No announcement yet.

clark's pal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clark's pal

Jimmy's death could explain why clark and lois become so close to the real jimmy.I think the ptb made an awesome orgin for the real jimmy without even having him on the show.Yeah it's lame but orignal
    Last edited by the jester; 06-07-2010, 05:45 PM.

yeah but it did feel like a huge cop-out.

Comment

Originally posted by the jester
      Jimmy's death could explain why clark and lois become so close to the real jimmy.I think the ptb made an awesome orgin for the real jimmy without even having him on the show.Yeah it's lame but
      I understand what you're saying here but, seems they could've taken another route to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsie23
        I understand what you're saying here but, seems they could've taken another route to do it.

Indeed, Why could they just call him Henry Olsen from the get go instead of doing something stupid like that.

Very lame.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
          Indeed, Why could they just call him Henry Olsen from the get go instead of doing something stupid like that.

Very lame.
          They couldn't call him Henry from the get go because at that time he was supposed to be Jimmy, but they later retconned it because people were not expecting Jimmy to die because he is mythos character and they were trying to shock the audience.

Comment

You could call it lame or think of it as a good nod to the comics. Clark is already getting introduced to all the superman characters even before he's superman. when your doing a show where the audience knows how it all ends it's cool to throw in some curve balls. smallville to me is telling "The Superman Story" before he's superman.

Comment

Originally posted by the jester
              You could call it lame or think of it as a good nod to the comics. Clark is already getting introduced to all the superman characters even before he's superman. when your doing a show where the audience knows how it all ends it's cool to throw in some curve balls. smallville to me is telling "The Superman Story" before he's superman.
              So you would want a Smallville with NO Mytho Characters other than Lana, Pete, Ma & Pa Kent? And the rest being brand new characters? I sure as hell wouldn't, I like having the (most of the time filler) episode which doesn't relate to mythos that much but 10 years of that? No chance it would of lasted, because it would of just ended up being another drama mostly and would of finished years ago

Comment

Originally posted by LilMo
                So you would want a Smallville with NO Mytho Characters other than Lana, Pete, Ma & Pa Kent? And the rest being brand new characters? I sure as hell wouldn't, I like having the (most of the time filler) episode which doesn't relate to mythos that much but 10 years of that? No chance it would of lasted, because it would of just ended up being another drama mostly and would of finished years ago
                Never said that. All I ment was the ptb had to do something so they did something different. Do I wish that Ashmore got to stay yes but he couldn't. (sarcastic remark) What were they going do make him get hit by a kryptonite ray that de-age him 6 years NO. So they did something and as crazy as it was it did give a good origin for the real Jimmy Who we might not get to see again. But to be fair many people during the show played the "Jimmy" role, Pete in the first season was more like Jimmy then the real Pete Ross then Chloe(season 2thur4) was very much the Jimmy to Clark.Then they brought Henry Olsen. They were all a pal to Clark (Superman).

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎