No announcement yet.

Why Kate was crossed off.........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Kate was crossed off.........

so i guess mothers cant be leaders. maybe it has something to do with the last living realitive has the power. could be why smokey was so special cause he was the newest in the family. also explains maybe why Mother wanted the babies so she could get out of the job and could only give it to a family member or something.

Maybe.... But then why was Claire even brought to the island in the first place? She was 8 months! If her name was crossed off because she became a mother... even before she got the sickness (which is why I thought it got crosses off)... then that makes me confused.

Comment

I think Kate was crossed out because once she become a mother (for Aaron), she no longer was lost or searching or in need of the island anymore (Jacob wanted it to be a "mutual need" apparently -- the island needing them as much as they needed the island). Hence the reason loser extraordinaire Jack Shephard nominated himself. lol

Jacob also said that Kate could still have the job if she wanted it. But of course, she didn't, because only a complete loser would want it. Which, again, is why Jack stepped forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkfan_phantom
        Maybe.... But then why was Claire even brought to the island in the first place? She was 8 months! If her name was crossed off because she became a mother... even before she got the sickness (which is why I thought it got crosses off)... then that makes me confused.
        Well there hasn't been a child born on the island since who knows, so it was basically left to the island rather than to Jacob.

Comment

I think that Jacob crossed Kate's name off because Kate's number one priority was to take care of Aaron, not protect the island. The same goes for Sun. Kwon wasn't crossed out probably because Jin chose to stay on the island and not bring Sun back, which meant that protecting the island could still have become a priority for him.

Comment

Yeah, I think Jacob just meant that Kate had her own responsibilities now that she was a mother.

Comment

ya i think jacob only wanted people who didnt have much and who wouldnt mind being there. someone with nothing to loose. he probably gave kate a second chance because she gave aaron back.

wonder if rose and bernard were braught to the island cause they were candidates or perhaps jacob really liked them and wanted them to have a happy life together. i also wonder if anyone else who died were candidates. like eko and charlie and stuff. althought if eko was then smokey couldnt have killed him unless asking if he wanted forgiveness and him saying no was a loophole which no longer let him be apart of it.

Comment

^I know a bunch of the characters that died, like Charlie... had numbers on the wall/Lighthouse. So ya, they were candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkfan_phantom
                  It seems to me that Claire was brought to the island because, while she was pregnant, she was emotionally broken. She didn't want the baby and she didn't want to be a mother. I'm not sure if she was a candidate or not, but I imagine her name was crossed off the list when she decided to mother her child.

I also don't think it is a matter of: You're mother now, so you can't have any responsibilities. It's a matter of feeling complete. As a mother of children myself, I agree that mothering becomes the single most important thing in your life, and it is totally emotionally fulfilling. When Kate become Arron's mother she seemed to be more happy and have more sense of purpose then ever before in her life.

I was actually very happy and satisfied to hear why Kate's name was crossed off the list.

Comment

Yea it made sense. I guess Kwon was Jin..and when he wasn't alone (reunion with Sun) the Island didn't need to keep him alive unlike in s4.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎