Old V meets New V theory

I was thinking since Ryan and a great number of V were sent here before Anna arrived here got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if Diana was part of the 1st invasion and after they were defeated some Visitors stayed like Ryan while the others left. Before they left the induced a mass amnesia wave to erase their existence all over the world. If this is the case we could see some or all of the surviving members of the 1st wave pop up now.

Forum Regular
    I very much hope there is another High Commander V that appears in Series 2. It would be interesting and open up for opportunities for the writers.

For example, imagine if Marcus had an allegiance to another high Commander instead of Anna (maybe its the commander of the massive fleet that just landed on Earth?)

The major problem with theories like this currently is Anna is billed to be the V queen who controls and births the entire species. Doesn't leave too much room for another person as powerful or prestigous as Anna - when shes queen of the whole damn species, aside from perhaps... Annas mother? That could be interesting...

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    I very much hope there is another High Commander V that appears in Series 2. It would be interesting and open up for opportunities for the writers.

For example, imagine if Marcus had an allegiance to another high Commander instead of Anna (maybe its the commander of the massive fleet that just landed on Earth?)

The major problem with theories like this currently is Anna is billed to be the V queen who controls and births the entire species. Doesn't leave too much room for another person as powerful or prestigous as Anna - when shes queen of the whole damn species, aside from perhaps... Annas mother? That could be interesting...
    If that is the case, that right there should tell you a bit about their species in the context of what they are up to.
    What civilization that isn't under any major turmoil, would send their supreme high commander with forward deployed forces like that?
    That would be like sending President Obama with the Armed Forces to Afghanistan and having him call the shots directly, from there. You don't send your top dog on something like that. You send a trusted aide with the capability of getting the job done, like Gen Petraeus or someone like that; an envoy, a liason.

Quote Originally Posted by la Resistance View Post
    If that is the case, that right there should tell you a bit about their species in the context of what they are up to.
    What civilization that isn't under any major turmoil, would send their supreme high commander with forward deployed forces like that?
    That would be like sending President Obama with the Armed Forces to Afghanistan and having him call the shots directly, from there. You don't send your top dog on something like that. You send a trusted aide with the capability of getting the job done, like Gen Petraeus or someone like that; an envoy, a liason.
    I understand what you're saying but they are aliens and who knows how they think. Also, throughout history there are plenty of examples of the leaders of entire nations leading their armies in war. There's Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Charlamagne to name a few of many. Maybe the aliens think it's important to lead by example.

I worry when I hear about another High Commander because I think of the original V series. All the silly cat fights. If done right it could work but I just cringe at what could happen. I think they should stick with the Us vs. Them for now. And about Anna's mother: I think she's dead. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was at Anna's own hand once she thought she was old or weak. The way they portray the Vs in this incarnation it seems that the animalistic traits are being emphasized, the survival of the fittest so I see Anna's mother as being long gone.

Forum Regular
    What if the alien race that appear in the new V is the enemy race of the Visitors of the first miniseries, the Final Battle, and the first series. Anna's people could be the enemy race that appear in the Second Generation.

I believe that there are millions of Bee Queens in this world. Perhaps, there
    are a few Visitor Queens on Sirius? Visitors following different Queens? I'd
    bet good money they don't exactly get along. Diana's or Anna's enemies
    could be servents of the various Queens in control. I should remind you
    that in the original John was Commander, Charles was a Commander, and
    the leader had a male voice in the original. Diana was a science officer,
    Pamela was a military leader, etc. So, the first wave was patriarchal and
    this wave is matriarchal? Things have changed in 20 years...

An Anna and Diana show down? I'm down for that.

Forum Regular
    There are always ways to tie things together- maybe Diana, with her scientific talents, came up with a drug that went into the air and erased mankind's memories of the Visitors. :-) Probably wouldn't happen, but just showing there's always a way. hehe

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Resistance84 View Post
    There are always ways to tie things together- maybe Diana, with her scientific talents, came up with a drug that went into the air and erased mankind's memories of the Visitors. :-) Probably wouldn't happen, but just showing there's always a way. hehe

I believe this is the biggest thing they could do to save the series.
    Tie this into the old one and people will come back and even watch series one ina whole new light.
    They could set an episode back in the late 80's. Some friendly visitors wiped our memories and too Diana back to the Visitors home world.

End season two with the alliance decimated and the lady from Lost sitting in the church witht he priest " What are we going to do now?"
    We hear a deep voice...." Perhaps i can help"

Camera pans around and we see the face of Michael Ironside. Slam to black screen.
    Fandom goes mental until season 3

I always asked to myself about the "first resistance" like Marcus said... when it happened and is it related to the original series?
    But I think too that this new series is totally different in this point, maybe they chosen original actors, but not original characters. Because V remake is set in our modern world, with our current problems. the 4th January we'll discover the truth (:

I'd have to say that ABC's V has nothing to do with NBC's V.
    Why you ask? NBCs took place 25 years ago. ABCs episode
    titled John May explained that John May started the original
    resistance against the Visitors ten years ago during President
    Bush's election in 2000 which was on John May's television.
    "John May was the first Visitor to take a stand against Anna."
    A direct quote from Ryan himself.

Super Moderator savingpeoplething's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glove View Post
    I'd have to say that ABC's V has nothing to do with NBC's V.
    Why you ask? NBCs took place 25 years ago. ABCs episode
    titled John May explained that John May started the original
    resistance against the Visitors ten years ago during President
    Bush's election in 2000 which was on John May's television.
    "John May was the first Visitor to take a stand against Anna."
    A direct quote from Ryan himself.
    I'm inclined to agree with this. I think the "First Resistance" was referring to John May.

Quote Originally Posted by savingpeoplething View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with this. I think the "First Resistance" was referring to John May.
    Yes now it's all clear and I think it makes sense