No announcement yet.

Lois Lane's Arc -- S10 Spoilers Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhhandsteph
    My wish list for Lois Lane is to have the General return in a episode!!
    Same. I recently saw a comic scan where the General tells Lois that he saved all articles she's ever written and that he's proud of her. I want that to happen on SV. I'd love it if Lois had a healthy relationship with her dad before it all ends.

Comment

Originally posted by -Nora-
      Same. I recently saw a comic scan where the General tells Lois that he saved all articles she's ever written and that he's proud of her. I want that to happen on SV. I'd love it if Lois had a healthy relationship with her dad before it all ends.
      That would be fantastic. I imagine there would be still be some tension between them, but it would be good to see something like that, her father showing himself to be just that, a proud father, and not just 'The General' with a family chain of command.

Comment

That would be great

Comment

Do you have the scan? It sounds so sweet!

Comment

Personally, I want Lois to be the one to convince Clark that he needs to put on the Suit and become Superman. Yes, I realize that Martha's the one who created it (as is only proper), but Lois should be the one to get him to put it on.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc L
              Personally, I want Lois to be the one to convince Clark that he needs to put on the Suit and become Superman. Yes, I realize that Martha's the one who created it (as is only proper), but Lois should be the one to get him to put it on.

Marc
              I don't think anyone needs to talk Clark into becoming Superman or putting on the suit. He has a mind of his own and I'd like it to be his decision. Lois can have the priviledge of naming him Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                I don't think anyone needs to talk Clark into becoming Superman or putting on the suit. He has a mind of his own and I'd like it to be his decision. Lois can have the priviledge of naming him Superman.
                I agree. And then writing exclusives about him.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                  "Convince" may have been a strong word. Maybe more of a showing of support of him being who he is meant to be. Dr. Fate said that Lois is the key, and ISTR in Lois and Clark one of the baddies (Tempus, I think) commenting that Superman wouldn't really have become Superman if the love of his life (Lois) hadn't constantly been throwing herself into harm's way. Somehow, IMO, Lois needs to figure into him finally deciding that he is ready to be Superman.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc L
                    "Convince" may have been a strong word. Maybe more of a showing of support of him being who he is meant to be. Dr. Fate said that Lois is the key, and ISTR in Lois and Clark one of the baddies (Tempus, I think) commenting that Superman wouldn't really have become Superman if the love of his life (Lois) hadn't constantly been throwing herself into harm's way. Somehow, IMO, Lois needs to figure into him finally deciding that he is ready to be Superman.

Marc
                    With all due respect to Tempus that was not quite true. As I recall the Kents in that AU died when Clark was ten, so the biggest part of why he might have became Superman was gone. However in the real time line with or without Lois Lane, Clark was going to become a hero just like he has in the comics and other canon. The thing that Lois contributes to Clark becoming a hero is the name Superman and letting her readers see Superman though her eyes. What I believe Dr. Fate meant by Lois being the Key was her introducing Superman to the world like she has always done.

Comment

To be honest, I think in Salvation we've already seen a big part of why Dr. Fate called Lois the key. If it hadn't been for that dream or vision and the love he had for Lois, Clark might have actually gone with the rest but instead he chose to take the knife, maybe because even he knew that he would somehow be all right. If not, then at least Dr Fate did. That vision was his destiny. Lois is a big part of that destiny. If he survives, and we all know he will, he will be able to reach it, but not if he had ascended like the rest of them. In other words, his love for Lois played a big part in the decision he made at the end of that episode, therefore she was the key to Clark remaining on Earth, so he can reach his destiny and become Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                        I agree. And then writing exclusives about him.
                        The situation in Smallville when Lois will know from the start that Clark and Superman are one and the same will bother a certain segment of comic fans. There are some who think Lois and Clark (in the comics) have no journalistic intergrity - that Lois should have stopped writing Superman articles as soon as she found out the secret. So I think that those fans will detest the Smallville situation even more, since Lois will be writing articles (and supposedly influencing the world) already knowing his secret.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMorrison
                          The situation in Smallville when Lois will know from the start that Clark and Superman are one and the same will bother a certain segment of comic fans. There are some who think Lois and Clark (in the comics) have no journalistic integrity - that Lois should have stopped writing Superman articles as soon as she found out the secret. So I think that those fans will detest the Smallville situation even more, since Lois will be writing articles (and supposedly influencing the world) already knowing his secret.
                          Well, we don't know for sure about Lois and how much she knows; it's all still speculation as far as Smallville goes. Have to see how it plays out. And unfortunately, someone is always going to complain. Me, I'm not going to let things like that bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                            Well, we don't know for sure about Lois and how much she knows; it's all still speculation as far as Smallville goes. Have to see how it plays out. And unfortunately, someone is always going to complain. Me, I'm not going to let things like that bother me.
                            I think that it is the group of fans who hate the Lois and Clark marriage who say that Lois is not being ethical. I try to ignore the complaints of people who are known for never liking anything that Lois does. It seems I am not as successful at it as you.

I look forward to seeing how it plays out in Smallville as well.

Comment

The situation in Smallville when Lois will know from the start that Clark and Superman are one and the same will bother a certain segment of comic fans. There are some who think Lois and Clark (in the comics) have no journalistic intergrity - that Lois should have stopped writing Superman articles as soon as she found out the secret. So I think that those fans will detest the Smallville situation even more, since Lois will be writing articles (and supposedly influencing the world) already knowing his secret.
                              I can't see why Lois would have a lack of journalistic integrity for writing articles about Superman once she knows the secret. For one thing Lois Lane, as in the Superman movie and L&C, was smitten with Superman before she knew the secret. Why isn't anyone saying she lacks integrity writing about someone she's in love with? Do those who have that belief also believe that Lois Lane (in any version) would give Superman a free pass if he did something criminal?

On the contrary, Lois can be very tough on Superman regardless of her feelings for him and that's one of the reasons he loves her. Those who believe integrity is missing should watch the JL episode "Question Authority" where Lois, even though dating Superman, expresses her ambivalence (which Clark helps her spell later ) over the strong-arm tactics he and the Justice League had been using lately. She tells him to his face that she's a journalist, not a diplomat. Later she says "I've been as tough on the Justice League as anyone, especially on Superman. That's just because he's set such a high standard." Later there's redemption and she cuts him a break, but Lois's integrity was never in question.

The show has one season left. A lot of over-thinking of minor elements is taking place. I've read the wish lists and it would be impossible to accommodate a tenth of the requests. I wouldn't sweat something like journalistic integrity when so much has to take place in 22 episodes to get Superman off the launchpad

Comment

I would so like to see in season 10 an important arc for Lois, you know something like investigating murders and then finding out who was the autor... I think she would kick ass

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎