michael got angry at him and threw the book into the fire. Then shortly after a real polar bear appeared in the jungle, angry as hell. Seems like the world responds to Walt's will, either directly or indirectly, by either just making these things appear, or maybe Walter has the power to "bring" things from anywhere in the world, transporting them across the world, like the kid from an 80's Twilight Zone episode. Also, once Locke was teaching Walt to throw knives, and Walt through the knife after first "seeing it in his mind like it was real". Another hint that Walt has the power to make things he thinks about/envisions/wishes come true (very godlike).

But they never really went anywhere with it. Another incomplete mystery, one of many loose ends for this imperfect series.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎